Why doesn't Solange Knowles get some advice from her Big Sis?

delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
Forum Member
✭✭✭
she needs to stop with all this, "I need to be creative and do 'new' music" rubbish....it's not working! :yawn: Time to start working with Bee's producers, and if all else fails do, some extremely generic RnB! Being a 2nd rate Beyonce is better than having no career to speak of, and no record deal! ;)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Didn't she perform at a concert with Beyonce once and got booed off the stage?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. I love Beyonce, but I also love Solange and think her last album is unbelievably underrated. I think it's one of my favourite ever albums and really inspired me with her throwback style, songs like Cosmic Journey and Sand Castle Disco are so creative and I'm thankful they were created. She has a production deal if I am correct, she simply just doesn't have a label to distribute it all. I don't wanna see her become a "2nd rate Beyonce" because I think she's entitled to success in her own right. I think perhaps because she's not as visually exciting as Beyonce (looks, choreography, individual style etc) that she gets overlooked.
    I Would've Been The One is one of my fave songs ever.
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. I love Beyonce, but I also love Solange and think her last album is unbelievably underrated. I think it's one of my favourite ever albums and really inspired me with her throwback style, songs like Cosmic Journey and Sand Castle Disco are so creative and I'm thankful they were created. She has a production deal if I am correct, she simply just doesn't have a label to distribute it all. I don't wanna see her become a "2nd rate Beyonce" because I think she's entitled to success in her own right. I think perhaps because she's not as visually exciting as Beyonce (looks, choreography, individual style etc) that she gets overlooked.
    I Would've Been The One is one of my fave songs ever.

People like you writing msgs of support for e.g. on Twitter, are the reason she will never be successful. She's deluded if she ever thinks her music will be IN, with this creative nonsense! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she could do both, have 3-4 commercial songs on the album and have them as singles to help sell the album and also have her own creative music as album tracks.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really enjoyed her "Sol Angel.." album and for me it was the surprise hit of last year. Dancing In The Dark and Sandcastle Disco are quality tunes and I respect her for trying to do something different. I think Solange's main problem is that she just doesn't come across as very likeable..lacking the "star quality" of big sis if you wish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delectable wrote: »
    she needs to stop with all this, "I need to be creative and do 'new' music" rubbish....it's not working! :yawn: Time to start working with Bee's producers, and if all else fails do, some extremely generic RnB! Being a 2nd rate Beyonce is better than having no career to speak of, and no record deal! ;)

Why? So we can have a Beyonce carbon copy? Let her do what she wants.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Her music is better than Beyonce's, does it really matter if she doesn't sell as well as her? Sure she needs a record company but a smaller independent one will allow her the freedom to do as she pleases without the pressure of having to sell millions to please some men in suits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her last album was great but she needs to get over herself. She comes across as really arrogant and quite unlikeable. I've heard that in any interview she does they are forbidden to even mention Beyonce.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Don't dare mention Solange is Beyonce's sister, she will bite your head off!

She needs to seriously get over herself and realise the very few people who are even interested in her are, because of her famous sister! She wouldn't have a look in without her last name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delectable wrote: »
    People like you writing msgs of support for e.g. on Twitter, are the reason she will never be successful. She's deluded if she ever thinks her music will be IN, with this creative nonsense! ;)

I don't even have a twitter, it's an opinion I put out there. Let's face it, she's never gonna be an "it" girl or have a huge beyonce/rihanna type hit, so she might as well stick to making music for herself and those "like me" who appreciate her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her last album was brilliant. I'm glad she's not taking advice from Beyoncé.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her last album is literally one of my all time favourites.

Sandcastle Disco is one helluva' choon. As is T.O.N.Y and I decided etc

Ok she comes across as a moron, but I'm thankful she's made these songs and not been some wannabe.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her new EP is amazing....just an orgasm for the ears:)
    I'm glad she is doing her own thing. Her music just sounds so fresh.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I am not a fan of Solange knowles, she is very much a better artist than her sister. She clearly isn't bothered by sales and success with the music she does. She is doing music that is so different to what is out there, but also, she is doing music she wants to do. She doesn't feel pressured

Good on her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone cares about sales - music isn't about sales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    Solange's new EP is really good. She's a completely different type of musician/performer to her sister, that's all there is to it.