Is Sam's deafness really that bad?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, not funny, not friendly. :(:(:(

Neither was being called and idiot, I just retaliated.
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    JayUK69 wrote: »
    Yet, as someone already pointed out, he heard Dexter perfectly well even having his back towards him.

He has played on his deafness all series as a way of keeping low as he supposedly couldn't understand anything, only to try and get involved at the last minute to try and win.

And as someone else pointed out, Sam already thinks Dexter talks a lot of poop, so it was safe for him to assume...no change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    And as someone else pointed out, Sam already thinks Dexter talks a lot of poop, so it was safe for him to assume...no change.

So we can add psychic to lazy, vulgar, unfunny, nasty and bitchy then.
  • Options
    Laters BabyLaters Baby Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Personally I think he plays on it and hears a lot more than he lets on.

Are you joking because that is a pretty pathetic thing to say just because you don't like him.

he has 70% hearing loss. he wears 2 hearing aids (i pressume that's what they are) so that will possibly allow him to hear slightly better than the 70% loss. i highly doubt he popped in HearingAidsRus so he could use it has an advantage to win big brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you joking because that is a pretty pathetic thing to say just because you don't like him.

he has 70% hearing loss. he wears 2 hearing aids (i pressume that's what they are) so that will possibly allow him to hear slightly better than the 70% loss. i highly doubt he popped in HearingAidsRus so he could use it has an advantage to win big brother.

Read my other posts before you go off on one. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fisch wrote: »
    I totally agree and find this thread appalling is that what this forum has come down to questioning somebodies level of disability?:mad:

IMO What is even worse is if someone exaggerates it. I know what I watched last night and it did not look good for him as I have posted.
  • Options
    Laters BabyLaters Baby Posts: 488
    Forum Member

i've read your other posts and you are talking out of your arse. i have no reply to them and wouldn't waste my time with someone who picks at how deaf a deaf housemate really is. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you basing your diagnosis with the backing of a degree in medicine or is it purely a totally ignorant uneducated guess? Even a Consultant Otolaryngologist wouldn't be able to come to the conclusion that you have come to purely by watching a tv show. It's like saying someone doesn't have cancer because they they were seen eating a cream doughnut on tv.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Yet, as someone already pointed out, he heard Dexter perfectly well even having his back towards him.

He has played on his deafness all series as a way of keeping low as he supposedly couldn't understand anything, only to try and get involved at the last minute to try and win.

He wears hearing aids - it is difficult to decipher what people are saying if there is a lot of background noise or more than one person speaking at the same time.

Dexter spoke on his own - with the hearing aids Sam heard it quite clearly.

You are being totally ignorant IMO to say that he is 'playing' on his deafness. How crass. It is quite clear that his hearing difficulties are severe as his speech is impaired.

Very low to say 'he's playing on it'. On the contrary I would say - he has looked like he's coped very well - I suspect that it has been very difficult and quite mentally draining for him a lot of the time. It must be exhausting to have to give almost 100% concentration simply to be a part of what's going on. No wonder he has gone to bed early on occasions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've read your other posts and you are talking out of your arse. i have no reply to them and wouldn't waste my time with someone who picks at how deaf a deaf housemate really is. :rolleyes:

Yet you still replied lol
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh trust me, it's been going on and on and on for weeks, in endless threads like this that don't ask any new questions or make any new points and sadly populated by people without any thought or sensibilities to others.
    *sighs* (and believe me, I don't do that lightly)
    Yes, I'm remembering now why I stopped posting over here ......
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    So we can add psychic to lazy, vulgar, unfunny, nasty and bitchy then.

You can add what you like, your vocabulary seems quite large when it comes to trouncing a HM :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a friendly word ...
    Can I quietly suggest that you calm down a bit and don't charge around like a bull in a china shop having a go at people.

Express yourself in a calmer manner, and don't insult people (even if they insult you) and you'll get along a lot better. Otherwise, I suspect you'll be disappearing pretty soon.
    Others aren't as tolerant.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member

As in Dexter who is one housemate; who was speaking clearly with no noise interference in the room? Gee, if only there was some kind of logical explanation as to why that would be easier for Sam to hear than a conversation involving multiple voices....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a friendly word ...
    Can I quietly suggest that you calm down a bit and don't charge around like a bull in a china shop having a go at people.

Express yourself in a calmer manner, and don't insult people (even if they insult you) and you'll get along a lot better. Otherwise, I suspect you'll be disappearing pretty soon.
    Others aren't as tolerant.

I only retaliated, I am entitled to an opinion as is everyone else. I don't call other users whatever for their opinions, no matter how much I disagree.

I forgot how bad these forums actually are. Rejoined after a few years away and nothing has changed. Everyone is far too sensitive and bitchy. Think I'll just give up on the place again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a disgusting thread for so many reasons. I'm sure the empathic and sensitive amongst us will understand why.

Sam to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    If you go under water and try to hear everyone speaking it's probably like that for him, it is for me, i'm not as bad at hearing as Sam but I can understand how bad it can be, when your in a big group is harder to hear everyone, but when your in a room with no one and I think the bedroom has more furniture in that would make it better to hear, but in the DR is has a loop system for him that you can use in banks and the cinema, and Sam was facing Dexter running towards the toilet so he could see what he was talking about and just got a bit where he said what he said. I don't know why OP would question how bad Sam's hearing is when you clearly see his speech isn't great, if they've been with people who are as Deaf as Sam they would know.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You should be thankful that you aren't deaf. No way is he playing on having a disability. You obviously have no idea what it is like to be deaf and your lack of empathy is just awful.