Options

|.:.| The Union J Appreciation Thread |.:.|

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Isn't Josh wearing the top that JJ had on when he had his tattoo.... looks similar

And George has found a new smile :D
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I don't think Josh has a girlfriend... if he's denied it I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He and this girl everyone's going on about could just be friends.
    Found this on twitter:

@unionjfanuk: New Photoshoot of Union J (from @Justyna1D_UJ) http://t.co/q136RsBO

I'm glad they didn't use that picture lol, something about it doesn't look right.
  • Options
    unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    I don't think Josh has a girlfriend... if he's denied it I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He and this girl everyone's going on about could just be friends.

I think it's very naive to think it's impossible that he's not lying. There's so much circumstantial evidence that he indeed does have a girlfriend.. the ring, the Paris trip, the fact that her twitter account is protected etc. He has a million reasons to NOT make the relationship public yet, which is fine. But come on.. it's very likely that he does have a girlfriend. But if you want to stay in your imaginary bubble thinking Josh is single, go right ahead. Just don't be shocked when he one day makes it official.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry to bring this up again, but I was just thinking how awful some of the things some of the 3eeks said a couple of the days were. Actually directed to their twitter, I saw one of them say they'd chuck acid in their faces for what they'd said. Then there was all the ones like they should get bricked in the face, someone should break their nose etc. I don't know, I just find it so shocking that fans who are probably very young were coming out with all of this sort of stuff.

This is exactly WHY I don't like the District 3 fans. They have ALWAYS thought their boys were better than ours. I think it is getting to them that our boys have more success than theirs. I think it's their worst nightmare coming true, which is why they get so mad. But this doesn't excuse it though, it's appalling that anyone would say such things. I've said some stuff about District 3 too, I admit it.. like I think the boys come off as rude and obnoxious sometimes, but I would NEVER EVER say anything even remotely close to "lets break their nose or throw a brick at them!" like wtf?!?! the more I get to hear from District 3 AND their fans, the less I like them. I don't even understand how District 3 can have fans like that, then again.. it mirrors the boys behavior (like being rude), so maybe it's not weird that they'd have some fans who behave just like themselves. Jcats are honestly the nicest fans ever, seriously... just like Union J themselves :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that a small number of D3 have to give their fanbase a bad name. I know it's not all of them. I bet the brick and nose ones won't be said to their faces. I'm sure UJ get flooded with tweets of positive support anyway to make up for it. As long as they don't end up like Tulisa who has now given up completely on looking at her mentions because of all the abuse she gets and only replies to fans she follows while the other fans miss out thanks to the idiots that have to ruin it for others. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't label all District3 fans based on a few crazy ones, you're going to get them in every fanbase, including Union J's. Maybe not yet but if they get big and the fanbase grows there's undeniably going to be a few fans like that and we're all going to eventually be labelled off it which is annoying.
    unicorns wrote: »
    I think it's very naive to think it's impossible that he's not lying. There's so much circumstantial evidence that he indeed does have a girlfriend.. the ring, the Paris trip, the fact that her twitter account is protected etc. He has a million reasons to NOT make the relationship public yet, which is fine. But come on.. it's very likely that he does have a girlfriend. But if you want to stay in your imaginary bubble thinking Josh is single, go right ahead. Just don't be shocked when he one day makes it official.

I don't care whether he has a girlfriend or not, but I believe him. If he did have one I doubt he'd publicise the possibility on their Twitter. I don't know but he's mentioned enough times he doesn't have one and I'm not really one to say he's lying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone.
    Im new on here. Love Union J, especially Jaymi. Looking forward to seeing them on the XF tour, all the videos on Youtube are brilliant!
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pamela9322 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    Im new on here. Love Union J, especially Jaymi. Looking forward to seeing them on the XF tour, all the videos on Youtube are brilliant!

Hi and welcome! :D Another Jaymi fan :D

Yeah I love all of their performances, I hope you have a great time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    New Vine Vid Posted...

http://vine.co/v/b1Hxdpghdg5
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a shame that a small number of D3 have to give their fanbase a bad name. I know it's not all of them. I bet the brick and nose ones won't be said to their faces. I'm sure UJ get flooded with tweets of positive support anyway to make up for it. As long as they don't end up like Tulisa who has now given up completely on looking at her mentions because of all the abuse she gets and only replies to fans she follows while the other fans miss out thanks to the idiots that have to ruin it for others. :(
    I wouldn't label all District3 fans based on a few crazy ones, you're going to get them in every fanbase, including Union J's. Maybe not yet but if they get big and the fanbase grows there's undeniably going to be a few fans like that and we're all going to eventually be labelled off it which is annoying.

Yet I've NEVER EVER seen any Union J fans say such nasty things about District 3. I'm not saying it never happens, but I've definitely seen more sh*t tossed at Union J from District 3 fans than the other way around. I'm sorry, but I never liked the DIstrict 3 fans, they're so rude and obnoxious, just like the boys they admire. Look like they found each other, so it's a match made in heaven!

I'm just saying.. District 3 has gotten a bad reputation already, and there's a reason for it. Union J's fanbase is usually labeled nice.. which I think is an apt description, at least from what I'v seen on tumblr and on twitter. You know.. Union J fans even SUPPORTED District 3 on X Factor, but I never saw that kind of support from them about Union J. They usually hated on Union J and said "they can't sing, they're only popular because of George, they are favored" blah blah.. it was always the same. I'd say District 3 has the most annoying fanbase out there, at least imo.
    I don't care whether he has a girlfriend or not, but I believe him. If he did have one I doubt he'd publicise the possibility on their Twitter. I don't know but he's mentioned enough times he doesn't have one and I'm not really one to say he's lying.

OK then. Lets just agree to disagree. I trust my own instincts, and I can put two and two together. I think he has every reason to lie about his girlfriend, and I respect it. He doesn't want to make the relationship public just yet, which is fine. I'm not holding a grudge against him or anything like that, but I believe he indeed has a girlfriend, but it's useless to say anything, because you'd always say he doesn't, and we're back to square one, despite the fact that there's evidence supporting the fact that he's taken.
    Hi everyone.

Hi :)

I'm a Union J and Josh fan. I always rant because I think Josh is overlooked because of Jaymi. Don't get me wrong, I love Jaymi, he has an amazing voice and deserves the attention. However, Josh has a good voice too and I often feel like he's ignored because Jaymi is SO amazing. Honestly, you probably won't like to hear this, but sometimes I think Jaymi can be a bit too much, like he's always screaming, like he's trying too hard. He has an amazing voice, but he doesn't need to show it off every time he sings, "more is less", he can dial it down sometimes. I actually prefer Josh's voice, it's softer, and it's not as "brutal" as Jaymi's voice. I'm aware that he doesn't have as good of a voice as Jaymi. But I still prefer Josh's voice, I just think it sounds better in my ears.

OK, rant over. Hope I didn't scare you away. Like I said, I like Jaymi. It's just that Josh is my favorite :)
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    New Vine Vid Posted...

That was just random... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would love for the boys to be reading this thread :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    New Vine Vid Posted...

Breaking news - George is everywhere :D:D
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Would love for the boys to be reading this thread :D

I can imagine their faces tbh :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think this might be the longest I've waited before my last post to post. Feel like I'm always on here. :D
    Found this on twitter:

@unionjfanuk: New Photoshoot of Union J (from @Justyna1D_UJ) http://t.co/q136RsBO

That's the picture they use for the Tour t shirts I think. I like how they try different orders now. At the start of the show it always seemed like they had purposely learnt that the order goes JJ, George, Josh, Jaymi and didn't even seem to move out of it when they were out and about. It was kind of weird lol.
    Isn't Josh wearing the top that JJ had on when he had his tattoo.... looks similar

And George has found a new smile :D

It is, I think. All four of them share tons of clothes actually I've noticed. One thing I find odd about their clothes though is that I always assumed the clothes they had on for the actual X Factor performances were owned by the show, and that they'd given them all back. But all four seem to have kept some (Josh still has his red Winner Takes it all leather jacket as just one example which comes to mind first). Pretty boring observation but still lol.
    Hi everyone.

Welcome to the thread. :)

Speaking of Jaymi I'm really starting to miss his being in twitcams and even if he never did, I wouldn't mind him tweeting a bit more too lol. He has such a distinct personality from the other boys that I really want to see again. Don't get me wrong I do love the fact that those 3 are all a bit silly and immature, but I want to see some more of Jaymi's wit. His and JJ's relationship with each other is the most underrated of the lot in my opinion. Although I really can't imagine those two doing a twitcam together like George and JJ/Josh. I think Jaymi would be beyond frustrated at JJ's stupidity by the end of it lol.
    New Vine Vid Posted...

I really like these vine videos of theirs lol (although I don't know whether to be embarrassed to admit I had no idea what vine was until they started using it).

Oh and on the D3/UJ fanbase comparison, both probably have a few extreme members who would have reacted to a negative interview in the same kind of way. I was just saying how shocking it is that for some people so young, they can come up with stuff like that. But the interview still doesn't seem real. I'm pretty sure there's been some dodgy editing done there. You don't really go from the humble, careful not to insult anyone Union J on interviews where we can see what comes out of their mouths as they say it to one who seems to say what they want with no real thought behind how they come across. Josh's 'comment' was particularly odd on how he doesn't think about District3 anymore, and wants to be as successful as The Wanted and One Direction. It's just not something he would say based on what I've seen from tv interviews. After all, he was the only one who really went out of their way in the exit interviews to be positive about Chris when he isn't (as far as I know) his friend or anything. Saying that I did like how Jaymi handled the questions. I wasn't too keen on some of the insipid responses other acts gave to the Christopher question but with him I felt he gave his honest opinion on it articulately and respectfully, while not being afraid to be giving one which wasn't exactly positive. But yeah, that interview still bugs me because I'm sure a lot of it has been purposely contrived and words cut out to make them look as cocky as possible. The media seems obsessed with boyband feuds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Hi :)

I'm a Union J and Josh fan. I always rant because I think Josh is overlooked because of Jaymi. Don't get me wrong, I love Jaymi, he has an amazing voice and deserves the attention. However, Josh has a good voice too and I often feel like he's ignored because Jaymi is SO amazing. Honestly, you probably won't like to hear this, but sometimes I think Jaymi can be a bit too much, like he's always screaming, like he's trying too hard. He has an amazing voice, but he doesn't need to show it off every time he sings, "more is less", he can dial it down sometimes. I actually prefer Josh's voice, it's softer, and it's not as "brutal" as Jaymi's voice. I'm aware that he doesn't have as good of a voice as Jaymi. But I still prefer Josh's voice, I just think it sounds better in my ears.

OK, rant over. Hope I didn't scare you away. Like I said, I like Jaymi. It's just that Josh is my favorite :)

That's fine :) Everyone has there own opinion. I agree it would be boring if Jaymi sang like that on every song. The great thing with Union J is that they're all talented, no-one is in the band just because of there looks. Hopefully when they do there own thing they'll be able to show off there talents more
    Welcome to the thread. :)

Speaking of Jaymi I'm really starting to miss his being in twitcams and even if he never did, I wouldn't mind him tweeting a bit more too lol. He has such a distinct personality from the other boys that I really want to see again. Don't get me wrong I do love the fact that those 3 are all a bit silly and immature, but I want to see some more of Jaymi's wit. His and JJ's relationship with each other is the most underrated of the lot in my opinion. Although I really can't imagine those two doing a twitcam together like George and JJ/Josh. I think Jaymi would be beyond frustrated at JJ's stupidity by the end of it lol.
    Jaymi does keep quiet doesn't he? He seems a lot more mature than 22. I would love him to tweet more and be a bit more interested in doing twitcams. I think the longest he's paid attention to a twitcam is when they had the Love Hearts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jaymi does keep quiet doesn't he? He seems a lot more mature than 22. I would love him to tweet more and be a bit more interested in doing twitcams. I think the longest he's paid attention to a twitcam is when they had the Love Hearts!

Yeah I remember that Twitcam. I wish he did them more or even just tweeted or something, but he has said he isn't very much of a technology person so maybe that's why. It seems to be George and sometimes Josh leading everything :p

It's weird because their first Vine posts suggests that they are together most of the time, especially now they're on the tour. You'd think Jaymi would have picked it up by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember that Twitcam. It seems like forever ago now. Whenever I see a tweet from Jaymi I'm excited just because it's so rare nowadays. He never did tweet much though I suppose, perhaps he's just not a social media kind of guy? EDIT: xeo just reminded me about Jaymi saying he wasn't much of a technology guy so I guess that explains it. George should pass some knowledge onto him.

On the subject of D3 fans, I've met some of them who are genuinely lovely people so I wouldn't judge them all on those nasty threat makers. You get horrid people in any fanbase, although I haven't actually observed any in Union J's yet which is great. :D

Also speaking of favorite voices in the bunch; I love them all but particularly George. I think he has a really great tone and I loved his audition. I wish he and JJ got more solos in the X Factor. They all have amazing voices though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I remember that Twitcam. It seems like forever ago now. Whenever I see a tweet from Jaymi I'm excited just because it's so rare nowadays. He never did tweet much though I suppose, perhaps he's just not a social media kind of guy? EDIT: xeo just reminded me about Jaymi saying he wasn't much of a technology guy so I guess that explains it. George should pass some knowledge onto him.

On the subject of D3 fans, I've met some of them who are genuinely lovely people so I wouldn't judge them all on those nasty threat makers. You get horrid people in any fanbase, although I haven't actually observed any in Union J's yet which is great. :D

Also speaking of favorite voices in the bunch; I love them all but particularly George. I think he has a really great tone and I loved his audition. I wish he and JJ got more solos in the X Factor. They all have amazing voices though.

No.. District 3 definitely has the worst fans I've ever seen, even if just a few people threaten with violence, that's a few too many.

I'm not a fan of George's voice, sorry. I think it's better suited for guitar playing acoustic stuff. My favorite voice by far is Josh, who has the second best voice in the band :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I really like these vine videos of theirs lol (although I don't know whether to be embarrassed to admit I had no idea what vine was until they started using it).

I didn't either :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jaymi's 22? It's many of their ages I'm getting mixed up and some of them seem to look older than their actual age.

So, George is 18, Josh is 20, I'm guessing JJ is meant to be 24?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.. District 3 definitely has the worst fans I've ever seen, even if just a few people threaten with violence, that's a few too many.

I'm not a fan of George's voice, sorry. I think it's better suited for guitar playing acoustic stuff. My favorite voice by far is Josh, who has the second best voice in the band :)

Nearly all artists have those crazy fans though, not just District 3. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree as I've met some lovely District 3 fans.

Josh has a great voice and it is more powerful than George's I agree. I just like the tone of George's voice. I really enjoyed his spin on 'Toxic'. I think they all contribute something unique to the group though, and they said their single will "show off each of their different voices" so that's exciting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymi's 22? It's many of their ages I'm getting mixed up and some of them seem to look older than their actual age.

So, George is 18, Josh is 20, I'm guessing JJ is meant to be 24?

George is 19, JJ is 24, Jaymi is 22 and Josh is 20. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    George is 19, JJ is 24, Jaymi is 22 and Josh is 20. :)

Without the voice, George could pass for 15, Jaymi a little older with that beard and that voice :D

With the other two, I would expect both to be at least 2 years younger :D

It'll be interesting to see what kind of boyband they will become in the future. I don't want them to become some simple pop-rock-dance band like 1D and BTR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without the voice, George could pass for 15, Jaymi a little older with that beard and that voice :D

With the other two, I would expect both to be at least 2 years younger :D

It'll be interesting to see what kind of boyband they will become in the future. I don't want them to become some simple pop-rock-dance band like 1D and BTR.

I was a bit surprised at their ages as well. I thought they were all teens at first. George especially. :D He looks younger than 19.

I think they'll probably go for a pop sound as that sells well (especially for boybands) but I have confidence they'll differentiate themselves from other boybands out there. I do hope they have some acoustic type stuff though and utilise George and his guitar. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't either :D

Glad I'm not alone in that then lol.

And yeah, I'd say all of them apart from Jaymi look younger than their age. JJ being 24 (25 this year:eek:) is still weird to think about both in terms of how he looks and how old he acts. It's also really weird to think that they're not all that dissimilar in age to The Risk from last year (apart from one being almost 30 and none of them being teenage, but still), and just the complete difference in reaction to them. I don;t think it's just ages/looking young though that's got them the kind of attention that they have got. They have literally more than double the followers of District3 and Nuvibe didn't catch on either, so I definitely think they have something out of the ordinary going for them.
This discussion has been closed.