Matt's New Single...

Rick_JRick_J Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Includes

Knights in White Satin
First Time I Ever...
Just The Way You are

Not mad about the winners single but buying for these three songs!

Comments

• Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!

I'll be buying :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm buying.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it .. well worth buying
  • Options
    Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously worried about Surfin Bird.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just shows how desperate they are to make him number one this year by putting all those performances on the CD. I think it will be hard to beat now seeing as alot of people will buy the cd just for the previous performances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I think I'll treat myself to that!
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its Nights In White Satin ;)

Justin Hayward wrote it for his wife you know.

This should be the winners song TBH.

1 he did a great version of it

2 it would give some of todays youngsters a chance to listen to the Moody Blues one of our greatest bands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOTE TO EVERYONE -

The single including Knights, First Time, Just the Way etc. is what was said on the Xtra Factor and Dannii reading the songs off the CD case

On iTunes however I just looked - it seems to be just When We Collide.

So a note of caution, it might just be physical copies only that include all the songs
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Value for money that, and considering he topped the votes each week for those performances, many will want to buy it.
    Well worth buying:D

The little snippet on xtra factor of the video, his recorded version sounds good. Love Biffy, love the song and I love Matt's version:D
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Think it's a clever move putting those other tracks on.

IMO they should release all the XF performances on the winning single.
  • Options
    ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    It is a clever move.

I have never bought a winners single and had no intention of doing so this year, but the FTEISYF and NIWS have just sorely tempted me....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    Just shows how desperate they are to make him number one this year by putting all those performances on the CD. I think it will be hard to beat now seeing as alot of people will buy the cd just for the previous performances.

Do you not understand the music industry then? It's all about the sales. It's not desperation. They'll do whatever they think will sell.
  • Options
    KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_J wrote: »
    NOTE TO EVERYONE -

The single including Knights, First Time, Just the Way etc. is what was said on the Xtra Factor and Dannii reading the songs off the CD case

So a note of caution, it might just be physical copies only that include all the songs

Same happened with Joe McElderry. Digital is only the winner's single. The physical CD has the extra songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned above iTunes doesn't seem to be an offering an "EP" with the winners single plus the additional tracks, you would have to buy all them separately if doing it online

Looks like a trip to HMV is in order, I haven't been there in at least 2 yars, how much is a physical CD these days :D
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not understand the music industry then? It's all about the sales. It's not desperation. They'll do whatever they think will sell.

I said desperate because they are desperate that he gets to number one. Cowell does not want another year without the number one spot at xmas. I do understand the music industry perfectly well thank you, no need to be condescending I was just expressing my own point of view which I am entitled to do.
  • Options
    DeadManDeadMan Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet they don't bundle all the songs in the iTunes download for the same price as one song ;)

Go buy the CD. Better quality. Can rip to FLAC etc. You have something tangible in your hands that they can never take away from you too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I haven't bought a single in years, but don't they usually get released on a Monday? Amazon & Play are saying 15th December.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingsy wrote: »
    Same happened with Joe McElderry. Digital is only the winner's single. The physical CD has the extra songs.

Ah I see, thanks for confirming. I was a little paranoid that I'd started a thread and was claiming something that didnt seem to work but then I usually only buy singles online and assumed everyone else did :D:)
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_J wrote: »
    NOTE TO EVERYONE -

The other songs are already on iTunes to buy anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 4 favourite performances of his, I will be buying
  • Options
    kazzamackazzamac Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the winning single for a change and to have the extras is a bonus, I'll be buying it
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The DUHHHH part of my brain initially thought you meant all in one bizarre mashup :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    It's also going to be £4 (whereas most singles these days are £2). Ka-ching!
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    He should have done his Amy WInehouse first audition song. That was as good as anything he did after.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooo very clever move. If they had put his version of Baby One More Time on there. It would be absoloutley incredible.