Options

5 Thoughts - Launch Show

CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
Forum Member
1) Did not see those pairings coming for Ola, Kristina, Aliona and Natalie - very surprising!
2) Jenny/Tristan, Alison/Alijaz and Frankie/Kevin are going to work well together and have fun - great pairings.
3) Pasha gets another young one who is basically another Kimberley - he should have got Judy.
4) I bet Judy is gutted to be with Anton considering she was setting her sights on Artem type calibre.
5) I'm a fan of Claudia but she needs to reign it in slightly when not in the pit - such a slicker show already.

Comments

• Options
    tonycollins100tonycollins100 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show improved towards the end, it was a bit clunky at first. I love the pairing of Tess and Claudia, they are a good match. When we got to the last four women celebs, the partners were predictable, but they are no worse for that. I am looking forward to the very much slicker shows with the girls in charge.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Judy/Anton really annoyed me as a pairing. Love them both, but should have been with other people- Anton someone younger for a change, and Judy someone a tad shorter.
    2) The ever-lovable Kevin should hopefully bring out Frankie's more fun side! Maybe she won't end up as bland as some people expect!
    3) Trent = Australian Ian Waite.
    4) Aliona has absolutely no grace whatsoever. You can't have Matt/Harry every year sweetheart! She ended up good friends with Tony last year, could she not just play act and see if the same happened with Gregg?
    5) Can we keep Tim? I don't care if it's in the competition, as a new host or even as a judge, but he's just so classy and I'm really warming to him!

Sneaky 6

Alison Hammond out first please. Not only is she not a celebrity, she's already playing the Lisa Riley card, which got old after about 3 weeks of Lisa Riley.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the show! :D

It was a real feel-good show from start to finish. Good to see Brucie at the beginning, but I really like Claudia and Tess.
  • Options
    Joseph_WheatleyJoseph_Wheatley Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    1) Best Launch show I've seen the graphics, the editing, the budget, the performance all fantastic.
    2) Tess and Claudia are great together really enjoying them, thank GOD for Claudia Winkleman!!
    3) Shocked at some couples such as Gregg and Aliona and Thom and Iveta and Mark & Karen.
    4) Judy Murray will be first out or definetly the first lady out.
    5) Alison Hammond has GOT SOME MOVES ON HER!
  • Options
    Joseph_WheatleyJoseph_Wheatley Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    6) I BLOODY love Tim Wonnacott
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    1. I hope Tess and Claudia alternate roles, Claudia works better than Tess in both roles but as she can't do both at the same time, alternating each week seems like a good compromise.
    2. Tristan and Jennifer could be really great together, one of those couples that will do well based more on personality than dancing.
    3. Poor Natalie, but Tim seems like a nice guy and she always gets the best out of her partner so they could surprise.
    4. Trent and Pixie are going to annoy the crap out of me (and probably make the final.)
    5. Judy and Anton was sadly inevitable, hopefully she can convince him to take it seriously this year and they aren't voted first out.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) I love Frankie and Kevin - they're so cute :D
    2) Tess and Claudia did a great job, I didn't even notice any difference.
    3) I hope Tim doesn't go first, for Natalie's sake.
    4) Scott Mills could improve over time, and may even turn out like Chris Hollins?
    5) Thought the group dance number was a little too fast - some of the celebs were struggling to keep up
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. My perception of how I would like or dislike the celebrities hasn't changed.
    2. Tess and Claudia work fine, but Claudia is by far the better presenter of the two when she isn't over doing the batty banter.
    3. I think some of the favoured celebs, (by looks and youth.) might be disappointing.
    4. Despite me not going wow over the celebs, its still preferable to the X - Factor.
    5. I think there are a couple of favourites to be voted off first.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    1) Alison can dance, really bubbly personality and one with dance moves, I hope she stays for a good while
    2) Tim seems like he's got no dance moves in him, but will make up for it in personality, Natalie suits his personality
    3) I love Joanne! So funny, her and Scott are going to be great together
    4) Steve is going to be very forgettable, although I fully expect him to dance to the lion sleeps tonight at some point.
    5) Pixie will be a lot of fun, although she's faded into the background
    Sneaky 6) Claudia was great in the lead, leave Tess upstairs please
  • Options
    LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    1. Jake Wood's the dark horse!
    2. Claudia Winkleman's absolutely perfect
    3. SImon is going to win
    4. Steve is Chris Hollins V 2.0 - and that's no bad thing
    5. Thom has some ability, but I worry that Iveta's choreography will let him down.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamballe wrote: »
    5. Thom has some ability, but I worry that Iveta's choreography will let him down.

In fairness, we've only really seen Iveta with Mark Benton, and he takes a different kind of choreography to someone like Thom!
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    1. Claudia and Tess were great. I thought it was a really well put together show, with Bruce given his moment at the beginning and that was right, but once it was C and T, I thought the whole pace of the show flowed and worked really well. I just love Claud.
    2. Brilliant to see all the pros dancing again. They're all amazing. Always takes me a while to get fond of the new ones but I'm sure I will.
    3. I'm always wrong, and there are loads of strong contenders this year, but if I was going to bet on anyone right now it would be Thom and Iveta. Or thinking about it more likely Mark as the only one I don't like.
    4. I was watching it with my Mum and whenever she said 'I hope [X celeb] doesn't get [Y pro]' they were immediately paired with that pro, every time - it was very funny.
    5. I don't think Steve is going to be that great a dancer, and I'm not sure if he's a loud enough personality for the show, but I really like him.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Loved Emelda May & Smokey Robinson - That is how guest artists should be.
    2) Anton & Judy - Yawn
    3) Tess & Claudia ^_^
    4) Baby warz has begun (Sunetra & Frankie)
    5) Trent & Pixie - as someone else so sharply put it - Midwich Cuckooos
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) wow, cracking Launch Show!!
    2) I love Claudia, I don't miss Bruce
    3) some surprising pairings
    4) the band and singers are on fire - love them!
    5) seriously, Allison is annoying me already (sorry)
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I agree about Aliona - looking unenthusiastically at Gregg !
    2. Jennifer and Tristan are going to be a happy Irish partnership - nice lady.
    3. Feel so sorry for Alijaz - Alison Hammond already loud and annoying.
    4. Trent's not very appealing !
    5. Claudia and Tess did a great job
  • Options
    ian001ian001 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Good of the producers to allow Bruce to say farewell.
    2. Loved the opening dance as always.
    3. The prerecorded shows always look a bit disjointed as its so evidently recorded out of sequence, but some great camera work and editing, particularly the use of the overhead camera in the opening dance.
    4. I thought Scott Mills was dressed to look a bit older than he actually is in terms of age/attitude.
    5. Keeping an eye on Mark Wright - he does come across well.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Aliona - ungracious
    2) Female celebs looked better than male, but Judy and Jennifer will need to loosen up
    3) I think Alison and Tim may be just too much for me
    4) Thought Judy looked genuinely pleased to be with Anton. Similarly Scott with Joanne.
    5) Kevin - I do like you but please tone it down!
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    The show improved towards the end, it was a bit clunky at first. I love the pairing of Tess and Claudia, they are a good match. When we got to the last four women celebs, the partners were predictable, but they are no worse for that. I am looking forward to the very much slicker shows with the girls in charge.

Decen t first show, although the Brucie tribute was a bit over long. Could have done a straight handover without the 'extras'.
    TOO EARLY TO SAY which couples will do well. Example last year: Abbey Clancey was disliked by the public for the first 2/3 weeks yet went on to win.
    Obvs the usual imbalance of those who CAN dance and those who can't. I look forward to the usual debate and the cries of UNFAIR, UNFAIR...;-)
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    1 Claudia an absolute class act and Tess has upped her game too. Very happy with the new hosts
    2 Anton and Caroline looked great in the group dance - he should have got a break and got her this year and given Pasha the duffer for once.
    3 Happy for Kristina - Simon Webbe looked good in the group dance too (as did Thom to be fair)
    4 Greg was less objectionable on first acquaintance than I had been led to expect; by contrast, initial impressions of Joanne Clifton's squealing were unfavourable.
    5 Cold hard Lithuanian woman has hit the jackpot!
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Love love love love Claudia

2. Pleasantly surprised at some of the pairings.

3. Hope Natalie doesn't leave early - such a great choreographer but she will
    have fun with Tim

4. Frankie seems very bland - but this is why I watch ITT - helps to get to know
    everyone a lot better

5. Can't see past Simon as a winner at this point.

Cheeky 6. No James Jordan - yippee.
  • Options
    sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. The analysis of facial reactions of every celebrity and pro are already being analysed to the enth degree :rolleyes:. No surprise there then;-).
    2. Only one of the pairings seems a natural fit to me but lets see how things pan out in reality. Far too early to judge yet.
    3. Gut feeling is Judy may turn out to be a pretty good dancer but not very popular with the public.
    4. Claudia as host............... only about 5 years late ;-)
    5. I predict the unpredictable in this series
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. TPTB seem desperate for Kevin to win.
    2. Really like Steve.
    3. Gregg isn't coming across well.
    4. Bit underwhelmed by the launch show.
    5. I missed the last 20 minutes due to rubbish internet connection and don't feel like I've missed much.
  • Options
    jwren12002jwren12002 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    1. Bloomin heck Aliona was a right cow wasn't she? Could she not have pretended to be happy with the pairing like some of the others?? Can't stand her.
    2. It was a pity Bruce had to make an appearance but I'm glad he isn't going to feature in the rest of the shows.
    3. I like the line-up. My kids are delighted to have Steve in it - I hope he's good and stays in for a while.
    4. I wish the competition was starting next week instead of 27th, I hate having to wait a few weeks.
    5. I really liked Caroline Flacks outfit.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Actually really liked the Bruce section at the beginning - it was time for him to go, but I did enjoy being able to say bye to him. Also don't mind that he's going to do the specials.
    2) Aliona really needs to try and be a little more professional. You can't always get someone that you'll like.
    3) Really like most of the pairings, some of them are a bit odd, but I don't mind that.
    4) Expected to dislike Mark Wright, but he actually seems nice.
    5) Thom is really, really good looking, isn't he?
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    I was there and Aliona had a face like a smacked behind!! all rest no matter how poor possibly partner were showing happiness! she had a ffs look!! and deserves to be #fired cant believe they hired her back again!!