For me, Christmas just came and went

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
It's funny but the Christmas that's just been, came and went for me.

I hardly felt anything. Not like a did when I was kid. Or in recent years for that matter.

In fact, it didn't feel like Christmas at all.:o

Maybe I am an old Scrooge ;) but when you don't drink (booze) like me, it's hard to get into the Christmas spirit (no pun intended).

As far as I can see, there are three categories of people who enjoy Christmas:

1) Religious people for obvious reasons (I'm an Atheist).

2) Children - again for obvious reasons.

3) And drunks, or people who like a good booze up at Christmas.

Since I am neither a child, a man of God, or a boozer, then the festive season doesn't mean much - if anything to me. Not anymore at least.

Up until this year I sort of went along with the seasonal cheeriness, but this year I just couldn't be bothered.:cool:

Even New Year doesn't mean much. I went to bed at 10pm last night. :D

Sober. :D I reiterate. :p

YES! It's January 2nd, 2014, tomorrow. Back to normality. :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't have cared less about Christmas this year. I wish I did though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Same for me.

I did most days what I always do, the only exception being Christmas Day itself where I didn't have to cook. :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't mind it this year after all the fuss. Just wish I had used the days either side of it a little more usefully.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Time goes so quickly.
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was pretty dreadful for me,but we went away to a cheap Travelodge on Boxing day for four nights and surprisingly really enjoyed ourselves.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing I hate about Xmas day is that there is much pressure on you to be enjoying yourself and you wonder if everyone else is enjoying themselves much more than you.

They are also thinking the same about you.

I do feel the rainy windy weather hasn't made it feel very xmassy as others have said
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas just came and went

Oh, you know her too??? :D
  • simmersimmer Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt like this this year. I always get the odd year when i just can't get into the Christmas spirit and 2013 was one of them. I'm sure next year will be better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno bout ny1 else but I had some bad shit go down 2012, so my Cristmas defences was up this year. That's why it came and went for me. I may approach it from another angle next yr.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm neither of the 3 things you mentioned but I still enjoy Christmas :)
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    When you are young, Christmas is exciting because you think it's magic and you get presents.

When you are a teenager, Christmas is exciting because you cheekily get drunk and cop off with girls

When you're in your 20's, Christmas is special because you get to visit family and watch your nieces/ nephews/ kids, opening their presents

I hope when I get older, Christmas is still special because I'm around family, friends etc... and it still has that atmosphere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, not just because of presents or food, but because my family kept me company.

That probably won't change for me.
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas is only exciting when you're at school. The build up is brilliant, time seems to go so slow and when school breaks up it seems to take an eternity for Christmas to arrive.

Once you leave school it speeds up. When you hit your thirties it just seems to come and go. There's no build up, just total chaos in advance of the day and then before you know it, it's all gone.

And once you have kids of your own it just costs a fortune and you remember it for the next few months as you're still paying for it a few months later!
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny but the Christmas that's just been, came and went for me.

I hardly felt anything. Not like a did when I was kid. Or in recent years for that matter.

In fact, it didn't feel like Christmas at all.:o

Maybe I am an old Scrooge ;) but when you don't drink (booze) like me, it's hard to get into the Christmas spirit (no pun intended).

As far as I can see, there are three categories of people who enjoy Christmas:

1) Religious people for obvious reasons (I'm an Atheist).

2) Children - again for obvious reasons.

3) And drunks, or people who like a good booze up at Christmas.

Since I am neither a child, a man of God, or a boozer, then the festive season doesn't mean much - if anything to me. Not anymore at least.

Up until this year I sort of went along with the seasonal cheeriness, but this year I just couldn't be bothered.:cool:

Even New Year doesn't mean much. I went to bed at 10pm last night. :D

Sober. :D I reiterate. :p

YES! It's January 2nd, 2014, tomorrow. Back to normality. :D

None of those apply to me but I stil enjoy Christmas and all the pretty lights :) thorough not the two month build-up which retail forces on us.

You missed off those who like eating, which does apply to me.
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I always enjoy Christmas and my teenage daughter always puts up the decorations (she's fussy)but this year she said it didn't feel like Christmas and I told her it was because she's getting old (she's 18). When I thought about it though, it didn't feel like Christmas for me either. Not because we are all getting older as the last few years have always felt the same and she's our youngest. It just seems it was the year. For us.
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Yes, apart from the food, nothing really changed here. Oh, the recycle bin collection was a day later than normal, but that's it.