BT Home Hub 5

Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm interested in signing up to BT Infinity 1 as there is a good offer with the £100 Sainsbury's voucher at the moment.

However, on the website it says that it all the packages come with the Home Hub 4. I've read reports that the HH5 has now basically been launched and that people have started to receive them.

I'm just not sure what to do. I don't want to sign up only to receive an old box (which I need 2 boxes for), when the new model is imminent.

Does anyone know if they are starting to send these out to new customers?

Comments

• The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You will get a HH5 but if you got a HH4 you would be happy enough, i am delighted with my HH4, its rock solid and the wireless performance is extremely good, especially over 5GHz where is all but maxes out my 75Mbit connection with my PC being in the next room.

Only real benefit of the 5 is it's one box.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Although the HH5 in theory will be easier with the 1 box, I wouldn't worry if you get the HH4 and the modem. It's definety a LOT better than the HH3 was
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I signed up to Infinity last week and my home hub is HH5.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I signed up to Infinity last week and my home hub is HH5.

is it good having an all in one box for VDSL (fibre)?
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will most certainly receive a HH5 if you order now. The Kellys/quinn muppet than comes along (hopefully you don't have any wiring issues) will still fit the openreach modem but you can chuck it or keep it to use with the HH3/4 etc as backup.