In the closet gay celebs! Who are they?

Comments

• performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry Styles I would suggest. You might think it was crazy for them to do that staged story with him and the blonde models a few weeks ago, considering how much that could upset all the young girls that love him, but the main thing is that it carries on his straight image.

Who the other ones out of 1D could be is anyone's guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    So why do gays often describe themselves as "straight-acting" in dating ads? That implies that it's an act.

Not at all.

You can say "I acted in self defence" which doesn't mean I pretended in self defence.

A soldier or policeman saying "We must act immediately!" doesn't mean they're going to audition for a part on EastEnders.

Act = action or behaviour.

http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/act/

(v. t.) To move to action; to actuate; to animate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    *Clare* wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious that she was told to say she was bisexual to 'soften' her image when she first started releasing songs. She basically admitted on Alan Carr's show she was a lesbian last year.

What did she say on Alan Carr?
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry Styles I would suggest. You might think it was crazy for them to do that staged story with him and the blonde models a few weeks ago, considering how much that could upset all the young girls that love him, but the main thing is that it carries on his straight image.

Who the other ones out of 1D could be is anyone's guess.

Don't think Harry is gay.

Louis however...
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think H is the "only gay" in Steps - I've always got that vibe from Lee Latchford-Evans too...
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Don't think H is the "only gay" in Steps - I've always got that vibe from Lee Latchford-Evans too...

In a band like Steps, i doubt Lee would need to be closeted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lannurst wrote: »
    What did she say on Alan Carr?

That people shout disgusting things at her in the street about being gay. Her interview made it sound more to me like she was a lesbian and hid behind the bi label even more than I already thought.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've often wondered how someone can think somebody appears 'bi'

It's obvious what you mean if you say someone appears gay, but what exactly are the mannerisms of a bisexual?

Someone who is married but appears a bit campy. Mark S. is the epitome at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »

Lee is straight, he got engaged recently.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Lee's engaged to a woman then it's to cover up his true sexuality. Haven't you learned anything from this thread??

;):p
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think every gay man in the UK wishes Lee was gay but I do actually believe he is straight although there have been times where I have wondered!! Deeper Shade Of Blue video anyone :p

Surprised so many think Harry Styles is. I don't get that impression at all.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    As a gay guy I think some of the suggestions on here are very wide of the mark! No way the likes of Zac Efron and Harry from One Direction are gay.

My gaydar says that Nathan in the Wanted is clearly gay though, which just proves its not always the case that the cute one is the gay one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    My gaydar says that Nathan in the Wanted is clearly gay though, which just proves its not always the case that the cute one is the gay one!

Nathan is the cute one! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if PJ Brennan who plays Doug in Hollyoaks is gay in real life?

I get that vibe from him

I was wondering this :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    db99 wrote: »
    I was wondering this :o

I always assumed so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Does anybody else get a vibe about Joe Swash?
  • EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody else get a vibe about Joe Swash?

I do and I think he's a sweetheart.

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/432094-joe-swash-i-love-george
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Moggio wrote: »
    I always assumed so.

There just does not seem to be any info thats all :o yes I looked :o
    And did joe swash date co star kara tointon for a while?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    The guy who handles the computer on NCIS Los Angeles. He totally pings.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbass wrote: »
    Olly Murs? :o

Olly Murs doesn't register on my gaydar.
  • shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else get that `ping` about Harry Lloyd of Robin Hood, The Iron Lady, Great Expectations ext...?
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Not at all.

You can say "I acted in self defence" which doesn't mean I pretended in self defence.

A soldier or policeman saying "We must act immediately!" doesn't mean they're going to audition for a part on EastEnders.

Act = action or behaviour.

http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/act/

(v. t.) To move to action; to actuate; to animate.
    I think the issue is more that they use it as some kind of...deal breaker. I hate it when guys say they're "straight acting", and most of the time it's not true. A lot of gay guys do in fact act "straight" out of insecurity and to fit in, and other guys just think they're straight acting when they're not. A gay man has the same sexual orientation as a straight female. Straight females are attracted to men "men", meaning guys who are generally pompous assholes, not men who act like women. As a gay male myself, I don't think I've ever been attracted to another gay male who is across the feminine side, because to me that makes me see them more as a girl. However, I am aware of my feminine traits - I don't pretend to be straight acting, though you won't find me dying my hair and talking about how good life is being a Little Monster.
    I do believe in the right for people to express themselves, so if a gay guy wants to bleach his hair and wear almost-female clothing, then so be it. I don't agree with it, however as it's what paints the gay community in a repulsive light. Many people who are homophobic...I almost don't blame them.

Also, I don't know his name but...the nerdy guy from 30 Rock who was in Mariah Carey's Touch My Body video. I've always thought he was gay.
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I think the issue is more that they use it as some kind of...deal breaker. I hate it when guys say they're "straight acting", and most of the time it's not true. A lot of gay guys do in fact act "straight" out of insecurity and to fit in, and other guys just think they're straight acting when they're not. A gay man has the same sexual orientation as a straight female. Straight females are attracted to men "men", meaning guys who are generally pompous assholes, not men who act like women. As a gay male myself, I don't think I've ever been attracted to another gay male who is across the feminine side, because to me that makes me see them more as a girl. However, I am aware of my feminine traits - I don't pretend to be straight acting, though you won't find me dying my hair and talking about how good life is being a Little Monster.
    I do believe in the right for people to express themselves, so if a gay guy wants to bleach his hair and wear almost-female clothing, then so be it. I don't agree with it, however as it's what paints the gay community in a repulsive light. Many people who are homophobic...I almost don't blame them.

Also, I don't know his name but...the nerdy guy from 30 Rock who was in Mariah Carey's Touch My Body video. I've always thought he was gay.

I always think this attitude is so sad.

It just reeks of internalised homophobia, and it's so silly because at the end of the day none of this even matters.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of the stereotype of gay men being camp, bitchy queens, some men feel the need to clarify up front that they are 'straight acting' and not like that

It may suggest insecurity, but not homophobia

I agree though that a lot of men who claim to be straight acting, actually aren't.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Nathan is the cute one! :eek:

:D:D Doesn't say a lot for the rest of them :eek:
This discussion has been closed.