Options

Amy Pond- was she a Ganger?

bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,938
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When Amy 'Disappeared when the doctor use his Sonic Screwdriver she seem to have melted which gave me the impression that she was imposter a Ganger and the Real Amy is in a Hospital giving birth or have i got wrong:confused:

If so is still 'missing' since the first 2 episodes and someone replaced her with a fake Amy:confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    that the idea i got as the doctor said she hasn't been amy for a long time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    bingoman wrote: »
    When Amy 'Disappeared when the doctor use his Sonic Screwdriver she seem to have melted which gave me the impression that she was imposter a Ganger and the Real Amy is in a Hospital giving birth or have i got wrong:confused:

If so is still 'missing' since the first 2 episodes and someone replaced her with a fake Amy:confused:

Yes, you've understood it well by the looks of it
    :)
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever "amy" was she believed she was regular amy and had her knowledge memories and personality. This fits with any theory she was a ganger and has been for a while.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is probably why the pregancy on the TARDIS's computer is taking forever to say whether Amy is pregant or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that wasn't the real amy, then why didn't rory hear her thoughts on the device they used when she was stolen by the silents?
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that wasn't the real amy, then why didn't rory hear her thoughts on the device they used when she was stolen by the silents?

Oops, misread the question. :o
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member

Because the Silents didn't "steal" her with the device - it was removed and dumped on the floor in the orphanage

or...

Because the Silents "stole" the copy and we haven't seen the real Amy for oodles of time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they went with the Outcasts ending.

Didn;t someone get shot in the first 10 mins of Outcast's first episode ? ;)
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a ganger but her mind was in control of it. That's why Eye Patch kept turning up; she was experiencing events around her actual body as well. Very Life on Mars. Funny how this comes out in an episode by Matthew Graham :p
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    bingoman wrote: »

Yes completely spot on, hence why the Doctor said he took them to see the flesh in its early stages, so he could understand how it works.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So when was the real Amy substituted with a ganger? I was wondering if it happened sometime in the last series. Remember "the only water in the forest is the river" or something along those lines, that would take us back to the Angels episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    She was a ganger but her mind was in control of it. That's why Eye Patch kept turning up; she was experiencing events around her actual body as well. Very Life on Mars. Funny how this comes out in an episode by Matthew Graham :p

That's so true :) typical that a Matthew Graham episode has a weird element like that
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    So when was the real Amy substituted with a ganger? I was wondering if it happened sometime in the last series. Remember "the only water in the forest is the river" or something along those lines, that would take us back to the Angels episodes.
    When the Silence kidnapped her at the orphanage in Day of the Moon

Anyway, a sensational development!!! My jaw was on the floor.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »

It was certainly before The Impossible Astronaut, confirmed on DW Confidential.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the Silence kidnapped her at the orphanage in Day of the Moon

Anyway, a sensational development!!! My jaw was on the floor.

She was already seeing the nurse before then
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    craggers wrote: »

Oh, in that case I don't know, lol!
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »

Well, according to the Doctor she could also see the eyepatch lady because of a time echo, i.e. the events were actually carried from the real Amy's location to the other Amy's location (or else 'echo' is a really, really poor choice of word). So while she was experiencing events around her actual body, she was experiencing them because they were also happening around her doppleganger body rather than because her real senses were breaking through, Life on Mars style.

New Who tagline: Am I a madman, in a box, or back in time?
  • Options
    hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    It was certainly before The Impossible Astronaut, confirmed on DW Confidential.

Presumably after she was married though, no premarital shennanigans resulting in a pregnancy on a children's TV programme;)
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably after she was married though, no premarital shennanigans resulting in a pregnancy on a children's TV programme;)

Only if you assume Rory impregnated her. It could be artificial.
  • Options
    hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Only if you assume Rory impregnated her. It could be artificial.

True:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craggers wrote: »

Not quite true. I think she could have been taken when she sees them hanging from the ceiling, which is before the hatch lady appears
  • Options
    kitthekatkitthekat Posts: 338
    Forum Member

Can I just ask: what is everyone's fascination this point? Pre-marital sex is pretty commonplace these days, and wouldn't be a foreign idea for many of the channels' viewers, so why is it assumed that the BBC has to marry couples off before they have sex or have a child?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    There are still some things that don't add up about the Eleventh Hour, so its either Day Of The Moon or it's Eleventh Hour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Or perhaps on the basis of Idris' statement "the only water in the forest is the river" it happened during the events of 'Time of Angels' meaning that in 'Flesh and Stone' there was only River in the forest and no Pond. Just my 2 cents worth!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe house made it all an illusion, and the real amy is still in a hospital within the tardis?