Stevie Nicks Appreciation Thread

BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
Forum Member
I know we have the Fleetwood Mac thread but I thought she deserved her own! :)
I love this woman so much, she's such a legend and so talented.
As it stands Bella Donna is my favourite album, Stop Draggin' My Heart, Edge of Seventeen, Leather and Lace and After the Glitter Fades get special mentions. In Your Dreams is also brilliant, Secret Love is probably my favourite off that. Another song I really like is Rooms on Fire

Comments

• human zoohuman zoo Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I have to admit, I prefer Stevie Nicks' solo material to her Fleetwood Mac songs (though I'd rather Fleetwood Mac overall).:)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    human zoo wrote: »
    I have to admit, I prefer Stevie Nicks' solo material to her Fleetwood Mac songs (though I'd rather Fleetwood Mac overall).:)

Hmm I'd say they're on par with eachother, Stevie does a great job on her own but there's something about when she's with Lindsey :cool:
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite singers. I personally don't think she's ever topped the tracks she wrote on Tusk, though she's come close. My favourite album is Rock a Little closely followed by Bella Donna. Some of her lesser-known songs like Julia, Battle of the Dragon and Mirror, Mirror are amazing.
    Forum Member
    Sara and Angel are two of my favourites from Tusk
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Sara and Angel are two of my favourites from Tusk

Sara is my favourite FM song. I've never understood why Angel hasn't been performed live more often. Fingers crossed they bring it back on their next tour.
    Forum Member
    Sara is my favourite FM song. I've never understood why Angel hasn't been performed live more often. Fingers crossed they bring it back on their next tour.

Yeah they should! But then again, that's if Stevie wants to do it, though I don't see why not

Reached my Spotify limit on Rooms on Fire :(
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd bump this thread

Listened to The Wild Heart recently, a very good album. The best songs for me are Nightbird and If Anyone Falls, her partnership with Sandy Stewart produced some excellent songs and this is later backed up by Seven Wonders. Did they work together after that?
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of Stevie Nicks solo. I guess because most of Fleetwood Mac's biggest hits were a little bit before my time. The first two albums I ever bought by any artist were Wild Heart and Rock A Little. One of my favourite solo songs by her is Some Become Strangers from Rock A Little.
    Forum Member
    The last few days have really been Stevie days for me, been listening to the four 80s albums

Don't know if anybody else has noticed but I Can't Wait is on GTA 5 and has been used in the advert!
    Forum Member
    Stevie's new album 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault is released around September I think, it will feature songs written between 1969 and 1987 along with a few 90s songs too. I am really excited for this!!!