The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Laura loves that song!

Everytime i hear it i think of John. I dont get upset watching John and Josie clips its sad some have deleted some.

Too me it was a summer romance and really nice to watch. I never expected them to stay together.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellemay wrote: »
    Everytime i hear it i think of John. I dont get upset watching John and Josie clips its sad some have deleted some.

Too me it was a summer romance and really nice to watch. I never expected them to stay together.

No I don't either, they make me smile at the summer (and beyond for a while) it gave me and how much fun it was watching it all unfold :)

I agree, I don't think I really did either; in the back of your head statistically you're aware that the odds alone were against them.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member

You were right. I love watching the John clips but am very sad that his stay in the UK was so unhappy for him. I keep hoping he will come and live over here for a while - despite everything.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

About to settle down to watch Saturday Kitchen before doing some gardening - we have sunny weather and soil is damp so I can plant out my penstemons and do a bit of weeding. Hobbling is getting much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's raining - again - here.

Good morning :D
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Too me it was a summer romance and really nice to watch. I never expected them to stay together.[/QUOTE]

To me the relationship was sometimes uncomfortable to watch.John appearing vulnerable sometimes and I did not like Josie putting him down.He hoplessly fell in love with her.I must admit I only watched John throughout the show. I was impressed by his preference to a 'girl next door' type but I didnt have any strong emotional connection with Josie being that girl.As long as John was happy I was happy to support him so when the cracks started to show I did not think twice about where my loyalties lie.I am like that with BB and unfortunately I pick hms(boys) who get into relationships.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Oh georgy
    You do make me laugh :D

But the again
    I can never understand
    How the Sky signal makes it
    From the satellite
    To the TV :p:o:p

im the same.....

I have to take things like this on trust...cos I have no real idea of how the science behind it works....

to me it is a form of magic.....:D

inasmuch as I dont understand how magic tricks work....I dont really have a clue how a lot of electronic equipment works...

I have a major meltdown if someone turns the sky box off...and plugs a game consul in...and then expects me to know how to reverse the process...:D:eek:

afternoon everyone....
    Forum Member
    Thanks Ali :)
    I have certainly had reinforced just how important home is, and how distressing is the thought of losing it ;) I feel as if I'm alive again now - I was never one for drama, of course!! :rolleyes::o:p:D

I agree with you there...home and security are pretty important to me as well

and I will put quite a bit of effort into keeping them feeling right !!!

Lol me neither

Well perhaps the power of the written word worked for you, expressing your feelings on here leaked over to your real life maybe? Kay will tell you how repressed I am about expressing my feelings in reality, but on here I can do it so easily.

I remember being upset about something, mentioning it online and Kay trying to call me, I wouldn't pick it up at all, there was no way I was vocalising my feelings on the phone or face-to-face, but I spilled it all online in DM no problem! Emotional constipation I call it, on my part :D Boy I'm spilling my guts a bit today, lots of thoughts going around my head all day about things since this morning... going to shut up now lol

yes I can relate to that as well....:D

I find it a lot easier to be succinct and precise on here or in emails......there is something about meeting and talking to people face to face that phases me....

I think I missed out on part of the process of communication...I hate upsetting people...:eek:

.and as im usually pretty good at picking up on signals from everyone else....I usually take my lead from them....and go along with what everyone else wants....

and then end up having a meltdown...if it really isnt what I actually want to do....:(

when I would be a lot better off, if at times I said something, and then stuck to it...like this silly holiday in france....I did say I didnt want to go...but I wasnt direct or honest enough about it.......and I didnt stick to my gut feelings and just stay at home. but I have learnt....next time Im not going....!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    I agree with you there...home and security are pretty important to me as well

and I will put quite a bit of effort into keeping them feeling right !!!

yes I can relate to that as well....:D

I find it a lot easier to be succinct and precise on here or in emails......there is something about meeting and talking to people face to face that phases me....

I think I missed out on part of the process of communication...I hate upsetting people...:eek:

.and as im usually pretty good at picking up on signals from everyone else....I usually take my lead from them....and go along with what everyone else wants....

and then end up having a meltdown...if it really isnt what I actually want to do....:(

when I would be a lot better off, if at times I said something, and then stuck to it...like this silly holiday in france....I did say I didnt want to go...but I wasnt direct or honest enough about it.......and I didnt stick to my gut feelings and just stay at home. but I have learnt....next time Im not going....!!!

Good for you, you go girl *said in a street stylee :D*
    Forum Member
    Morning JJat. :)

Thank god its friday. :D

I would love John to answer a few questions not personal ones. Ones like does he regret doing BB? or would he do it again.?

See you all later.x

that would be an interesting question to ask.......

if one of the mags could get hold of him...just in time for the publicity for this years BB, maybe he could answer a few of these kinds of questions.....:confused:

I too would love to read this....

i thought it was a lovely summer romance as well..:D.

I was a bit sad initially , cos I did think that they could have stood a good chance of making a life together, cos I reckon they both had qualities that complimented the other. for instance aspects of Josie's brutal realism, would have been a useful contrast to Johns gentle idealism.....

im a total idealist at times...and still need my OH to remind me ...that life is hard...and I cant expect things to be fair....
    Without his good sense, I would have a much harder life at times....:eek:

but I d think that far too much water has gone under the bridge for JJJ to stand a chance of any kind of reconciliation.

they both come from very different worlds, and continents...and have no common ground, like a workplace or shared career, or mutual friends...to link them together....

and I cant see any of Johns friends or family encouraging them to reunite either.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't either, they make me smile at the summer (and beyond for a while) it gave me and how much fun it was watching it all unfold :)

I agree i always smile when i see them together in BB after all that is what made BB11 so good and so addictive.
    I just look back and appreciate the summer they gave us now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and I cant see any of Johns friends or family encouraging them to reunite either.....
    Same goes for Josie's friends and family.

They both had their faults and it made good tv. Would we still be talking about them if they didnt have faults i doubt it.

They did look really good together though didnt they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that would be an interesting question to ask.......

if one of the mags could get hold of him...just in time for the publicity for this years BB, maybe he could answer a few of these kinds of questions.....:confused:

I too would love to read this....

i thought it was a lovely summer romance as well..:D.

I was a bit sad initially , cos I did think that they could have stood a good chance of making a life together, cos I reckon they both had qualities that complimented the other. for instance aspects of Josie's brutal realism, would have been a useful contrast to Johns gentle idealism.....

im a total idealist at times...and still need my OH to remind me ...that life is hard...and I cant expect things to be fair....
    Without his good sense, I would have a much harder life at times....:eek:

but I d think that far too much water has gone under the bridge for JJJ to stand a chance of any kind of reconciliation.

they both come from very different worlds, and continents...and have no common ground, like a workplace or shared career, or mutual friends...to link them together....

That is the unfortunate bit about BB relationships.Grace and Mikey BB7 were the most boring couple ever imo.There was nothing interesting about them on the show.They have been the most successful.From meeting Aaron and Faye twice now,it will be very unfortunate if they dont go the distance.John James and Josie,Jeremy and Emilia though interesting to watch on screen had no common ground whatsoever.What was interesting for me is that I got intrested in watching,my daughter on both occassions said from the onset that none will work.
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Hello...This John MIA ways rubs off on me:p

Great posts re John & Jose,unfortunately i don't have anything to say about their time anymore,but still like reading other's views:)

Wakey wakey John:p

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FUv_8CyTTjw/THfVK0WDcwI/AAAAAAAAARM/v6yvQQ7gQTc/s1600/nonmnhnobhrioiduce5s.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bblover wrote: »

Great posts re John & Jose,unfortunately i don't have anything to say about their time anymore,but still like reading other's views:)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FUv_8CyTTjw/THfVK0WDcwI/AAAAAAAAARM/v6yvQQ7gQTc/s1600/nonmnhnobhrioiduce5s.jpg

Funny pic lol.BIB I wish I was like you lol.I seem to have this thing about defending John and you could have seen his face when I told him.:o
    Forum Member

lovely pic....

how is everything. with you?
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Funny pic lol.BIB I wish I was like you lol.I seem to have this thing about defending John and you could have seen his face when I told him.:o

It was the morning of the Titan,when he played that song for John haha:D

What was his facial expression like?:D

And don't be:oIf you were like me,there will be no posts to read:oSo keep it up;):)
    lovely pic....

how is everything. with you?

Ok ish...this weather is making me grumpy though:rolleyes:
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Evening all :)

Just watching the footie - Barcelona v Real Madrid. Features Messi and Ronaldo, two of the greatest players of our day, and both in the same match! :D See BBC article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17786045

John loves footie - wonder if he's watching? I've got plenty of milk and crisps if he should fancy popping round :D
    Forum Member
    Evening all :)

Just watching the footie - Barcelona v Real Madrid. Features Messi and Ronaldo, two of the greatest players of our day, and both in the same match! :D See BBC article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17786045

John loves footie - wonder if he's watching? I've got plenty of milk and crisps if he should fancy popping round :D

Watching that as well,as The Voice lol:D

I'm sure John is watching:DWonder who he's for?:cool:
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    :D
    Watching that as well,as The Voice lol:D

I'm sure John is watching:DWonder who he's for?:cool:

Wasn't the best Classico I've ever seen, but Real desereved the win, I thought. Some fantastic defending and counter attack from them, whereas Barcelona looked tired.

Champions League semi-final second leg next week :D:D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all, lovely sunny day today. :)

Hoping to prune a bit more off the Eucalyptus tree today as it's growing at quite a pace. There might even be a Koala lurking up there for all I know. (Tenuous link there);):D

Still all quiet it seems from where the Eucalyptus trees grow. Not even a little ;) or :) Come on John you know you want to.
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent post from muggins next door, that I think sums up John and Josie's time together. Don't want to respond or add my thoughts there as I don't post on that thread.

Totally agree with the first part as well. Can open....worms everywhere. Been there, done that. Don't think we need to rake over it again.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    unfortunately I pick hms(boys) who get into relationships.

I liked Spencer who got into a relationship with Kate but hes the only one in a relationship i liked. Looking back i didnt like Alex at the time but i think he should have won. He certainly was his self in there going by his twitter.
    Brian and Jon Tickle was my other two housemates i liked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Spencer who got into a relationship with Kate but hes the only one in a relationship i liked. Looking back i didnt like Alex at the time but i think he should have won. He certainly was his self in there going by his twitter.
    Brian and Jon Tickle was my other two housemates i liked.

I think I'm the only person who liked Marcus :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm the only person who liked Marcus :D

I liked Marcus too i always like the weird ones.
This discussion has been closed.