My Kitchen Rules Australia

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Omg these two are the most pretentious ridiculous idiots ever! Nothing wrong with a French menu. Nothing wrong with some French words, especially if you ARE French, or are speaking to a French person. But English-speaking people talking French to other English-speaking people when there is no need is just ANNOYING. It sounds affected and pretentious.

OH GOD - "they may not understand the flavours"? What the hell? Talk about some kind of superiority complex.

Awful aren't they :D

I would have ordered take-away by now :blush:
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that would make it better would be if they acknowledged that they're not at least three-star Michelin chefs. Sadly, they're always going to believe it's everyone else who's out of step - they're never going to believe they're actually not as good as they think they are.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And when they listened to the comments with negative negative positive, all they heard was OMG YES POSITIVE!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And their French is poor. If you're going to sound pretentious talking French, at least get the French right! And what's with the sentences half in French and half in English?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the scores when they don't get 100. I usually feel at least a bit sorry for the contestants when things don't turn out the way they planned, even when it's their own fault, but I'm loving this. I'm a baaaaaad person.

Edit: I'm 20 minutes or so behind and I just got to the bit where Peter said he 'would imagine they'd give them some slack' for taking so long over the main. Really? Because they've been so easy going on all the other nights. Unbelievable.
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    They were so calm through it all.

Last nights couple, would have been good, if they hadn't forgot to add the ingredients and put the rabbit on earlier.

The Moaners tonight - Peter & Gary.

I think it was a case of just desserts (pardon the pun ;-)) for these two, they have been talking themselves up so much I was expecting a gourmet meal from them, and then for them to produce simple (albeit tasty according to the others) food which was hours late, (and them to not even care about that, or even try to go out to explain) then expect 9s and 10s from everyone really was ridiculous and really a bit ignorant and arrogant

But then it was obvious what was going to happen when they were talking themselves up so much, and now they think everyone was being backstabbing...uh no...if you had made me wait over 3 hours for my main, then again for the dessert, i would not be as generous with scores as some were :D;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say - I'm really enjoying this series! I am (and I hate to say this) ALMOST enjoying this more than Masterchef Australia. It is lacking in the Gary and George area, but apart from that, I really like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say - I'm really enjoying this series! I am (and I hate to say this) ALMOST enjoying this more than Masterchef Australia. It is lacking in the Gary and George area, but apart from that, I really like it.
    I'm certainly enjoying it more than the last series of MCA - that was gruesome! I'm hoping that Peter and Gary have to cook off to stay in - I'd love to see them cook against the clock. They'd have just about enough time to perfect one potato, I should think. Then everyone else would be wrong for not appreciating it. Talk about deluded!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    I'm certainly enjoying it more than the last series of MCA - that was gruesome! I'm hoping that the two self-styled best cooks in the universe ever have to cook off to stay in - I'd love to see them cook against the clock. They'd have just about enough time to perfect one potato, I should think. Then everyone else would be wrong for not appreciating it.

They're awful aren't they? But I really hope they stay in for a while, for the entertainment value!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're awful aren't they? But I really hope they stay in for a while, for the entertainment value!

I'm torn really - they certainly make it interesting but they seem to be creating an atmosphere where it's about strategy not cooking, which I don't like so much. That's not just them, of course, but it hasn't been so cut throat in the previous seasons as it obviously is just about to get. Interesting twist next week though and presumably having Pete and Manu have votes for all courses is to try to avoid a skewed personality based result. Or perhaps they do what CDWM did with the lovely Isabel and make them rescore. Roll on Monday..

It certainly makes MasterChef look very refined!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    They are stretching this season a bit, with another round of instant restaurants for the bottom 6 - But pleased Carly & Emily put Peter & Gary in that 6.:) - it was the pudding that saved them, 8&9.:cool:
  • kxkkxk Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    OMG can't believe this made it to your screens - actually first 2 series not so bad, deteriorates rapidly into skullduggery and bullshit.

Now, far better is House Rules, produced by same, a bunch of teams from different states renovate a whole house each week - they are their houses/dumps.

We are watching the 2nd series finals now, a whole house in a week is cool.

There is a lot of lying and cheating going in RTV here, especially by 7, those 2 shows probably will die from all the lying.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    kxk wrote: »
    OMG can't believe this made it to your screens - actually first 2 series not so bad, deteriorates rapidly into skullduggery and bullshit.

Now, far better is House Rules, produced by same, a bunch of teams from different states renovate a whole house each week - they are their houses/dumps.

We are watching the 2nd series finals now, a whole house in a week is cool.

There is a lot of lying and cheating going in RTV here, especially by 7, those 2 shows probably will die from all the lying.

I really enjoy a good bit of skullduggery and bullshit, to be honest. The more bitchiness and backstabbing, the higher the entertainment factor!

House rules sounds great. Would love it if that came over here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dammit, I missed the start, I forgot and was watching Wimbledon.

Urgh, that poached egg soup looks nasty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh, that poached egg soup looks nasty.

Why would they think poached eggs were a good idea? So many people are squeamish about snotty eggs. Do these people never watch cookery competitions before they enter?

Edit to add: I do think it looks as if this is going to be a round too far, especially if most of them are going to make the same mistake again (the definition of madness - making the same mistake and expecting a different outcome!). It's a pity producers can't leave well enough alone when a format works - more of the same isn't necessarily better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE poached eggs, but in soup? And in a soup that's a pale creamy yellow colour? With pale yellowy beige croutons? Nooooooo.

In other news, I can't stop looking at Aussie judge's BLUE BLUE eyes.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did the glass come from. Could it have been placed by guest? Seems odd either way.

Wish votes were revaled at end off all nights in rounds.

PJ
    Forum Member
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Where did the glass come from. Could it have been placed by guest? Seems odd either way.

Wish votes were revaled at end off all nights in rounds.

PJ
    Just the Judges scores, at the end of each night.

Pleased for the New Zealand couple, Simon & Meg - but where did that glass come from, the night before.

It's going to get messy by the end of this round - Fight! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with last night's before work (went to see Dawn French last night, a funny and moving show) - pleased for the NZ couple, perhaps the second chance thing isn't such a bad idea. I really like the 'engaged scientists', they do seem to have a sense of humour each and a sensible approach.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories in reality programmes, but it's interesting how Peter and Gary were shown so badly in the last round in their comments and this time they're coming across as quite relaxed and funny, while there's a strong whiff of sour grapes coming from the bottom pair. It does show the power of editing. Glad to see that the other pairs are playing fair though (so far!)- I was afraid it was going to degenerate into mud slinging.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the Judges scores, at the end of each night.

Pleased for the New Zealand couple, Simon & Meg - but where did that glass come from, the night before.

It's going to get messy by the end of this round - Fight! ;-)

Sorry I worded that badly I might after al of the nights at the end of the weeks worth of food the votes should happen to avoid the he gave me a crap mark so I will vote :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the rules for the period before the instant restaurant? Are they not allowed to practise? If you'd practised wouldn't you know things like crackling curls up and scallops don't balance well on it?
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with last night's before work (went to see Dawn French last night, a funny and moving show) - pleased for the NZ couple, perhaps the second chance thing isn't such a bad idea. I really like the 'engaged scientists', they do seem to have a sense of humour each and a sensible approach.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories in reality programmes, but it's interesting how Peter and Gary were shown so badly in the last round in their comments and this time they're coming across as quite relaxed and funny, while there's a strong whiff of sour grapes coming from the bottom pair. It does show the power of editing. Glad to see that the other pairs are playing fair though (so far!)- I was afraid it was going to degenerate into mud slinging.
    It might get worst then that...all very nasty at the moment - but pleased for Megan & Andy tonight - 'Darling'.:D

Hope Thomas & Carla stay at the Bottom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Thomas & Carla stay at the Bottom.
    Yup, they're another prize pair.

Do they not realise that it doesn't say much for their palates when they dismiss the opinions of everyone including two professional chefs and put their result down to tactics?

Fun to watch though! Can't help thinking that the actual competition, if we ever get to it, will be a bit of an anticlimax.
    Forum Member
    Yup, they're another prize pair.

Do they not realise that it doesn't say much for their palates when they dismiss the opinions of everyone including two professional chefs and put their result down to tactics?

Fun to watch though! Can't help thinking that the actual competition, if we ever get to it, will be a bit of an anticlimax.
    And telling Emma & Andrew, to vote low, to have a chance, to get of the bottom was very low - I'd kick them off the show.

Tonight was explosive too, with the Army Boys Scott & David and their Hot! Thai Food.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For crying out loud - '50% of the time I get it right and 50% I don't'. In a competition!