Waterloo Road

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GH Online wrote: »
    Why are there cuts - is it music issues?

Well on the cover it says something about 'due to contractual reasons some music edits have been made' and that this has affected the length of some eps. I hope they haven't cut any good bits out!
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKTV Gold have been cutting Series 1 to shreds. Last night's episode had two whole scenes missing and they were fairly important ones.

I suppose that's what comes of adding adverts in but still putting the episode in an hour-long slot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hot_Topics wrote: »
    Well on the cover it says something about 'due to contractual reasons some music edits have been made' and that this has affected the length of some eps. I hope they haven't cut any good bits out!

They have cut out a good 9-10 min.
    Forum Member
    tvhonour wrote: »
    Just been looking on the forum and came across the Waterloo Road post on the What to Watch section. In the credits it lists Zaraah Abrahams as Michaela White. I take it that means she's in tonights episode?

She must be if that what is says, what do you think ?
    Forum Member
    I can't belive tonight is the last episode.
    Forum Member
    tvhonour wrote: »
    Who IS this source?

My source, a person I know but tonight's episode also in the interview with Chris Geere he says that two people are not comeing back so could it be Rachel and Davina or Davina and Hordley ? I know That Hordley dies and I am sure it is Davina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    waterloo r wrote: »
    They have cut out a good 9-10 min.

Blimey. Glad I recorded most of them myself now! Was only missing the first few eps of Series 2 (when I hadn't quite got to grips with my new dvd recorder :rolleyes:)

As for tonight's ep - I'm not sure Hordley would count as one of the 'couple' of cast-members who don't return in Series 4, as he's not been a 'regular' really has he? Having said that, I would settle for him and Davina being the mystery pair over any of the others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel and Eddie are apprantly in S4?
  • tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must be if that what is says, what do you think ?

i thought she was only in it for a few episodes and after what happened with Jasmine i thought she had been thrown out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My source, a person I know but tonight's episode also in the interview with Chris Geere he says that two people are not comeing back so could it be Rachel and Davina or Davina and Hordley ? I know That Hordley dies and I am sure it is Davina.

lol. I only asked who your source was. I already know about the couple of characters who aren't coming back. Thanks anyway :)
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange, a few weeks ago you were stating categorically from your "source" that Davina dies. Now you only say that "I am am sure" (implying an element of doubt).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel and Eddie are apprantly in S4?

I've read they are :)
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Yep, Michaela is back. Wasn't she suspended or expelled? She seemed to have slotted back in nicely, must have some excellent pupil rehabilitation programmes at Waterloo Road.

Davina surely can't die? Tom would be the most unlucky man in the universe, having his wife, girlfriend and new girlfriend all die within like a year!
    Forum Member

How on earth can Rachel keep her job after Hookergate? It seems that Grantley will be off after fudging the coursework? Also, Steph seemed not to take her "demotion" well, maybe she walks?
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. What was dinner lady messing about with huge gas canisters in the kitchen for? What was wrong with the main gas supply? :rolleyes:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Rachel returns next series, I've really enjoyed her this series :)

Davina seems to get a lot of stick in this thread. Is it the character? The actress? Both? I really can't see the problem with her.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too many holes. Eddie goes to the trouble of collecting all the envelopes about Rachel, only to put them in a communal bin without shredding them: FGS. The exam board woman who can't speak proper English (using 'myself' instead of 'me'), the "builder" being allowed open access to the premises, the gas canisters...
    OK, it's a soap, but it's slack writing. We shouldn't have to suspend so much belief. They need to tighten up if they are doing another 20 eps. And IMO, Denise Welch will be back, it's a nice little earner for her... (and the character is pretty popular)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Too many holes. Eddie goes to the trouble of collecting all the envelopes about Rachel, only to put them in a communal bin without shredding them: FGS. The exam board woman who can't speak proper English (using 'myself' instead of 'me'), the "builder" being allowed open access to the premises, the gas canisters...
    OK, it's a soap, but it's slack writing. We shouldn't have to suspend so much belief. They need to tighten up if they are doing another 20 eps. And IMO, Denise Welch will be back, it's a nice little earner for her... (and the character is pretty popular)

A lot of schools leave their gates open (stupidly) and anyone can get in. In some schools, people can get into the school without going through the office.
  • LittleMissNuffyLittleMissNuffy Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Tom1007 wrote: »
    A lot of schools leave their gates open (stupidly) and anyone can get in. In some schools, people can get into the school without going through the office.

That's right- in my school, there are at least three different ways someone could enter without going through the office :o
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tom1007 wrote: »
    That's right- in my school, there are at least three different ways someone could enter without going through the office :o

Your schools are slack on security then. Most visitors should not be allowed on to the school grounds without an invite and a temporary badge. WR being a sink estate school should be more than prepared for this...
  • tatotaltatotal Posts: 5,874
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure that rickety door would have given way under the weight of all of those kids by now.
    Forum Member
    Why does no one break the glass in these doors?

And why was that lad (Dom?) who was so worried he might be gay a few weeks ago suddenly feel it ok to rake up the muck about the headteacher?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Your schools are slack on security then. Most visitors should not be allowed on to the school grounds without an invite and a temporary badge. WR being a sink estate school should be more than prepared for this...

It isn't just my school that I have knowledge of that has slack security measures. Its stupid I know.
    Forum Member
    Tom really is the kiss of death.

There's no way the LEA would keep this school open any more. It's old-fashioned, has a hooker for a headteacher. They'd demolish and send the kids elsewhere!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been really good :eek: :D

I hope Davina & Rachel are both OK and return next year.