Trouble unending

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
Forum Member
Hello. Hope you can bear with me,but I am in the most desperate fix here.I am running a Humax Foxsat HDR and tonight Chan ITV went off halfway through Calendar News. Thought it was a glitch of somekind. Every other channel was working fine, just ITV off. At 80 I am no good at all with Digital equipment. I did an auto retune but things were just the same. Pressed OPT and was told that ITV channel was 'Locked', but who locked it I wonder. Well I have tried to unlock it (my wife is in tears because she couldn't watch her beloved Emmerdale) I am desperate to get ITV back for the wife before tomorrow night or she will not be able to watcg Corrie. Please, can anyone help me out here. If it is because the channel is locked, how do I unlock it? Oh boy I hope someone can solve this for me. Regards and thanks. Walt

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Its been a nationwide ITV issue so you'll just have to wait until its fully ressolved.
    http://www.itv.com/news/
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything should be back to normal now after the breakdown of some transponders
    See this thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1833301
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    What a relief! You guy's are the greatest. I just cannot thank you enough for getting back to me. Just wait till my wife gets up and I break the news to her. She will be ecstatic. Honest! The trouble is you see, that when ITV went off halfway through Calender News, we rang some neighbours and asked if their ITV had gone off and they all said no. Thats what really threw us. But I have just checked and as you say, everything is now back to normal. Thank you. Thank you. Regards to you all. Walt.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cypher000 wrote: »
    What a relief! You guy's are the greatest. I just cannot thank you enough for getting back to me. Just wait till my wife gets up and I break the news to her. She will be ecstatic. Honest! The trouble is you see, that when ITV went off halfway through Calender News, we rang some neighbours and asked if their ITV had gone off and they all said no. Thats what really threw us. But I have just checked and as you say, everything is now back to normal. Thank you. Thank you. Regards to you all. Walt.
    As far as I understand it the breakdown only affected satellite and cable TV viewers, not Freeview. So if your neighbours were watching Freeview and not Freesat, Sky or Virgin they probably won't have had any problems.

By the way. If you have a TV aerial attached to the house and a Freeview telly might be worth plugging the two together so you have a back-up plan should this happen again.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    As far as I understand it the breakdown only affected satellite and cable TV viewers, not Freeview. So if your neighbours were watching Freeview and not Freesat, Sky or Virgin they probably won't have had any problems.

By the way. If you have a TV aerial attached to the house and a Freeview telly might be worth plugging the two together so you have a back-up plan should this happen again.

ITV1 showed the lost Emmerdale 1hr special again later in the evening
    Forum Member

It's also being repeated tonight at 22:35.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wondered why when idly flicking through the channels I saw what was obviously some Soap or other with the Now/Next banner saying French Open Tennis on ITV1. Had no interest in either so didn't feel inclined to hang around and find out what was going on. :)
  • Frank1Frank1 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what the fault was?
    It just affected Dsat not DTT.
    Frank
    Forum Member
    Frank1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the fault was?
    It just affected Dsat not DTT.
    Frank

Not too sure but ITV put the blame onto Arqiva.