Which of our TV stations run (or have run) on a constantloop?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
Forum Member
I was discussing TCC Nordic on here the other day, which was on a loop, and it made me want to know the question of which TV channels in the UK run on weekly or monthly loop (some channels may have a 4/6/8 hour loop which is different each day, this doesn't count). I know that Cartoon Network was like this initially. My parents also seem to have a memory of Nicktoons being in a loop around 10 - 15 years ago - please try and tell me if this is true or not.

Which other TV channels do, or have operated on a loop (they can be from any category)?

Comments

• beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    There was that music channel some rich guy bought his girlfriend who was trying to launch a music career- the channel was just a 30 minute advertorial over and over. (she didn't do very well).

Game Network went on a loop when the feed from Italy went down for about a month(!), although it was all automatic texting stuff.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When TCC (The Children's Channel) closed down apparently one of the cable networks kept it running by recording the output and playing it out over and over again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    When TCC (The Children's Channel) closed down apparently one of the cable networks kept it running by recording the output and playing it out over and over again.

This was one of the ones that i mentioned - I'm trying to find others...
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there an obscure SKY Digital channel that had a malfunction which was a fitness tape stopped and it focused on a shot of the woman's bum for about three days?
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the teleshopping channels (TV Shop, Thane etc) use a 24 hour loop which doesn't change from day to day.
  • PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If test transmissions count, there was a sky test many years back, that ran a single episode of Star Trek Voyager on loop for several days.

The old Channel One Liverpool towards the end of its life ran a daily news programme all day long, think it ran for either 1 hour or 30 mins, on loop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Neil_N wrote: »
    Wasn't there an obscure SKY Digital channel that had a malfunction which was a fitness tape stopped and it focused on a shot of the woman's bum for about three days?

CBeebies had a malfunction similar to this in about 2003 (on Telewest). For several hours of one morning all could be seen was a still picture of Bits and Bobs...
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have read in the past that Sky Sports News runs through the night on a loop?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Ocean Finance TV used to run on a loop all day. They showed more or less the same shows every day and the fish tank at night. I liked the fish tank :p
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the shopping channels run on a loop like this;

Insanity
    XHose
    Insanity
    XHose
    and so on