Options

Louis - Scotland & Devon comments

daljuldaljul Posts: 179
Forum Member
Why does it matter where his acts are from. Does anyone voting take that into account. You vote because you like the performance/performer.

If you listened to Louis you would not pick up the phone if you were not from either place.

He is the only judge to mention this each week, getting a bit tiresome now.

Comments

• Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Exactly. It's like he's assuming that just because you're from Scotland, you're automatically going to love Nicholas! What if you don't?
    But I do think that a huge number of the public will willingly vote for anyone coming from their neck of the woods, whether or not they like them or not.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Well if I were to vote solely on people who come from the same place id have Rebecca Ferguson, Eton Rd (who I did vote for more than once, still love their performance I Don't Feel Like Dancing) and of course, Maloney who I would never vote for.

It's always been something he has said it's quite annoying
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    He's always done it. The man is a moron.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's his fault that people go on about regional voting because he perpetuates that myth.
    There probably is a certain amount of voting for the local act for some people and there are always local campaigns when someone from the area is in a rtv show.
    But, lets be honest, an act only has to say the words 'I'm from Dublin' for Louis to put them through so that's how his mind works
  • Options
    katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing you can be sure of is that Louis will either mention his acts hometown or age. Pretty boring now.