I was messing around with GeForce Experience

Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When I discovered within ShadowPlay you can have an in-game FPS counter, so just out of morbid curiosity I gave it a try, now i'm left think my gfx card isn't up to the challenge :(

I use GE optimal settings and I'm getting fps drops to 30 on fairly modern games like tomb raider, batman origins, COD :D ghosts, the thing is, before I used the fps counter I was ok with how my games run but now I'm not ok with it :D

Do I need to get a grip and switch off the fps counter or upgrade my GFX or just stop using GE altogether and do my own settings?

What do you guys think of NVidia GeForce experience, do you use its optimal settings?

Comments

• Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you were ok with the performance just turn it off it can drive you mental, myself I have a fps counter running 24/7 when gaming I'm really geeky and OCD about it, even if my game even drops 5 fps it annoys me :)

It is surprising how low the fps of a game is running to what you think it is without a counter if you're not familiar with it.

What is your card btw?
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTX 760 had it over 12 months now. I think maybe your right about turning the counter off but it's going to be hard not to use it on a new game :D Right can of worms I've opened !!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What kind of performance hit does it have? You can try something like dxtory that is less cpu intensive than FRAPS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A GTX 760 is very capable mid range gpu and you've had at 12 months too, stick with it I say although there are some great upgrades if you like to blow the big money :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of performance hit does it have? You can try something like dxtory that is less cpu intensive than FRAPS.

On tomb raider at best its 50fps but this can drop to 30-35 just by aiming my gun lol, batman is much the same, though I've seen sub 30 fps. These are with fairly high settings, not maxed out though.

I don't even know what dxtory and FRAPS are :blush: I pretty much fumble through on PC gaming, not very tech savvy, although I've but been lucky with few problems.
    A GTX 760 is very capable mid range gpu and you've had at 12 months too, stick with it I say although there are some great upgrades if you like to blow the big money :)

Counter is now switched off. :cool: If I was happy before then I can be happy again without splashing out the money. I think holding out for maybe another 12 months might be the best idea.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I've turned on ge is when I've just bought a card or just before to compare.

You've gone right turning it off, you were happy before.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I discovered within ShadowPlay you can have an in-game FPS counter, so just out of morbid curiosity I gave it a try, now i'm left think my gfx card isn't up to the challenge :(

I use GE optimal settings and I'm getting fps drops to 30 on fairly modern games like tomb raider, batman origins, COD :D ghosts, the thing is, before I used the fps counter I was ok with how my games run but now I'm not ok with it :D

Do I need to get a grip and switch off the fps counter or upgrade my GFX or just stop using GE altogether and do my own settings?

What do you guys think of NVidia GeForce experience, do you use its optimal settings?

I used to use GeForce to optimize games but now I do my own settings. I go for frame rate over looks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to use GeForce to optimize games but now I do my own settings. I go for frame rate over looks.

Yeah I tend to go that way now, it's not an exact science though so what works on one game section, slows down on another lol. I guess perfection requires lots of money
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I tend to go that way now, it's not an exact science though so what works on one game section, slows down on another lol. I guess perfection requires lots of money

agreed mate. We do the best we can with what we have :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreed mate. We do the best we can with what we have :)

Quite right :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's not much difference in our cards, performance wise. I have an Nvidia GTX670.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spend more time gaming on PC than I do on console.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spend more time gaming on PC than I do on console.

I never see you on steam much these days like you used to, are you getting your games without steam? :)

Last game played on steam 25th June.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never see you on steam much these days like you used to, are you getting your games without steam? :)

Last game played on steam 25th June.

Hi mate. I haven't been on Steam much over the last month. I drop in to see who's chatting then I'm off again. Iv'e been p[laying a lot of Diablo III Reaper of Souls and a few Windows 8 games :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi mate. I haven't been on Steam much over the last month. I drop in to see who's chatting then I'm off again. Iv'e been p[laying a lot of Diablo III Reaper of Souls and a few Windows 8 games :)

Aha ok cool :)