Options

Does anyone else find Sonya in Neighbours annoying?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Is it time for a new FFS....Get Rid of thread then? :D Previous ones have a great result record.

No way. Eve Morey is one of the best actresses in the show. It's the writing that's the problem. She's no Bridget or Mason by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »
    Why does she dress that way?

She pinched Susan's wardrobe when she was suffering from one of her many addictions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is by far the most annoying soap character.

Eve Morey seems very nice but she overacts.

Toadie has to be tempted to have an affair so Sonya has to keep pushing him away which means she's going to be more annoying than ever. I hate the way the scriptwriters are portraying Naomi in this story line. Why couldn't Toadie be the one after her?
    No matter how devious they make Naomi, I will never side with Sonya. She is so childish and I really wish Toadie would find someone better. He is a shadow of his former self.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot stand her better than the rest attitude and she's been going down hill since she was pregnant... ugh.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    She pinched Susan's wardrobe when she was suffering from one of her many addictions.

Susan doesn't dress like a clapped-out hippy!
  • Options
    AnthonyLAnthonyL Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    I do. This might sound strange, but I found her really irritating back when Toadie was going to talk to a business client and she wanted to attend so she could ask the guy about his environmental practices. Naomi schemed so Sonya didn't go, but I kept wondering why Toadie was letting his wife attend his business meetings. And why Sonya thought her horning in was appropriate business practice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonyL wrote: »
    I do. This might sound strange, but I found her really irritating back when Toadie was going to talk to a business client and she wanted to attend so she could ask the guy about his environmental practices. Naomi schemed so Sonya didn't go, but I kept wondering why Toadie was letting his wife attend his business meetings. And why Sonya thought her horning in was appropriate business practice.

Because Sonya thinks she is the world's most important person bar none!
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what's her problem with callum going to usa I mean he's going to live with jade

if you start an new FFS....Get Rid of thread can I sign?? I hate sonya
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stupid, intefering busy body is practically pushing Toadie into the arms of another woman. Constantly sticking her nose in others peoples business even when it's not wanted, always in the guise of "helping others", it's like she thrives off other peoples misfortune. She's always putting her need to "help" before her family, such a stupid selfish woman. I'd love it if one of the people she's always trying to "help" tuned around and told her to mind her own ****ing business, but that's never going to happen is it because we're always made to feel sorry for Sonya when people are nasty to her >:(

Sonya and Naomi are contrasting personalities which is very interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    No way. Eve Morey is one of the best actresses in the show. It's the writing that's the problem. She's no Bridget or Mason by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be fair she's no way as irratating as Shiela, wish they'd get rid of her, the most annoying in soap for me along with Bianca in Home and Away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    It's amazing how writing can change a character. Sonya came to RS with her addiction problems, but used to be warm, caring and reasonably non-judgmental. I used to love her character, and she and Imogen were great in the bulimia storyline. But more recently, both of them have become a pair of shrieking shrews, bulldozing everyone else's feelings out of the way.

And some of Sonya's wardrobe is appalling.

Agreed. I seem to remember Sonya being a more easygoing and understanding person when Toadie and Steph were pretending to be together. There was also no overacting back then. Where did that likable girl go? These days she's just an annoyingly childish interfering busybody who somehow manages to make everything about her. I really hate watching her and Toadie together as well. Sonya would be less annoying if she wasn't shoehorned into so many scenes and story lines though. Her involvement just ruins it for me. I am so glad she wasn't forced into the reveal of Lauren's secret. I keep expecting her to stick her nose in but so far, so good.

The writing for Imogen has been disappointing too. She was one of my favourite characters when her parents were acting like she didn't exist. She was endearing back then but now she's ranting at people for no reason, following Brennan around like a lost puppy and basically acting like she knows it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Agreed. I seem to remember Sonya being a more easygoing and understanding person when Toadie and Steph were pretending to be together. There was also no overacting back then. Where did that likable girl go? These days she's just an annoyingly childish interfering busybody who somehow manages to make everything about her. I really hate watching her and Toadie together as well. Sonya would be less annoying if she wasn't shoehorned into so many scenes and story lines though. Her involvement just ruins it for me. I am so glad she wasn't forced into the reveal of Lauren's secret. I keep expecting her to stick her nose in but so far, so good.

The writing for Imogen has been disappointing too. She was one of my favourite characters when her parents were acting like she didn't exist. She was endearing back then but now she's ranting at people for no reason, following Brennan around like a lost puppy and basically acting like she knows it all.

Neighbours obviously needs to have a long hard look at its scriptwriters. They foisted Ditch, Ringworm and Mason on us, had a lot to do with everyone getting fed up with Kate, are in the process of ruining Imogen and have turned Sonya from the likeable girl she used to be into someone who affects many viewers like a nail on a blackboard.

It doesn't help that Eve Moray overacts, and dresses like a refugee from Woodstock.
  • Options
    xeres456xeres456 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Sonya is not trained counselor. She's an ex-addict not a professional. Why would the street turn to her when Carl is a doctor, Susan is a Principal and Toadie is a lawyer. Next time I have a problem I am going to the local garden center and ask for some help from a recovering addict. This is beyond belief.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeres456 wrote: »
    Sonya is not trained counselor. She's an ex-addict not a professional. Why would the street turn to her when Carl is a doctor, Susan is a Principal and Toadie is a lawyer. Next time I have a problem I am going to the local garden center and ask for some help from a recovering addict. This is beyond belief.

Agreed. I had only just said on here that I was enjoying the Lauren and Paige story line because the scriptwriters hadn't shoehorned Sonya into it. It was about the only story line that hadn't been ruined by her involvement but now that the scriptwriters have decided
    Bailey will open up to Sonya about his problems {rolls eyes}
    I wonder how long it will be before she discovers the truth about Paige too and starts interfering? Of course if the dreadful Sonya is going to be involved, she will manage to make it all about her, which will involve her explaining how difficult if was for her to give up her beloved Callum.

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think she is slowly being turned into the new Mrs Mangel or Dorothy Burke? Like the street always has to have that one neighbour who needs to be involved in every aspect of others lives
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think she is slowly being turned into the new Mrs Mangel or Dorothy Burke? Like the street always has to have that one neighbour who needs to be involved in every aspect of others lives

The thing about those two is they were mean with hearts of gold. Sonya is just self-absorbed and only she is right, everyone else is not allowed an opinion if it differs to hers.

She winds me up daily.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Eve is a fantastic actress and for that reason alone Sonya doesn't deserve a FFS thread.

HOWEVER unless the writers are actually wanting us to root for Toadie and Naomi getting together, they really really need to try to make Sonya more likeable and less irritating. Toadie had become such a bore since they got together and Sonya is beyond irritating.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Apologies for bumping an old thread but I am getting increasingly bored of Sonya these days and she's one of my least favourite characters. Watching recent episodes, I still don't feel any sympathy for her as I think we're supposed to be on her side now Dee is back.

Eve Morey who plays her is one of the show's strongest actresses but I don't think I can warm to Sonya in the near future. She does have good traits as she usually owns up to her flaws when pointed and can be kind-hearted but she can be a bit manipulative and annoying. The surrogacy storyline isn't doing her any favours and I don't like her association with Mark - he's another one who gets on my nerves .