Options

Did you upgrade to itunes plus?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hey has anyone upgraded their purchased songs yet? is it that much better?

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    What does it involve and what difference does it make?

I find it difficult enough downloading/purchasing stuff already on iTunes, it'd have to be something good for me to change anything!
  • Options
    player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It removes the DRM and gives you a higher quality bit rate..the standard 128kbps bit rate of iTunes was a joke and I'm surprised people were willing to pay CD prices for anything but CD quality.

I use Amazon downloads as much as possible...they don't DRM protect their music and the bit rate is good enough for hi-fi listening on decent equipment.....and they are giving iTunes a run for their money.

Theres now some real competition and I'm sure that motivated iTunes to switch...altho' they have a cheek charging when you have already paid over the odds for very lossy 128kbps songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I haven't, and have no intentions of doing. I am not paying more money to upgrade the songs that should have been DRM free in the first place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i assume the charge is for the use of the bandwith again? do you think they have any plans to let you choose what you upgrade?
  • Options
    player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !J! wrote: »
    .......do you think they have any plans to let you choose what you upgrade?

I suspect not...seems to be all or nothing ...what a rip off :mad: