Options

SGII driver problem ??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all, trying to connect my new SGII to Kies on my desktop and the driver installation fails each time. Tried troubleshooting the driver etc with no luck. Any tips ??

Comments

• Options
    m4tt24m4tt24 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only managed to get Kies to work once, that was after reinstalling it several times and then after it worked once it refuse to work again, since then I've given up on Kies and just use Odin for rom's etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Installed it several times today and now it's worked and recognised the driver and phone, fingers crossed it continues but given your experience maybe not!
  • Options
    m4tt24m4tt24 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you actually want to connect to kies for? Its really not needed for anything much, transfer of files etc you don't need to do anything except connect the phone to your comp and anything else is pretty easy without kies.
  • Options
    southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m4tt24 wrote: »
    What do you actually want to connect to kies for? Its really not needed for anything much, transfer of files etc you don't need to do anything except connect the phone to your comp and anything else is pretty easy without kies.

Update software?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    southlad wrote: »
    Update software?

You can do that from the phone itself so he does have a point, I like things to work though, if they offer me something, I must get it working regardless of actually using it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    You can do that from the phone itself so he does have a point, I like things to work though, if they offer me something, I must get it working regardless of actually using it :rolleyes:

I think he means updating the phone's firmware, which can only be done via USB. If Kies isn't installing the drivers properly then it's not even possible to do this via Odin as it requires the drivers to recognise the phone's connection too. I suggest the OP just keeps uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting, and trying to connect again until it works. Kies is rubbish, but for now it's the only way to do a firmware update unfortunately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your SGS2 is on 3 or Vodafone you can update FW OTA, Kies is very poor, I used Odin to update my FW.