The GD Refugee Thread : for all the reprobates

Comments

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I originally watched Spartacus because i used to love Xena Warrior Princess and i heard that Lucy Lawless would appear unattired. I was not disappointed.
    You and pretty much every male viewer :D
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You and pretty much every male viewer :D

Actually, i didn't watch Spartacus because of all the beautiful female nudity. I watched it for it's educational historical content.

I also watch true blood for its portrayal of the struggle for equality, not for the faerie sex.

Game of Thrones for its political intrigue, not for the excess's of random boobage.

Dexter for DEXter, not the SEXter.

And many other shows that i haven't listed that contains nudity. I watch them for other reasons, definitely not the nudity. That's what i tell my wife.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Lol I saw that, I don't do no clique stuff, I go it alone and deal in tasty treats. :D

Ahh if you haven't been accused of being in a clique then you don't go on DS enough :cool:

I think I've been accused of being three now...
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! I'm so happy to be passing the mantle over to Anne, I hate having my name attached to big threads.:blush:

Why no Part Two though Andy? Maybe it's a good thing as some people don't like to post in long standing threads.... so we may get more newbies.

Going the caravan soon so will love ya's and leave ya's.

Bex, will try and post birthday wishes from my phone on Saturday, Bunions have a fab holiday xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Bex (again) hope work placement goes swimmingly.

Fiz, glad to see you came back to the thread.

Fab that Mike was here :D and on that note......

I'm just popping out, I may be some time :D
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Ahh if you haven't been accused of being in a clique then you don't go on DS enough :cool:

I think I've been accused of being three now...

Haha, I think it's code for "you don't agree with me and end up in arguments with me so it must be a coordinated thing". Can't be that people don't agree with them.

FTR Mike, if you read. I've reported like 5 posts since 2007, 3 of them were spam, one was taking the mick and the other couldn't be done with a straight face. I fail at clique stuff.

Joni M wrote: »
    Yay! I'm so happy to be passing the mantle over to Anne, I hate having my name attached to big threads.:blush:

Why no Part Two though Andy? Maybe it's a good thing as some people don't like to post in long standing threads.... so we may get more newbies.

Bex, will try and post birthday wishes from my phone on Saturday, Bunions have a fab holiday xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Of course I came back, this thread allows me to post random stuff a lot and that's always a good thing. It's nice in here, well until it got all confrontational yesterday anyway.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You created a monster Joni.

I am watching Penny Dreadful (which contains nudity, but i'm not watching it for the nudity) to see how Frankenstein deals with his creations. Not too well at the moment i'm afraid.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, ain't it just.

*goon voice*
    Can't we all just get along?

What does "sweh" even mean? Or does it? I'm betting it means something.

ETA: OK, that took all of 5 seconds... Really sweh? Every hour? 😱

In other news, if a freaky white knight type tries to bait you, don't take it, you'll just fall into their white knight trap. I feel all dirty now.

It does not mean smoking weed every hour! I thought I had made up the perfect nonsensical unisex name that wouldn't give my gender away when I wind people up. But now, all it means is that I'm a pot head. :cry:

And what the heck are you talking about? Has someone white knighted you?! How very special.
    Sweh, I keep thinking of your name as pronounced 'sway', is that right? Glad you're still posting cause it's getting a bit empty in here...:( Hopefully it'll get back to normal soon.

To be honest, I have no idea. Sway is cool. I'd have said swear with a lisp, personally. I like yours better.

Good morning/day/afternoon/evening whatever the time is to you all.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh who got white knighted?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    It does not mean smoking weed every hour! I thought I had made up the perfect nonsensical unisex name that wouldn't give my gender away when I wind people up. But now, all it means is that I'm a pot head. :cry:

Oh, haha. Bugger. :D
    And what the heck are you talking about? Has someone white knighted you?! How very special.

Bex_123 wrote: »
    Ooh who got white knighted?

Someone got upset at me for "waffling on" and then picked a fight with me. I was being funny.
  • mike joycemike joyce Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fab that Mike was here :Dand on that note......

Thanks, but I don't think I will be posting here much. It all seems a bit childish as well as cliquey.

Haha, I think it's code for "you don't agree with me and end up in arguments with me so it must be a coordinated thing". Can't be that people don't agree with them.

FTR Mike, if you read. I've reported like 5 posts since 2007, 3 of them were spam, one was taking the mick and the other couldn't be done with a straight face. I fail at clique stuff.

What has reporting people got to do with being in a clique? You live in a world of your own at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike joyce wrote: »
    Thanks, but I don't think I will be posting here much. It all seems a bit childish as well as cliquey.

Awww thats a shame :( Not enough confrontation for you?

What has reporting people got to do with being in a clique? You live in a world of your own at times.

Isn't that what the clique is supposed to be about? A kinda "in crowd" who mass report ports they dont like in order to get people banned or something?

I do wish people would make up their minds on this stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah don't delude yourself, you'll love it here - give it time.

Cliques are so last year, everyone is an individual with their own thoughts.

I'd never dare suggest that you're part of a "Nice Guy" clique.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Clique are so last year, everyone is an individual with their own thoughts.

Hurray for independent thinking! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww thats a shame :( Not enough confrontation for you?

Isn't that what the clique is supposed to be about? A kinda "in crowd" who mass report ports they dont like in order to get people banned or something?

I do wish people would make up their minds on this stuff.

Well, some sad individual with too much time on their hands has reported me and got me banned. But the clique is a different beast altogether, like a pack of wolves watching each other's backs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cliques are so last year, everyone is an individual with their own thoughts.

I'd never dare suggest that you're part of a "Nice Guy" clique.

Even though I am a nice guy I would never be in a nice guy clique.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well there you go. Just because someone was an asshole to you doesn't mean everyone else is in an asshole clique.
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You had dinner AND a meal? Greedy! :p

I wanted to try out his other talents. :D He's fantastic at adding milk to instant custard powder.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Here's my offering :p

Clarissa's chocolate mousse cake recipe

http://imgur.com/MYN3s2C
    Noone thanked me for my mousse recipe scan :(....
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Noone thanked me for my mousse recipe scan :(....

It looks lovely. Thanks very much. :)
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rednell wrote: »
    It looks lovely. Thanks very much. :)
    Thanks :p, I thought maybe Vic could use the crystallised violets in some of her cakes if she hasn't already, they look really pretty :), oh the mousse is unbelievably tasty BTW :blush:.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right here for five seconds to say this thread is moving so bloody fast! :o

I have my cobweb-like lingerie on tonight and my high heels are bloody killers.

The chocolate sauce (and cake icing for all you bakers) is ready ladies, and my cave is always open. ;-) :D:D:D

See everyone later! :kitty:
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right here for five seconds to say this thread is moving so bloody fast! :o

I have my cobweb-like lingerie on tonight and my high heels are bloody killers.

The chocolate sauce (and cake icing for all you bakers) is ready ladies, and my cave is always open. ;-) :D:D:D

See everyone later! :kitty:

Seeya in a bit, Keyser! :D
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My body aches from yesterday's gym, so I will have to put the cake experiment on hold :(

I am treating myself to a Prison Break fest and some roast chicken instead.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

I think cliquey is going a bit far. We just know each other, as quite a few of us have been here on DS for a while. As for being childish, well that is the general idea I thought. It is the Chatter forum after all.

If I want to talk 'serious' there are plenty of other forums on DS for that.

It could have been worse. Insert random acronym here.
    Picto wrote: »
    I've just been reading about the man who ordered a penis enlargement machine online and received a magnifying glass. Shafted.

Now, that is funny. Parallel thinking, as you call it.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in a scottish accent

oh look here, a wee new thready
This discussion has been closed.