Am I alone in having hardly played my PS4 since I bought it?

AdsAds Posts: 37,057
Forum Member
I got it on launch, but have only downloaded a couple of demos and just bought one game (Madden 25). Its a very decent console but there just haven't been any games for it that have appealed to me yet.

Am not whinging as I know the games always trickle though slowly for a new system, and in a year or so when developers are starting to make the most of the system's potential (which a lot of the launch games certainly are not, eg FIFA), I will be giving the PS4 a lot more attention!

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yip. Ours is on every day and its a fight to get on it. I only really get night time now, only held back by me beasting through breaking bad.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Yip. Ours is on every day and its a fight to get on it. I only really get night time now, only held back by me beasting through breaking bad.

ditto. even down to breaking bad.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Haha the only time I've really took a break was over the main Christmas days when I was out & about and watching every episode of Breaking Bad for the start!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say sort of

Some days like yesterday i'll spend the whole day on PS4 playing Tomb Raider but the last few weeks i've mostly been playing Fallout on PS3

I think its kind of a lack of games (i know its still new) that is making me play PS3 more, i have 8 PS4 games (two of them PS3 upgrades) and i've finished three of them (CoD, ACIV and Knack) FIFA isn't a game you can finish and i'm almost through Tomb Raider, so that leaves me with three launch games to finish Killzone, LEGO marvel and Battlefield 4, i know that might seem a lot but i'm not big on multiplayer

My fear is whats next by the time i've finished these infamous will be out and then so will MGS but then what uncharted is ages away, the order is ages away, this fear of having to wait so long for new games is pushing back towards PS3 and finishing of my old games before starting my new ones
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've got loads of games 2 play! :cool: ... but .... I only get on the PS4 (after midnight) for about 90mins! :( ... Obviously the livingroom TV ain't available during the evening with the soaps & other drama programs! ;-) ... So unless Im prepared 2 stop up all night & suffer the consequences my marathon gaming sessions are well & truly over!!! :cry:

(This is why it's taken me since release-day 2 finish killzone!!!) :blush:
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I've got loads of games 2 play! :cool: ... but .... I only get on the PS4 (after midnight) for about 90mins! :( ... Obviously the livingroom TV ain't available during the evening with the soaps & other drama programs! ;-) ... So unless Im prepared 2 stop up all night & suffer the consequences my marathon gaming sessions are well & truly over!!! :cry:

(This is why it's taken me since release-day 2 finish killzone!!!) :blush:

That's exactly why I've only just finished kz.
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yip.

You know that the OP is alone in hardly playing his PS4? How'd you know that? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geemonkee wrote: »
    You know that the OP is alone in hardly playing his PS4? How'd you know that? :confused:

Well the question is stops then isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the question is stops then isn't it?

Don't even know what that means...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geemonkee wrote: »
    Don't even know what that means...

It means my predictive text is crap;)

I meant the question is stupid because it can't be answered properly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It means my predictive text is crap;)

I meant the question is stupid because it can't be answered properly.

:D got ya.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine's been on virtually every day, but then I actually bought some games for it.

Having a Vita for remote play helps in busy households too.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is if there was no games I was interested in then I wouldn't have bought one. I think it's called doing your homework.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Too many PS3 games to finish off first
  • Anime_FanAnime_Fan Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    our's gets used nearly every day.

people go on about a lack of games, i'd actually take issue with that.

killzone, resogun, contrast, outlast, blacklight, need for speed, assasins creed, tomb raider, battlefield, call of duty, trine 2, knack & a few more.

Thats plenty of games to get started with & should be more than enough to keep you occupied for a couple months until Driveclub, infamous & more are released.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    150+ hours in Battlefield 4
    20+ hours in Madden 25
    15+ hours in Assassin's Creed 4
    10+ hours in Resogun
    10+ hours in Super Motherload
    5 hours and completed Trine 2

Haven't yet started Outlast, Don't Starve and Contrast.

If anything, it's my PS3 that hasn't been touched since my PS4 appeared - and I still have a ton of games I got for cheap (including Last of Us) a few months ago.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I haven't been back on mine since about the second week after launch.

To be honest, I haven't been on the XB1 that much either.

Once more games start coming out for both, then I'm sure I'll be back on them both.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Once more games start coming out for both, then I'm sure I'll be back on them both.

I just dont understnd why people would waste their money on buying these machines if there isnt enough games out to interest them?

I want a PS4 but there are no games that interest me till Dragon Age 3, so I will be holding off rather than splashing out now.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    I just dont understnd why people would waste their money on buying these machines if there isnt enough games out to interest them?

I want a PS4 but there are no games that interest me till Dragon Age 3, so I will be holding off rather than splashing out now.

My thoughts exactly, and I bet even the ones that are playing the PS4 or the Xbox all the time, are just trying to justify spending all that money to themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly, and I bet even the ones that are playing the PS4 or the Xbox all the time, are just trying to justify spending all that money to themselves.

That doesn't make any sense. May be people are actually just enjoying their new toy?
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member

Chances are you'll still be paying £350 for the console so people that have bought early are hardly wasting money.

I haven't turned my ps4 on for over a week now as FIFA is the only game I own. I was going to skip FIFA this year, and hold off getting the ps4 until Infamous:Second Son next month but as I said above the console will be the same price so I bought it early to play FIFA with a mate. Now the novelty has worn off, I've gotten the platinum and have no desire to play it further versus the CPU or randoms on-line.

Apart from thief in 3 weeks, which doesn't interest me enough to make a day 1 purchase at full RRP, I don't plan on buying anything until Infamous at the end of March, and FFX HD is released on the same day for ps3 :\ So I'm in the situation where I have nothing new to play for 6-7 weeks then 2 games I want are released on the same day for 2 different consoles.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got off to a slow start, but since I realised just how good Kill Zone is, then Tomb Raider arrived, not to mention Contrast - which I've just completed today! Plus I've had a week off work, so yes, my PS4 is getting the vigorous attention that it deserves.

Part of the reason I'm enjoying it so much, is that its such a pleasure to use, the UI is like a well oiled machine, the controller compliments the UI by being so comfy...... I find myself navigating the user interface for no reason other than it feels so nice :D
  • JARVJARV Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I go through phases, sometimes I play my PS4 loads then my xbox one, currently playing Ryse Son of Rome, love that game more than I thought I would
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

Becausewe now have it ready for when the games come out.

And I was expecting better of KZSF, suffice to say I have played more KZ3 MP than KZSF MP since PS4 day.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Haven't touched my 360 since getting my PS4 on Nov 29th.