Options

~ The Alesha Dixon Appreciation Thread ~

AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I hope 2012 will be a big year for Alesha. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Hard to appreciate her. She didn't deserve to be a judge on SCD as she's never danced before until the time she was a contestant on the show. Her dancing on pop videos and etc don't count, in this, I only refer to dancing that is performed on SCD. I find her to be too opinionated on a subject she hardly knows about, and her opinions are mainly observations on what she saw in a plain sense. The other judges make comment on what they saw, but they seem to be able to deliver a bit more than just "it looks good," "you had personality,".

And now she's going onto BTG, I can only say it's going to get worst.
  • Options
    Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump! Took me ages to find this thread!

Any Alesha appreciators out there? I'm desperate to discuss her forthcoming album as well as the three she's already released. Such a star!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Alesha, she's such a consistent artist. If she's given the right material and promotion then she can be huge in her own right. The Entertainer was a fantastic album and I am so sad it failed! In some ways I think SCD was the wrong job for her if she wanted the judge/album promo as the strictly audience doesn't really like her kind of sound. Maybe not this year but next year if she's back on BGT then she will give a kick ass performance for her new era
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer The Entertainer to The Alesha Show. Alesha was the first concert I ever went to. :):p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer The Entertainer to The Alesha Show. Alesha was the first concert I ever went to. :):p

Ditto, Entertainer was brilliant. How was she live?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Ditto, Entertainer was brilliant. How was she live?

Absolutely amazing. She was very funny and sang very well and was a great dancer. I don't know what to review. :p

The setlist was a little strange though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I don't know why on Earth she released Drummer Boy as the lead single from The Entertainer. But saying that I don't know what song Id use as the lead.

I wish she didn't put that horrible Drummer Boy mix with the man at the start "say what" "I saiiiiiid". Although the music video is amazing (all the videos from this album were).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree with both of you! The Entertainer remains my favourite album to date, just one great song after another. Cool With Me is definitely the highlight imo.

I can't understand either why Drummer Boy was released. It's my least favourite from the album, but I've warmed to it a little since.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely agree with both of you! The Entertainer remains my favourite album to date, just one great song after another. Cool With Me is definitely the highlight imo.

I can't understand either why Drummer Boy was released. It's my least favourite from the album, but I've warmed to it a little since.

I love the acoustic of Cool With Me she released for her birthday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the acoustic of Cool With Me she released for her birthday.

Yeah, it was lovely! I listen to that version from time to time, very heartfelt song deep down. :)

Can't wait for her new album. Just hope it does better than The Entertainer as she deserves every success. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why does Alesha say she'll be in the studio during the summer, I thought she'd been in the studio for a while now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Alesha say she'll be in the studio during the summer, I thought she'd been in the studio for a while now?

That had crossed my mind too as I've seen tweets dating back from as long as last year saying she's recording in the studio. I'm guessing it means she'll be busy recording throughout the Summer and finalising labels etc. Got a feeling she could go with Syco but that'd worry me as they can drop you like a stone if you don't live up to expectations.

I'd love the album to come out later this year but I've got a feeling it's going to be next year to coincide with BGT S7. It'll give her more of a platform then, I'm guessing. I'm really excited about the album, should be good! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK rapper and actor, Ashley Walters, returns with the single ‘Your Love’, featuring Alesha Dixon. The track is released on 30th September, through SK Records. Ashley says “I am really excited to be working with Alesha. We had fun creating the track in the studio. She has a great voice and brings a different vibe. I wanted us to create something very distinct from my previous work. I always try to write from my own personal experiences and this track reflects events in my journey. It’s about change and moving forward positively.”

Actor Ashley Walters is the second artist to be signed by SK Records, founded by British singer-songwriter Simon Webbe and business partners Karan and Preeti Singh. Ashley’s career highlights includes critically acclaimed TV dramas Top Boy, Inside Men, Small Island and Hustle, and Hollywood blockbusters such as ‘Get Rich Or Die Trying’ alongside 50 cent and ‘Stormbreaker’ with Mickey Rourke and Ewan McGregor.

ASHLEY WALTERS FEAT. ALESHA DIXON
    “YOUR LOVE” 30th September 2012
    SK RECORDS
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alesha can't wait to hear her new music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alesha can't wait to hear her new music.

Me too. It's been too long!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    Apparently she's hosting a show for CBBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.maximumpop.co.uk/alesha-dixon-interview/
    New interview, when talking about her new album it don't sound like she's got a record deal, I was hoping for a new album from her this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for the interview. :) I was hoping for this year too but knew realistically it would be next year. I still think it's a shame that she probably won't hit the top half of the charts anymore as she's such a lovely person. The Entertainer was amazing.