How will John get away with this?

smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:confused:Even if he does manage to get Charlotte out and make it look like the explosion killed her, he was introduced to her parents as Colin and they thought they were engaged??
Hmmmm. Be interesting to see how this all pans out

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smashbox wrote: »
    :confused:Even if he does manage to get Charlotte out and make it look like the explosion killed her, he was introduced to her parents as Colin and they thought they were engaged??

I am not a Corrie fan but I have to say, I think the character of John Stape is genius! He is this generation's Richard Hillman and Grame Hawley is phenomonal!
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you kidding me? This is JOHN STAPE! He is capable of anything! The man is a genius.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    easy...all he has to do is show up all tearful to charlottes funeral, act sad to her mum and dad and disappear...in grief....i love john :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I would have dumped the body in the ally way, she could have got hit by the tram and walked away or somthing!!
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was beaten until the explosion. He dialed 9...9...(KABOOM!!)..."oh, it's my lucky day!".
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming Charlottes bodys still in the houe...last saw her being dragged across the carpet...(forensics anyone?)
    Does John go to the hospital with Fizz? If so does the body start decomposing on the kitchen floor?:eek:

Hope they follow the Fizz stroyline accurately. I had my baby jemima at 6 months (25 weeks) in March weighing 1lb 6oz. I'll be interested to see how they play that one out...but this is soapland...the baby will probably be a healthy 8 pounder & be home in a day! lol
  • oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John will have to get the body hidden before Chesney and his girlfriend get back
  • Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Since Charlotte was (presumably) killed by a hammer blow to the head/face, then the forensic team should be able to get evidence from the following:

1. The hammer (if found) may have traces of blood/skin/hair adhering to it. This is harder to remove than you would imagine, especially if the handle is wooden.

2. There would be significant blood splatter on the floors, walls, carpets and other furnishings. Again, harder to remove all trace than you'd imagine (Luminol will pick up blood stains - even those washed off - under UV light).

3. When they find the body, the autopsy will shown that the trauma suffered will be conducive to a hammer-blow (e.g. round piece of skull removed, contusions, contre-coup injury etc.) rather than death by explosion or tram crash.

There's no way the body could pass for being another tram-crash victim, so I believe that Stape's comeuppance is imminent! :-)
  • Jib111Jib111 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I know, he goes to hospital with Fiz and turns off her life-support, she isn't dead yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John is a much more interesting character now than he was back in 07/08 imo.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debb1e wrote: »
    Since Charlotte was (presumably) killed by a hammer blow to the head/face, then the forensic team should be able to get evidence from the following:

1. The hammer (if found) may have traces of blood/skin/hair adhering to it. This is harder to remove than you would imagine, especially if the handle is wooden.

2. There would be significant blood splatter on the floors, walls, carpets and other furnishings. Again, harder to remove all trace than you'd imagine (Luminol will pick up blood stains - even those washed off - under UV light).

3. When they find the body, the autopsy will shown that the trauma suffered will be conducive to a hammer-blow (e.g. round piece of skull removed, contusions, contre-coup injury etc.) rather than death by explosion or tram crash.

There's no way the body could pass for being another tram-crash victim, so I believe that Stape's comeuppance is imminent! :-)
    Lay the hammer itself next to the body at the viaduct end of the alley and the police/coroner might conclude that she'd been hit by the hammer as it was blasted across the street by the force of the explosion. I'd certainly try that myself if I'd just murdered some woman and was lucky enough to have my street blow up at the same time :D
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    If he's left her alone in the house maybe sh will wake up and end up wandering around in a daze before being caught in the second explosing in the live show.

Would love to see John's face whe he returns to the house and she's not there. His luck is in there and then goes away just as quick. Long Live John Stape.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Jib111 wrote: »
    From what I know, he goes to hospital with Fiz and turns off her life-support, she isn't dead yet.
    so how does Charlotte get to the hospital?

agreed..everyone who dies will have a PM...it will be evident that she dies from a specific blow to the head by the hammer...dont forget his bloodied hand on the door frame & on hos phone...there will also be fibres/blood/hair all across teh carpet. cant wait to see how this one turns out...loving seeing John squirm!
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the fact that he has been seen by Charlotte's parents suggests he will get found out. However I suppose he could kill them both if they start causing trouble.:D
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    so how does Charlotte get to the hospital?

agreed..everyone who dies will have a PM...it will be evident that she dies from a specific blow to the head by the hammer...dont forget his bloodied hand on the door frame & on hos phone...there will also be fibres/blood/hair all across teh carpet. cant wait to see how this one turns out...loving seeing John squirm!

But would the police really check all that, A body in the crash site with a severe head injury? I doubt the police would suddenly start a murder investigation in the midst of a major incident.
    Unless the pathologist was a Ripper expert, wouldn't he/she just regard the skull as being damaged by blunt trauma rather than specifically being a ball-pein hammer.

If all that above is the case, then no-one would ever bother checking the Stape household and thus a clean down and removal of the carpet where Charlotte lay would see him in the clear.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Job Eizz is going to hospital - keep her out of the way whilst he cleans the house on the pretence of "making it nice" for when the baby comes home.
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would love to see John's face whe he returns to the house and she's not there.

I would love to see that too! I love John Stape, what a fantastic character. I hope he gets away with it.
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,573
    Forum Member
    ultimately he's a good man (er.... bear with me). He was just about the call 999, so he knows he's done wrong

his conscience will give him away and he'll confess.

granted this will be months from now, but I think he'll crack and confess the truth
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    I'm assuming Charlottes bodys still in the houe...last saw her being dragged across the carpet...(forensics anyone?)
    Does John go to the hospital with Fizz? If so does the body start decomposing on the kitchen floor?:eek:

Hope they follow the Fizz stroyline accurately. I had my baby jemima at 6 months (25 weeks) in March weighing 1lb 6oz. I'll be interested to see how they play that one out...but this is soapland...the baby will probably be a healthy 8 pounder & be home in a day! lol
    I don't think Charlotte is actually dead at this stage because
    I have read that while he is at the hospital for Fizz he goes along to Charlotte's ward and unplugs her life support machine!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I would have thought if he somehow did manage to her body into the wreckage, that the damage to the back of her head could be explained by a brick or other kind of debris hitting her during the explosion. I think the real task is going to be getting her body into the wreckage!hehe should be fun to watch :D I love john hes a serial killer whos actually quite a nice bloke, Just a bit dim :D
    Forum Member
    I think the fact that he has been seen by Charlotte's parents suggests he will get found out. However I suppose he could kill them both if they start causing trouble.:D
    Well Colin's mum
    dies of a heart attack apparently, just like Colin!
    Forum Member
    hanny89 wrote: »
    I would have thought if he somehow did manage to her body into the wreckage, that the damage to the back of her head could be explained by a brick or other kind of debris hitting her during the explosion. I think the real task is going to be getting her body into the wreckage!hehe should be fun to watch :D I love john hes a serial killer whos actually quite a nice bloke, Just a bit dim :D
    The thing is, the forensics are very clever these days. They would be able to tell that Charlotte sustained a blow to the head with a hammer!
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Debb1e wrote: »

whoooaa hold on CST Weatherfield! :D
    Is she dead? I doubt it
    1 The hammer only hit her on the neck not the head, John put his hand there and felt blood

2 yes the blood spatters could be picked up but only if someone searches his house for them, if the body is dragged down the Mawdsley alley and onto Viaduct street he can dump her inbetween Dev and The Joiners, cover her in rubble and hey presto Charlotte is hit by tram debris ( of a hammer shaped size!)

3 her time of death would be analysed and this would tie in with the explosion so it is more likely that a pathologist could overlook the hammer blows and mistake them for shrapnel,

So I believe Stapes comeuppance is a long way off
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    The thing is, the forensics are very clever these days. They would be able to tell that Charlotte sustained a blow to the head with a hammer!

Maybe, the vibrations from the tram crash caused a hammer to fly into the air from (Bill's workshop?) which happened to end up hitting Charlotte's head... ;)
  • GhostlyMaryGhostlyMary Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Supratad wrote: »
    But would the police really check all that, A body in the crash site with a severe head injury? I doubt the police would suddenly start a murder investigation in the midst of a major incident.

If they want to be realistic they won't :D Just as the real police ignored the body behind the panels in Kings Cross station after the fire.