Options

I'm a bit of a lurker on here, but have an idea!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
Forum Member
Hi there,

I absolutely love this soap forum and reading all your posts and would to know more of what you think.

I have an idea, it's no doubt one that others have had - so feel free to put me straight! I would like to set up a blog just about soaps - opinions, thoughts, spoilers and just general chatter. It would be purely for fun, sadly no payment! But I think it would be nice to chat with other fans, and give people the opportunity to write a full piece. Obviously it wouldn't be as heavily used as this forum, and therefore in no way a rival!

Would any people on here be interested in contributing or helping to administrate?

It's not a problem if not. Like I said, I know I won't be the first to think of this but would like your thoughts and opinions. Feel free to reply to this thread, or DM me!

Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello amberry. It's not for me, I am trying to cut down my internet time as it is, but best of luck with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for replying. That's fine and can totally understand what you mean! I should do the same really, but I'm not as sensible! ;-)
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi there!
    Please do not lurk, we don't bite, post anytime you want! :)

I love this forum, I'm glad I joined, but I wouldn't want to leave it nor do I want any of the regular posters to leave! Their my buddies! :D

It may sound sad, but this place is like a virtual community, its a lot of fun once you get to know everyone!

If you want long discussions, please feel free to start a thread, I'l be more than happy to chat with you! :)
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Ambery,

Nice to see a lurker get involved :) Just remember two things and we should get along just fine.

a) I'm pretty important around here, most folk do well to remember that. Don't let em tell you any different ;-)
    b) Be careful around that OldnJaded, she can get a bit too fighty when she's had a few too many.

I'd be a terrible contributor for your blog but would enjoy reading it if it comes to fruition :)
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DS! :)
    J-B wrote: »
    Hi Ambery,

Nice to see a lurker get involved :) Just remember two things and we should get along just fine.

a) I'm pretty important around here, most folk do well to remember that. Don't let em tell you any different ;-)
    b) Be careful around that OldnJaded, she can get a bit too fighty when she's had a few too many.

I'd be a terrible contributor for your blog but would enjoy reading it if it comes to fruition :)
    BIB: I cannot agree with this point more. A right scary sort, that one.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Ambery and welcome. This forum (and this thread in particular >:() certainly needs some new blood and a bit of class. :)

I don't know why everybody is pickin' on me, but I blame that Uncle Quentin chappie who has gone out of his way to turn everyone against me. :(

I'm far too bone idle to blog, but I'll happily ramble away on most threads. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww, thanks firstly for the lovely welcome , and all the tips! They are very much appreciated! I'm really not wanting to tread on anyone's toes so thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye on that OldnJaded! ;-)

If anyone is interested in the blog, it really is purely for fun and all opinions would be welcome... I'm not posting here for a bit of self-publicity, more that I find what you all write really funny and if you fancied writing a bit of an article - you guys would be the people I'd like to have first chance to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi again!

I know the idea hasn't had many takers, and no worries about that, but here is the address if you fancy having a go at writing bits, look-a-likes, or you find funny or relevant in soaps at the moment! I'd like to have a bit for classic soap storylines or scenes too, so if that floats your boat feel free to get in touch!

http://beermatsandpeanuts.blogspot.co.uk/

At the moment, the blog basically just exists! But bits will be added very soon hopefully...we're just trying to get used to the site, and choose the bits we done so far that will hopefully fit! We were hoping to have people outside of us doing some bits and pieces, but in the meantime, it's just going to be moi, and a handful of like-minded soap 'appreciators'!

I'll stop bugging you all now! And as Percy Sugden would've said, 'I'll bid you good day'! ;-)
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not my thing either but good luck with it, I use to run blogs in the past a lot of time and effort but was proper rewarding when you get going.
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to help if needed, I do write my own blog(s) but this has been on hiatus for a while as I was on holiday for 3 weeks and have had to focus on my studies since I got back