Apple hacked - iOS Beta 4 might not appear today

124»

Comments

• calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure what screenshots you've seen. The bubbles are slightly bigger, but the keyboard is the same size its always been:

screenshot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Not sure what screenshots you've seen. The bubbles are slightly bigger, but the keyboard is the same size its always been:

screenshot

Maybe the keyboard seems to take up a larger proportion of the screen than I'm used to because I was looking at 4S screenshots and I'm used to a 5.

Based on that side-by-side comparison though, my overall point is still valid. Nowhere near as much fits on the screen, and it isn't like messages aren't a readable size in the current iteration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit more than four lines though. And if you swipe down in the top part of the screen you lose the keyboard.

screenshot

0/10 for observation skills for me though, as I can't remember if you could do that in iOS6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    A bit more than four lines though. And if you swipe down in the top part of the screen you lose the keyboard.

screenshot

0/10 for observation skills for me though, as I can't remember if you could do that in iOS6.

Yeah, you can do that with iOS 6.

Even without the keyboard, you'll be able to see less of the conversation. I can't understand why they'd do that. It seems quite annoying to me.

When I saw only four lines of text, it was a 4S screenshot with three messages bubbles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah - it is odd I guess. I just hadn't really noticed. Overall I still prefer the cleaner look. The Contact link top right is quite handy - tapping it reveals single line below with the contact name and icons to call, FaceTime or view their contact details within messages.

For me the biggest 'design over function' gaff of iOS7 is limiting each folder page to nine apps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^
    How do you delete and forward messages in iOS 7, considering that the Contact button has replaced Edit?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You tap and hold a message, which brings up options to copy / more...

Tap copy to copy, tapping More... brings up a checkbox to the left of each message - the one you selected is checked by default. And delete and share icons appear the bottom of the screen.

There's a little video here
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    That in itself could annoy me, things that scroll distract the eye. I think the dots make the OS look even more silly. "How many dots do you have, I have 3"

You know when toy makers mock up phones for kids to play with but they've always badly mocked up the interface using all the wrong colours and a cheaper look? That's IOS7.

It doesn't scroll continuously, just a couple of times and then it shortens to "Vodafon..."

And each to their own.