Options

Desperate Housewives - Season 8 (US Pace)

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I loved the finale. It would have been nice to have seen Edie on the lane one last time even if it was only in flashback.

I think the whole poker thing just means they never got together to play poker again. I doubt after that many years of friendship they would just stop talking to each other.

Loved Susan's exit.

I'm assuming Vanessa Williams character stayed on the lane.

Ooooooooh and that ending with the box :)

God I really am going to miss this show
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    robjames69 wrote: »
    my scripts would have said this for the flashforwards.. on the basis that they split up..

LYNETTE
    Lynette was the first woman to leave the lane. She left Wisteria Lane on a Monday, a week before she started her new job for Katherine Mayfair's frozen food company in New York. Her husband Tom stayed at home in their plush Manhattan apartment to look after the children.
    It wasn't long before Lynette realised she had been out of the game for too long and didn't want to continue living like that. She and Tom decided to start their own frozen Pizza business and moved near to his family home in Kentucky later that year.

GABBY
    Gabrielle Solis had tried for years to hold on to Carlos, in their tango of a marriage.but everydance has to come to an end eventually. And later that Fall she took advantage of an oppertunity to work in the flagship Victoria Beckham store in Los Angeles, only seeing Carlos every other weekend to spend time with her daughters, whom she missed while away. It was three years later that Garbielle married John Rowland in an elaborate Beverly Hills ceremony. His profile as an actor ensured they lived a luxurious life, with Jaunita and Celia moving in with them a few months later. Carlos took his own life as his drug addictions ravaged his body.

BREE
    Bree Van de Camp took a vow of celibacy as she and Andrew relocated to help Danielle rasie Benjamin in Illinois. Bree soon fell for a charming doctor named Mark, who she married five years later. Andrew also found himself a new man, and moved to Florida to start his own business. Bree released a second cook book to rave reviews, dedicating it to three inspirational women who will always have a special place in her heart.

SUSAN
    And finally Susan Mayer. Her story is an interesting one, despite the heartache, lost loves and pain she had been through, she could not bring herself to leave the place she met Mike Delfino. Susan Mayer is the lady who always checks the trash cans have been brought in, the woman who offers shelter to neighbours during a time of crisis, the mother who helps her son through a difficult time, and the grandmother, who dedicates her life to helping the daughter who helped her through so much. Yes, Susan Mayer remained on Wisteria Lane, growing old, growing wiser, with Mike Delfino watching over her...

Your Bree scenario is brilliant, and would have made a much better ending than the one we were given. However not fussed on your Gabby/Carlos ending. I never liked John Rowland and think that Gabby and Carlos's fiery marriage is what made them such a great couple. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    heres hoping they have a decent boxset come out.

no doubt the UK will get screwed with a crappy cardboard cover with all the currently available boxes shoved in it and the US will get a proper set.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    robjames69 wrote: »
    my scripts would have said this for the flashforwards.. on the basis that they split up..

LYNETTE
    Lynette was the first woman to leave the lane. She left Wisteria Lane on a Monday, a week before she started her new job for Katherine Mayfair's frozen food company in New York. Her husband Tom stayed at home in their plush Manhattan apartment to look after the children.
    It wasn't long before Lynette realised she had been out of the game for too long and didn't want to continue living like that. She and Tom decided to start their own frozen Pizza business and moved near to his family home in Kentucky later that year.

GABBY
    Gabrielle Solis had tried for years to hold on to Carlos, in their tango of a marriage.but everydance has to come to an end eventually. And later that Fall she took advantage of an oppertunity to work in the flagship Victoria Beckham store in Los Angeles, only seeing Carlos every other weekend to spend time with her daughters, whom she missed while away. It was three years later that Garbielle married John Rowland in an elaborate Beverly Hills ceremony. His profile as an actor ensured they lived a luxurious life, with Jaunita and Celia moving in with them a few months later. Carlos took his own life as his drug addictions ravaged his body.

BREE
    Bree Van de Camp took a vow of celibacy as she and Andrew relocated to help Danielle rasie Benjamin in Illinois. Bree soon fell for a charming doctor named Mark, who she married five years later. Andrew also found himself a new man, and moved to Florida to start his own business. Bree released a second cook book to rave reviews, dedicating it to three inspirational women who will always have a special place in her heart.

SUSAN
    And finally Susan Mayer. Her story is an interesting one, despite the heartache, lost loves and pain she had been through, she could not bring herself to leave the place she met Mike Delfino. Susan Mayer is the lady who always checks the trash cans have been brought in, the woman who offers shelter to neighbours during a time of crisis, the mother who helps her son through a difficult time, and the grandmother, who dedicates her life to helping the daughter who helped her through so much. Yes, Susan Mayer remained on Wisteria Lane, growing old, growing wiser, with Mike Delfino watching over her...

The Bree scenario is brilliant. Preferred the actual ending for the others though.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Was thinking the same when I woke up this morning, and also that I need a replacement.

Marc Cherry's "Devious Maids" hasn't been picked up. I am LOVING Revenge, and although it will have its finale on Wednesday, it's been renewed so there will be more eventually at least.

I used to watch Dallas as a kid but not sure if I'll like the new version after seeing the promos for it.

What are others watching to replace Desperate Housewives?

I haven't found a show to replace it, as of yet, but my soap operas keep me company anyway.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So nobody noticed Marc Cherrys cameo?
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    So nobody noticed Marc Cherrys cameo?

Of course I did but it was kind of obvious so I didn't mention it. I think others have mentioned it in this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't found a show to replace it, as of yet, but my soap operas keep me company anyway.

G.C.B had the potential to be the next desperate housewives but they only went and cancelled it ugh.

They should have just stuck to "good christian bitches" as the title.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G.C.B had the potential to be the next desperate housewives but they only went and cancelled it ugh.

They should have just stuck to "good christian bitches" as the title.

That title would have gone down a treat in America! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That title would have gone down a treat in America! ;)

No doubt but the amount of publicity they would have gotten from it would have been unreal.

Calling it GCB was just a terrible idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt but the amount of publicity they would have gotten from it would have been unreal.

Calling it GCB was just a terrible idea.

They're much more religious as a country. There would have been outrage! ::eek:
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was outrage by groups objecting both to the Christian and Bitches usage in the title, hence the title changes from Good Christian Bitches to Good Christian Belles (which I saw promos for) and finally to GCB.

I know Wiki is usually not the best place but it's mentioned here

As for DH replacements, both PanAm and GCB are cancelled. I love Revenge (started after a recommendation on here) but its less soapy. I started watching New Girl and 2 Broke Girls but got bored and stopped even though they have both been renewed. A lot of new shows are too crime/sci-fi based for my liking.

Guess I will have to wait for new offerings Mistresses and 666 Park Avenue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lovetochat wrote: »
    There was outrage by groups objecting both to the Christian and Bitches usage in the title, hence the title changes from Good Christian Bitches to Good Christian Belles (which I saw promos for) and finally to GCB.

I know Wiki is usually not the best place but it's mentioned here

As for DH replacements, both PanAm and GCB are cancelled. I love Revenge (started after a recommendation on here) but its less soapy. I started watching New Girl and 2 Broke Girls but got bored and stopped even though they have both been renewed. A lot of new shows are too crime/sci-fi based for my liking.

Guess I will have to wait for new offerings Mistresses and 666 Park Avenue.

I love Madeline Stowe in 'revenge' a proper stone cold bitch

love it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Slightly off topic but watching through the seasons 1-7. Seasons 1-4 have been really good but Season 5 is awful in comparison.

The actor who plays Dave is awful! The acting feels so forced and its just cringey to watch his character. I know we're not meant to like the character but I simply cannot abide any scene with him in it.

It's an awful mystery which was solved in the first episode and dragged out for 24 episodes, and just an awful character overall. It's far too forced when he's becoming everyone's best friend all of a sudden. It's a shame since the rest of Season 5 ain't actually that bad. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but watching through the seasons 1-7. Seasons 1-4 have been really good but Season 5 is awful in comparison.

The actor who plays Dave is awful! The acting feels so forced and its just cringey to watch his character. I know we're not meant to like the character but I simply cannot abide any scene with him in it.

It's an awful mystery which was solved in the first episode and dragged out for 24 episodes, and just an awful character overall. It's far too forced when he's becoming everyone's best friend all of a sudden. It's a shame since the rest of Season 5 ain't actually that bad. :(

Unlike most shows, I don't think Desperate Housewives ever actually had a 'bad' season and, whilst S5 might not be on par with the other seasons, it certainly had some great moments and episodes.

BTW UK viewer here just saw the entire finale- I actually think it worked better as two separate episodes- and I totally LOVED it!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the line about them never meeting for poker again- I took that to mean they obviously still met up, just perhaps not all together because of logistics, or because perhaps when they did all meet up again, they all had all of their families in tow, husbands, kids and all, as well as Renee, therefore meaning they would never be able to play poker just as a core group.
  • Options
    GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Birth, a Marriage and a Death.

Brilliant...

Susan driving past all the "Ghosts"

Wonderful end to a brilliant Programme.

Desperate Housewives R.I.P.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well the UK is getting screwed again. The complete collection is out the end of september and what do we get? A crappy outer case with all the seasons in it.

What do the US get? A deluxe version in a box like the one that girl had in the finale and a letter from Marc cherry.

I've preordered mine from amazon and hope that I don't get screwed by customs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the UK is getting screwed again. The complete collection is out the end of september and what do we get? A crappy outer case with all the seasons in it.

What do the US get? A deluxe version in a box like the one that girl had in the finale and a letter from Marc cherry.

I've preordered mine from amazon and hope that I don't get screwed by customs

If you ordered from Amazon.com the price includes all customs charges.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you ordered from Amazon.com the price includes all customs charges.

Ooh I didn't know that. Thank you :D

I can't post the link for some reason but you can see it on amazon.com

Ugh now I just need to get a multi region DVD player
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been watching DH from the start since its just been put up on lovefilm, ah I really miss this show!!! Got through season one in about a week lol, watching season two atm and just been reminded how much I hated the storyline with the applewhites!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I didn't know that. Thank you :D

I can't post the link for some reason but you can see it on amazon.com

Ugh now I just need to get a multi region DVD player

When you check out you should have seen something along the lines of customs charges as an entry. Did it let you pay in Pounds?