What annoys you most about being part of the gaming community?

Comments

• mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ungrateful & greedy. PS+, for example, is amazing value for money and they throw tons of decent quality games at you, yet people still complain about how USA gets it better, why do we not get this game or why is that game not released in Europe, and so on - as if they have some right to receive a game when THEY want it. When PSN went down for a couple of months Sony gave us loads for free but all some people could do was complain about how it wasn't EXACTLY what they wanted, or they already owned some of the games... people always want more more more and can't seem to stop and look at how much they have, and be grateful for it.
  • Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    Games being released when quite clearly they are buggy and unfinished all due to pushy publishers and there schedules.

This.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18 to 25 year olds that think, just because you're 33 years of age, you should just give up and retire from gaming.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The over-saturated knock-off FPS genre

"Who cares if it's buggy or unfinished? That's what DLC's for (and, in some cases, we'll get them to pay for the privilege)!"

Crappy PC ports

Fanboys

The hype machine (annoyance reaches fever-pitch around the release of the next COD/Halo etc.)

And lastly: the way I'm sometimes treated as a gamer who just happens to be a woman.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    18 to 25 year olds that think, just because you're 33 years of age, you should just give up and retire from gaming.

Average age of a PC gamer is 35 years old.

What do I hate about the gaming community? How immature it is. And that is on all platforms. PC community usually says console players are immature, but you only have to look at the youtube 'celebrities' who comment on gaming to see that is totally false. Those tools give me a headache.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    And lastly: the way I'm sometimes treated as a gamer who just happens to be a woman.

Oh come on, admit it, this is you isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7gOWt754qSE#!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I hate playing online with people who think it's a matter of life & death & take it far too seriously. It's a game. It's meant to be played for fun! Luckily the people I play online with now don't take it too seriously & know there's more to life than gaming
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for proving my point somewhat...

You have no opinion on crappy PC ports then, I take it?
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    Thank you for proving my point somewhat...

You have no opinion on crappy PC ports then, I take it?

*sarcasm detection failure*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sarcasm detection failure*

I apologise I'm not a mind-reader. I grovel at your feet for not being able to detect the exact tone of voice you wished in your writing.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Constant Complainers/Never Satisfied Gamers - I know you can't please everyone, but there is truth in that saying Negative is Louder then Positive, so it is annoying to see that to some people, nothing is ever good enough, everything is crap, nothing deserves a chance, etc, which leads on to my next pet hate...

Entitled Gamers - It's all me me me with certain gamers who think everything should be catered to them or that a company/developer OWES them, you get people who say stuff like "I bought this game on such a platform 20 years ago, it means I have the right to pirate it now", etc, yes you bought something and you do have a right to comment on it and make your opinion known, but damn, you don't get the power to dictate what a developer SHOULD do and claim ownership of a game you bought on one platform thinking you deserve it on EVERY platform if it ever comes out again/gets re-released.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaming magazines that only focus on the major games. Seriously there are many decent games that slip under the radar as they do a 20 page special on the latest COD/Halo/Assassin's Creed/GTA/Nathan Drake etc.

Fanboys.

The fact the Sony's Vita still can't download patches through a wired connection - unless I am missing a trick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »

I haev to remind them sometimes they have been owned by a 50 year old
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Fanboys.

2) Mic users having a chat with their son/mum/cat etc rather than using for game objectives.

3) Glitchers, boosters, cheaters.

4) People moaning about snipers in FPS games. It's a legitimate tactical option.

5) People who leave a session or kick you from it when they are losing.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The state of games journalism nowadays. It seems that by and large it is devoid of credibility, and full of shills.

Also, fan boys!
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like gamers who "tink it coool to be all omg wtf bbq!!11!!!1!! I pwned yo ass j00 n00bs".

Seriously, it's people like that who give gamers bad names. I can excuse a bit of bad grammar and the odd spelling mistake but text speak just isn't cricket.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    2) Mic users having a chat with their son/mum/cat etc rather than using for game objectives.

I have an ex-guild mate who I'm still friends with who is a royal pain in the bum when it comes to VOIP. (We use Vent). He is either far too loud or far too quiet, dependant on where he fancies putting his mic. As such your either deafened, or asking him to repeat himself about you've upped his volume. He also has a family with young children, who are always noisy and drowning him out. Very annoying.

It was amusing one night though as we were just socially chatting as normal and his new guild decided to raid. As he wanted to talk to us as well, he set up a different keybind for TeamSpeak and thought he could multi-VOIP. Needless to say after the 10th mispress he finally gave up trying.
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    The state of games journalism nowadays. It seems that by and large it is devoid of credibility, and full of shills.

Also, fan boys!

You should watch the angryjoeshow top 10 gaming controversies of 2012 on youtube he mentions gaming journalists and how they care about the perks more than informing gamers about games
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    I have an ex-guild mate who I'm still friends with who is a royal pain in the bum when it comes to VOIP. (We use Vent). He is either far too loud or far too quiet, dependant on where he fancies putting his mic. As such your either deafened, or asking him to repeat himself about you've upped his volume. He also has a family with young children, who are always noisy and drowning him out. Very annoying.

It was amusing one night though as we were just socially chatting as normal and his new guild decided to raid. As he wanted to talk to us as well, he set up a different keybind for TeamSpeak and thought he could multi-VOIP. Needless to say after the 10th mispress he finally gave up trying.

I am terrine for talking to my hubby and just chatting about crap. Or the kids want to chat or I sor out someone's love life. I play or the banter not the game
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh yes, fanboys. Why can't we all just get along?!
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Pretty much anyone with a mic on xbox live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Constant media portrayal of gaming as the source of all the worlds evils. "Psycho played Call of Modern Duty Warfare 10 just before going on killing spree" - so did several million other people who didn't.

Also that all gamers are spotty oik teenagers - we aren't, the average age of gamers is now well into the late 20's/early 30's with some considerably older than that ;)
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willowfan wrote: »
    Constant media portrayal of gaming as the source of all the worlds evils. "Psycho played Call of Modern Duty Warfare 10 just before going on killing spree" - so did several million other people who didn't.

Also that all gamers are spotty oik teenagers - we aren't, the average age of gamers is now well into the late 20's/early 30's with some considerably older than that ;)

Yeah that is annoying. I still get funny looks when asked what my interests are and I say playing video games.

Back to mics. I don't mind people talking on mics as long as they're polite(1 in million chance of that I know :rolleyes: ) but what is with folks just playing crappy music or even worse just having a loud static noise blast through everyone's speakers? :confused: I can't get to the mute button quick enough when that happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad losers. one american that I played against did nothing but bad mouth everyone else in the lobby when he got killed, wtf did he expect from a shooting game. All we heard (until I muted the loud mouthed tosser) was muthafuka this, bitch that, ho, **** and the rest of the shit he came out with lol. What a muppet lol
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Pretty much anyone with a mic on xbox live.

all mics are terrible.