What an epic week for music

2»

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    Really happy about new music from Justin.. For me he has the voice, the moves, the writing and production ability and the personality.. FutureSex was a great great album that he and Timbaland pulled out of the bag and his tour was amazing..

Destinys Child however is a disappointment. When I saw the headline that they had announced a new album I was ecstatic hoping for a full release but they just decide to tack a few album tracks to a new song and call it a brand new album, hopefully they will reform at the Superbowl and get a great reaction leading to a full studio album and massive world tour, Destiny Fulfilled ended with two underperforming singles and their career ended with one two!! Your best friends, sort it out girls
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    David Bowie, Destiny's Child and Justin Timberlake all releasing or announcing releases of new music. I'm so excited about having some quality pop music back in the charts. Anyone else feel the same way? :)

I wouldn't put Bowie in the company of these "artists" but hey, different strokes for different folks as they say......
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    So if I understand your post correctly, in order for you to truly enjoy a song, it needs to be written and composed by the artist singing it? Otherwise it's not worth bothering about? Is that about right?

It must be exhausting having that sort of approach to music! Personally, I couldn't care less whether Justin wrote Cry Me A River: it is still one of the greatest pop songs of that decade, and a lot of his other stuff isn't too shabby either.

I didn't say they were. Bowie practically wrote the book for modern day popstars. But DC and JT have made some absolutely amazing pop records in their own right and it's understandable that a lot of people are excited about them returning. :)

actually, im in agreement broadly with you here (at the expense of my fellow oldies...lol)

theres hell of alot of covers that have become the definitive version or at least great versions, so no, you dont have to have composed the track to make it great....

i dont mind abit of jt.... 'cry me a river' was great.

never liked bowie much (but respect him hugely), dont like dc either, but they did produce some good pop i guess.