Options

Kate's resignation- bizzarest Apprentice moment?

13»

Comments

• Options
    lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I think Sir Alan called her bluff - he put into the final to see her reaction - he could still of told her that she's fired if he didn't like what he saw

I thought that too.
  • Options
    planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    especially if you're already earning a huge amount - why would you relocate your entire family for an extra 10k a year???

I don't believe that her current job was paying her £90K per annum!
  • Options
    CABINETCABINET Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing was a complete set-up (although I cannot imagine the motivation for it).

Firstly - AMS tells her she's through before they are down to the final three.

Secondly - she stays in the room rather than leaving.

Thirdly AMS feels the need to ask her why she's looking so down - as if he would bother! If he hadn't, of course, the scenario couldn't have been played out.

They are taking us for idiots:mad: .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CABINET wrote: »
    The whole thing was a complete set-up (although I cannot imagine the motivation for it).

Thirdly AMS feels the need to ask her why she's looking so down - as if he would bother! If he hadn't, of course, the scenario couldn't have been played out.

She claims she's a Global Brand Consultant but doesn't/doesn't want to work in London :eek:

Is she Global Brand Consulting to the world from her bedroom back in Exeter.... :confused:

All jobs in Exeter are at statutory minimum wage rates definitely not £90Kpa :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    CABINET wrote: »

They've done that every series, told someone they are through whilst there are still a few other people in the room fighting for the second place. The winners then stay put at the table. It wasn't any different to the last two year's formats.
  • Options
    CABINETCABINET Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dictamus wrote: »
    They've done that every series, told someone they are through whilst there are still a few other people in the room fighting for the second place. The winners then stay put at the table. It wasn't any different to the last two year's formats.

Fair enough I didn't realise that but I am still sure it was a set up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Much of it is contrived and staged to a certain extent, and I think that's been particularly apparent in this series. I've been particularly unconvinced since the start of the series. It's like Prime Ministers Questions: - pure theatre.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    bevheth wrote: »
    On Breakfast TV this morning she said if she had had a month to organise everything she could have sorted out relocation but she had to do it in a week and it just couldn't be done.
    What a load of bull. She had been away from home for several weeks anyway with presumably child care arrangements organised so why was it suddenly discourteous to her parents to ask them to continue the arrangements for another three weeks?
    Pah, pah and thrice pah!

There's no way that
    a) it couldn't be organised in a week
    and
    b) she wouldn't have thought about it if she realistically wanted the job.

Check out page 9
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/publications/barometer/barometer6.pdf

So, she's been working full time, spending about 3 nights a week in London, and studying for a Masters with the OU - seems like her childcare must be pretty well sorted out to me :rolleyes: That's without all the weeks away filming The Apprentice.
  • Options
    deepfroatdeepfroat Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a theory doing the rounds among some friends of mine in the outer reaches of the BBC...

Suppose Katie went ahead with the final task and actually won the whole thing but then said she didn't want to work for SAS? They would have to reshoot the boardroom scenes to write her out in the penultimate episode, before restaging the final task with Simon and Christina as the remaining candidates.

Sounds a bit far fetched but considering how much else is faked on the progamme (e.g. you exit a boardroom in a west London studio and immediately step into a taxi outside Brentwood House) it wouldn't be completely unthinkable...

But this week's edition of Your Fired was one of the best half hours of TV I've ever seen - Tre being as good value as Katie in his exit interview.
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is she Global Brand Consulting to the world from her bedroom back in Exeter.... :confused:

Tre has an international conglomerate and he runs it from his back bedroom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tre has an international conglomerate and he runs it from his back bedroom.

....when he's not playing with his Lego ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deepfroat wrote: »
    Here's a theory doing the rounds among some friends of mine in the outer reaches of the BBC...

Suppose Katie went ahead with the final task and actually won the whole thing but then said she didn't want to work for SAS? They would have to reshoot the boardroom scenes to write her out in the penultimate episode, before restaging the final task with Simon and Christina as the remaining candidates.

Sounds a bit far fetched but considering how much else is faked on the progamme (e.g. you exit a boardroom in a west London studio and immediately step into a taxi outside Brentwood House) it wouldn't be completely unthinkable...

But this week's edition of Your Fired was one of the best half hours of TV I've ever seen - Tre being as good value as Katie in his exit interview.

SAS's three henchmen had just told him in the strongest possible terms not to touch her with a bargepole. He values their advice and recommendations highly so would not have put her through to the final. That little contrived scene ruined the programmed because of the fact that it was unlikely, unrealistic and ineptly staged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apprentice 2009

Surely to goodness Sir Alan will have far too much sense borne out of the Katie Hopkins experience of two years ago to even think of selecting a female as his Apprentice this time round.

The self important Hopkins turned out to be a devious waste of space not to mention time - I do hope Sir Alan will not make the same mistake again.

I do hope he will choose the much more dedicated Philip Taylor this time round. No way will he let down Sir Alan in the same way as that gobby female did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was a major spoiler for a second! Thought it was massive coincidence that two blonde women with similar names would both resign in their respective series.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Mercian wrote: »
    Apprentice 2009

Surely to goodness Sir Alan will have far too much sense borne out of the Katie Hopkins experience of two years ago to even think of selecting a female as his Apprentice this time round.
    The self important Hopkins turned out to be a devious waste of space not to mention time - I do hope Sir Alan will not make the same mistake again.

I do hope he will choose the much more dedicated Philip Taylor this time round. No way will he let down Sir Alan in the same way as that gobby female did.

So all female business people are like Katie then - well, thanks for that - and in other sweeping generalisations tonight we have all Scottish people are alcoholic all Irish people are a bit thick and well, when it comes to the Welsh and their love of lamb .....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    Mercian wrote: »
    Apprentice 2009

I think this is sarcasm, but I'm not sure. :confused:

I hope Philip doesn't win as he's the really obvious choice. He's basically Lee McQueen mark II (though slightly more competent and probably hasn't lied on his CV.)

It's definitely time for a female winner. At the moment Kate and Yasmina look like good prospects to me. Debra's a total cow, but she's the type that tends to do well on the show. I'd like to see a dark horse like Mona come through, but I can't see it happening.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all female business people are like Katie then - well, thanks for that - and in other sweeping generalisations tonight we have all Scottish people are alcoholic all Irish people are a bit thick and well, when it comes to the Welsh and their love of lamb .....:rolleyes:

Just what I was thinking. What a cheek pigeon-holing all businesswomen in the same way.

Anyway I say good for Katie. She used the show. So what? Nobody's innocent. Sir Alan's more interested in keeping personalities these days over talent. If he's not going to take the show seriously, why should the contestants? Let them play him too.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I think this is sarcasm, but I'm not sure. :confused:

I hope Philip doesn't win as he's the really obvious choice. He's basically Lee McQueen mark II (though slightly more competent and probably hasn't lied on his CV.)

It's definitely time for a female winner. At the moment Kate and Yasmina look like good prospects to me. Debra's a total cow, but she's the type that tends to do well on the show. I'd like to see a dark horse like Mona come through, but I can't see it happening.

I agree with you. I'm not keen on Debra at all, but think she makes 'great TV' as a villain type.

I was quite harsh with Yasmina in the task last week due to it being a catering task and no way would I eat at her restaurant if it was 'all' down to budget. (In fact, I might still never choose to eat there). :eek: However, I like her feisteness. I also like Kate and Mona....in fact, I don't really dislike any of the girls, apart from Debra, (but we are probably being conditioned to think that way... I suspect).;)

I think the females have done well so far to win their tasks and probably need to keep doing so as favouritism always seems to be in the guys favour pretty early on in these shows.....hence the growing support for Philip. Though, at this point, I'm pretty neutral about him too. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on Phillip winning either because then that'll be the third year in a row that the "fit guy" has won and it'll just basically be like another Big Brother because then that'll be the type of people the show will be appealing to with its winners.

If a girl is gonna win this year then I hope it's either Yasmina or Kate. I don't really have an opinion on Paula or Kimberley. I don't think Lorraine or Mona are going to have a lot of impact on the show and whilst I like Debra as a character I don't think behaviour like hers should be seen as being rewarded, plus she'd be a nightmare to work with for whoever is in the department the winner will get hoisted into!
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on Phillip winning either because then that'll be the third year in a row that the "fit guy" has won and it'll just basically be like another Big Brother because then that'll be the type of people the show will be appealing to with its winners.

If a girl is gonna win this year then I hope it's either Yasmina or Kate. I don't really have an opinion on Paula or Kimberley. I don't think Lorraine or Mona are going to have a lot of impact on the show and whilst I like Debra as a character I don't think behaviour like hers should be seen as being rewarded, plus she'd be a nightmare to work with for whoever is in the department the winner will get hoisted into!

Yes it would be a shame if a guy wins again just because he is a 'fit guy'.

That said, I don't think a 'fit bird' should win for the very same reasons. And both Kate and Mona are rapidly being slotted into those moulds.

That leaves Yasmina and Debra as stronger contenders so far on the girls side.

I'd like to see Kate and Mona step up their skills in leadership and Debra to show some humanity towards the human race. Yasmina could learn a bit more about the catering trade and also take her foot out of her mouth.

Now if we had all that going on in the next few weeks from the girls, then I can see stronger support for them....and it would make for a more tense competition from the viewer's POV. :)

As for the guys? Yawn :yawn:....we've seen it all before really and none of them really shine so far.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the second series running I don't think any of them deserve to win.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the idea of discriminating against people because they look fit. Lee won on merit, and Philip has talked sense since the beginning so should have the chance to win on merit too. Likewise the girls. Michelle won on merit, Katie got to the final on merit. Kate may look good but she's also talked a lot of sense through-out the series, and Debra and Yasmina are both very strong and both got fantastic results as project leaders. I don't have much time for Mona, but that's not because she's fit.
  • Options
    VividVivid Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree Brangdon.

Kate has talked sense throughout, except when she was in the impossible position of trying to sell sandwiches in the catering task that hadn't been specified in content, so her looks should not be held against her. She will be a strong contender.

Mona is a repellent character as well as being inept at business.