Desire, getting warm during calls

delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
Forum Member
✭✭✭
made my first call, and the phone got a lot warmer!

heard some people's reset and stuff! :confused:

are overheating problems normal?

Comments

• pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do run reasonably warm, yes. I've not heard or read about any overheating, though.

I have mine in a silicone case so I rarely notice the heat anymore but I remember I used to be quite surprised by it.
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have read about overheating for car chargers etc!

But, yeah i was shocked about it tooo, as long as i dont feel it when i get my case, and it doesnt start resetting like some peoples!
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Car chargers might not be a Desire problem though - you need to use "intelligent" chargers with the Desire (and probably any device with a Li-Ion battery), that switch to a kind of trickle charge when the battery is full. If it's not "intelligent", it will presumably keep pumping out full charge which I imagine will cause overheating.

Like I said, mine gets hot but it's never rebooted through heat, and I've played games and used Google Navigation (both of which are processor-intensive) whilst it's been plugged in - you should be absolutely fine.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine would get warm under 3g use for browsing but since the 2.2 update it's been much much cooler.