• Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richie: It's pronounced "THWAIT" :D
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote:
    I found out the following piece of infomation from a Bottom fanpage/fansite, not sure if there is any truth to this, but:

The last episode of series 2 was not shown until two-and-a-half years after its planned transmission date. It was originally cancelled because of a real-life attack/murder on Wimbledon Common, London

Thats true, Rachel Nickel I think her name was, she was killed in front of her young son and I don't think they have ever caught who did it.

It's a really good episode as well
  • BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weigh-Man wrote:
    Thats true, Rachel Nickel I think her name was, she was killed in front of her young son and I don't think they have ever caught who did it.

It's a really good episode as well

It's one of my favourite episodes!

Eddie: Hey, i wonder how much meat you get on a womble? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I was only 12 when Bottom first started and it has been my fave programme of all time since (I'm 28 now :eek: )

My favourites are the one with the cattle prod and the halloween exploding carrots 'Woooooooooo' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bizza wrote:
    It's one of my favourite episodes!

Eddie: Hey, i wonder how much meat you get on a womble? :D

Their faces when they zip the streakers penis in the tent is priceless.. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, the exploding carrots :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Heheh! I remember that scene so clearly. I think the best thing about it (for me, at any rate) was the way that it started off funny, with the repeated slamming, then got funnier as the slamming carried on longer than it probably should've done. Then, just as you started to think "Right, that's long enough, move on..." Eddie looks up to the camera, does a double take and then gives a sort of "Tsk! Here we are again..." smile, all the while carrying on with the slamming.

As you can see, it works really well written down... Had to be there, I think.

I agree. They did the same thing with the frying pan. Do it just a bit too long, pause, look at the camera, then start again. My wife just looks at me and sighs as I roll on the floor gasping for air. Then again she thinks X-Factor is genuinely funny ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Watched some on DVD last night, S'out the shopkeeper episode :D

Richie: British shopkeeping. Best in the world.
    British journalism. Best in the world.

Eddie: Did you know that (forgotten who it was) parents were both homosexual martians?

Richie: Youd never see any Italian or French newspaper dig up a story like that!

Eddie: You can now get AIDS from bicycles!

Richie: Yeah I know shocking isnt it? British journalism, best in the world!

Classic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this show! Love watching the repeats on UKTV Gold. My favourite is "Gas" where they think they've killed the gas man :D

Richie: Eddie! You've killed him! :eek:
    Eddie: I never touched him! :o
    Richie: Yeah, but the frying pan did and you where touching that at the time!
    Eddie: B**locks mate, you killed him, he was dead before he hit the ground!
    Richie: Oh god, oh god, what are we going to do?
    Eddie: About 25 years, I think!

and

Eddie: I know, why don't we stick him on a bus?
    Richie: Yeah! No, no good, the conductor would notice when he didn't pay his fare.
    Eddie: No, I mean on a bus. :o
    Richie (staring at Eddie): Because the conductor would notice when he didn't pay his fare!
    Eddie: I mean on the roof!
    Richie(really annoyed): Aaarrgghhh - you don't get conductors on the roof! :mad:

I went to see all the Bottom Live shows - the first two where the best
    yep! that 2nd ones my fave!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many great episodes and so many great moments. My favourite whole episode is Gas but there are little scenes which will always make me laugh -

* The chess game with the tomato ketchup and Spider-man

* Richie slamming Eddie's head in the fridge

* Hitting the Gas Man with the frying pan

* Richie with the fake posh bird when he goes to her room and is unable to speak..."thweeq weqw eqwrd dasf we4f...sorry, I've forgotten how to speak!"

* The trick or treating cattle prod stuff

* Almost all fo the ferris wheel one - brilliant, brilliant script from start to finish

I hope they don't make another - we'll just have to watch the DVDs over and over. I'm in the Bottom Live 2 one at the end as it pans the crowd!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    * The trick or treating cattle prod stuff

That scene included one of my favourite lines ever...

Spudgun: "What, so you say 'Trick or Treat' and then he fouls himself?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Bottom it's brilliant although i haven't seen it for some time :( but i always seem to remember the christmas episode where richie asked that guy whether he wanted 2 potatoes or 1 and the guy said 2 and then he said no you're having 1, etc then richie slammed it down onto his plate and it broke the plate in half and then he said i'll stick with one thanks lol :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Bottom it's brilliant although i haven't seen it for some time :( but i always seem to remember the christmas episode where richie asked that guy whether he wanted 2 potatoes or 1 and the guy said 2 and then he said no you're having 1, etc then richie slammed it down onto his plate and it broke the plate in half and then he said i'll stick with one thanks lol :)

Yeah, this episode was great :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The third series was definitely the weakest but still good.
    I find it very rare that something rik and ade do is bad.
    Such a shame the bbc didnt commish series 4.
    Richie and Eddie for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Such a brilliant comedy and most comedies nowadays just dont touch it.

Im 19 myself, and first starting watching it when i was about 8. My dad and all his family up north love it, hence why i and my brother got into it.

Watched all of them, got all the DVDs of the series, live shows, fluff and guest house para too. Ive even got the Dangerous Brothers also which is superb also. The babysitter episode is quality and also on a particular episode about flying zebras....where ade crawls across the room with a model zebra next to him..."winny winnny ... imm a zebra!!!" LOL

Favourite Bottom episode for me is Gas. Its such an interesting script from start to finish. Especially when they invite the gas man in and Richie keeps him talking. Meanwhile Ade goes and tries to make a cup of tea....

Ade: Right ill go put the kettle on then....

Gas Man: Errrr.....if you dont have any gas...how do you heat the water...

Eddie: Errrr ...... we dont.

Gas: But you just said youd put the kettle on???

Eddie: Yes i know....ill put the ketttlee.......onn.....on the floor!

PMSL!

Also when Eddie sits in rockweilers kitchen eating the food while rich is perving at his mrs.

I love the honeymoon episode with Rich and "edwina" when they get told they have to share a twin room..

RICHIE....WELL WHAT IF I WANT TO HAVE A WANG........ERRR ERRR ERRR......WANGLE!!! ITS A MEDIEVAL FOLK DANCE!

Absolute priceless!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol medieval folk dance :D:D great episode
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veay wrote:
    Watched some on DVD last night, S'out the shopkeeper episode :D

Richie: British shopkeeping. Best in the world.
    British journalism. Best in the world.

Eddie: Did you know that (forgotten who it was) parents were both homosexual martians?

Richie: Youd never see any Italian or French newspaper dig up a story like that!

Eddie: You can now get AIDS from bicycles!

Richie: Yeah I know shocking isnt it? British journalism, best in the world!

Classic!

It was Neil Kinnock's parents !

Are you 18 ?, No I'm 54.

So this is you is it ? 55p ? Mr 55p !

Pickled onion sandwich, my favourite.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That scene included one of my favourite lines ever...

Spudgun: "What, so you say 'Trick or Treat' and then he fouls himself?"

Trick or ruddy treat !

One of the 3 children dressed as devils grew up to be Gus in Eastenders, Mohammed George. The guy who played his brother Juley was in The Young Ones as the ship's cabin boy to the Cyclops sea captain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bottom was great, it wouldn't hurt BBC One to show the odd repeat episode of it, in my opinion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it, cant beleive I didnt find this thread sooner! Got all eps, live, dangerous brothers, filthy rich and catflap on one media or another!

"Duur Richie, I am in the pube, with the holiday monkey. Run Run Run"
    "Aaah, poor sad git... Oh Shit, he means the Holiday Money, Shit, Shit!"
    *Runs through bookcase and Wall*

"How dare you accuse me of drinkannning. Me, you oldest pal and matey, old skip, old pal from the briney. Why I'll tear you limb from limb"
    "But you have though, Havent you?"
    "Yeah"
  • MadSmithsMadSmiths Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote:
    Trick or ruddy treat !

One of the 3 children dressed as devils grew up to be Gus in Eastenders, Mohammed George. The guy who played his brother Juley was in The Young Ones as the ship's cabin boy to the Cyclops sea captain.

No,I think it was the guy who played Paul Trueman. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought of another fav, from Burgulary.

"Maybe their looking for drugs?"
    "'Aghh.. We havent got any drugs"
    "Erm, why dont we chuck a lemsip down the stairs"
    "Eddie, these are hardent criminals, I dont think a hot lemony drink is going to satisfy their drug fueled cravings, do you?"
    "What about Bisodol?"

And then further into the scene..
    "God, its always the same with you isnt it? I get one chance to look a little bit sexy, a little like clint eastwood and.. By the way I dont want to be called Eddie anymore, I want to be called... Dirty Eddie! So out of the way punk whilst I shoot off the lock"

My fav Dangerous Brothers sketch is the babysitters one.

Specially when Richie flicks his **** onto the ashtray and the coffee taple shatters!
    "Quick, get some sellotape!
    "Sellotape right, where is it?"
    "Try the kitchen"
    "But we are not allowed in the kitchen"
    "No, No, its allright, I'll keep a lookout, but youve got to be very very quiet, allright!
    "OK, OK."

loud smashing sound, eddie peers round the door looking scared
    "What was that?"
    "I just farted!"

And when Eddie is pondering the coffee table again later:

"There's just one thing that bothers me"
    "Whats that?"
    "What if someone was to say 'Oooh Roger, I wonder what it would look like if we placed this expensive vase of lowers over here, on the Coffee Table?"

*Eddie hurls the vase of flowers through the sellotape*
    "You see, they might just notice it"
  • pdbpdbpdbpdb Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Night Night, sleep tight. Hope the bed bugs do not bite. If they do, do a poo. Stick it in an irish stew. Into the ambulance dring dring dring. Fish trousers elephant in Peking. Saw a busy bee tiddle tiddle dee. Daddys an accountant just like me. Night Night god bless."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You wonder why they do it really dont you? What with something that small. I mean mine's not that small and mine's tiin...well, tinyish."

Oh you know me, just a teensy weensy little one.
    KABOOOM

This, is a world ranger stormbuster 4., We could go anywhere in this!
    Yeah, and we probably will once the breeze picks up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Comedy Gold!!!!

I could talk about Rich & Eddies Antics all day long! Superb!!!!!!!

Love the bit on the babysitters episode when the guy says "but we booked someone called Jennifer??" To which ade replies...." WE ARE.....JENNIFER!!!"