Options

Any issues sending texts at New Year?

Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone had issues sending or receiving texts at New Year? Normally there is some sort of delay around midnight but I haven't experienced any issues this year (on Three). I suspect people are using social media more to say Happy New Year so networks are under less strain.

Has anyone had any issues this year?

Oh and Happy New Year everyone :)

Comments

• Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    Has anyone had issues sending or receiving texts at New Year? Normally there is some sort of delay around midnight but I haven't experienced any issues this year (on Three). I suspect people are using social media more to say Happy New Year so networks are under less strain.

No issues on Three or EE here.

Happy New Year to you as well.
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope but then I didn't text until this morning. We are on Three
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not personally had any problems with my network around midnight.

As you say, I suspect an increasing number of people aren't using standard SMS anymore for such messages.

Happy New Year to all :)
  • Options
    mrMickmrMick Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My phone was off, but only because the battery was flat, so i've no idea what vodafone was like around here lol
  • Options
    rasseru16rasseru16 Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had 1 text message fail to send straight away just after midnight, did a retry and it went through on EE here, other than that all good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I was standing near Big Ben to see the fireworks..... texts sent at midnight no issues, same with a voice call.... both on Three

Vodafone was also pulling in 25Mbps download so I could upload all my photos to Google Plus and also send a Snaphat no issues
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My data was fine. I'm on 3. I guess as data powered services such as WhatsApp, hangouts and Facebook messenger become more popular, traditional text messages will decrease in popularity which will lead to a reduction in issues texting and a possible slowdown of data services at busy times.
  • Options
    rasseru16rasseru16 Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carguy143 wrote: »
    My data was fine. I'm on 3. I guess as data powered services such as WhatsApp, hangouts and Facebook messenger become more popular, traditional text messages will decrease in popularity which will lead to a reduction in issues texting and a possible slowdown of data services at busy times.

Same here, data speeds were more than fine 25Mbps D/L over DC-HSPA :)
  • Options
    lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was too pissed at midnight to do a speed test but O2 seemed quite good everything came through and made a couple or calls and I think they worked first time
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dangetti wrote: »
    I was standing near Big Ben to see the fireworks.....

Did you have a ticket or were you watching illegally? ;)

I didn't have any problem with texts but then i was using the app as there was no signal at the party in Romsey where i was.
  • Options
    1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sent my son a message on NYE at around 11.50pm he is on O2 as am I, it never arrived until 6pm yesterday
  • Options
    joelukenjoeluken Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Sent texts at 00:00 NYE and had no problems using Three. Received replies at 00:00-00:01 so they arrived quickly.
  • Options
    sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    johnathome wrote: »

I didn't have any problem with texts but then i was using the app as there was no signal at the party in Romsey where i was.

People paid?

Fools and their money...etc
  • Options
    GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    johnathome wrote: »

Wait, it's illegal to actually watch it without a ticket but you can watch it on your phone for free - what?
  • Options
    OrangyOrangy Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigabit wrote: »
    Wait, it's illegal to actually watch it without a ticket but you can watch it on your phone for free - what?

You can't even discuss it without paying the PAYG DiscussionFee.
  • Options
    planetf1planetf1 Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sent about 30 texts, received 15 or so within minutes. No issues at all. Data fine too. A a friends home, macro network 3uk