Comments

• -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Aiden didn't make the final :(
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That they didn't give Aiden better songs that suit his edgy style.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    wagner coming 6th instead of 1st :cry:
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the worst thing was how dreadfully stage managed and scripted the whole thing was - from auditions to finals it was all about the audience blatantly being told what to think, feel & do.

It wasn't a reality show, it wasn't a competition (as they would make it as difficult as possible for anyone they didn't want to do well to succeed and back their chosen players even at the expense of the show) it was just a badly scripted soap opera.

As an audience we were totally disenfranchised. The production team ignored the wishes of the public and followed their own agenda and the show suffered massively as a result.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Katie got put through over Gamu.
    That Belle Amie never managed to deliver a performance as good as their first.
    Cher's song choices, especially Rock Week, so much more potential.
    That Matt won over Rebecca.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is Cowell's shows are all the same formula, they show a lot of dross and as soon as an act comes on that can do a bit of singing the judges go overboard and say things like
    " this is fantastic and incredible" when in reality it's just that we have been fed total cr@p by the Cowell publicity machine.
  • Kelli100Kelli100 Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Yep, have to add my agreement about the groups. I also thought that from the auditions & bootcamp stages, the show could have had a potential winner in the groups category this year, and I thought some of the groups could have given the show some edge.

But typically, we got 2 put-together groups, with little singing potential between any of them, and FYD got voted off too early. Diva Fever were good fun, but there were a couple of better groups who could have gone through easily.

Husstle showed promise in the auditions but I didn't think they were up to much at judges house, which was a shame.

I'm sure there was something in the tabloids about some of the groups partying and trashing Simon's house during the judges houses stage. Could that be why some blatantly superior groups weren't put through? Not pointing any fingers, but I was so surprised when The Reason weren't put through, given the exposure they were given during the audition/bootcamp stages.
  • BillieABillieA Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I don't think Rebecca had the vocal range to pull that off. Perhaps they tried it and it failed. That would be my thinking. You only have to sing to yourself the low notes and the highs, to realise it would not have worked.

It doesn't require that big a range. Ray Quinn sang it without breaking into a sweat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden leaving over Katie out of all people, anyone else I could've coped with (except Wagner). But over someone who'd already been in the bottom two 3 times before was just a bit of a piss-take really.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I loved Nicolo in the auditions, so I was so disappointed for him to not even have the chance to do a sing off.

That was my biggest disappointment this year.
  • spoonfulofsensespoonfulofsense Posts: 2,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Waissel
  • philster1972philster1972 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    My biggest disappoint was the entire series this year. Worst year by far.

Why it was bad:

- Too much contraversy
    - Lack of talent/poor talent getting through to the final 16 (Wagner, Katie, Aiden, FYD and Cher are samples.)
    - Judges votes
    - Katie being saved how many times
    - Cheryl's unprofessionalism (Wagner issue not the picking acts.)
    - Marygate
    - Fixing results
    - Poor song choices
    - Dodgy performances

These are just a few i can think of off the top of my head.
  • laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stupid live auditions!
    I hope my audition is back to the old format, with no audience when I go on it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - The shift in age for the boys/girls/overs category
    - To start the controversy early on.. well only for that particular category
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    That someone didn't staple Rebecca's left hand to her effing hip so it wouldn't flutter flutter flutter about right at the bottom of the tight head shot where it invariably sent me into epileptic fits.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The general blatant manipulation of the whole programme, which coincided with a year in which the producers/Cowell totally misjudged the mood of the public - they thought we'd love Katie, Cher & 1 Direction, and frankly we didn't care. They also thought Wagner would be a one week joke, and missed how popular Mary would be... and they certainly didn't see Matt & Rebecca coming!

More specific disappointments were:
    1) The constant pimping of Katie, 1D and (especially) Cher.
    2) Gamu-gate
    3) Wagner-gate
    4) no big band week!
  • deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The general blatant manipulation of the whole programme, which coincided with a year in which the producers/Cowell totally misjudged the mood of the public - they thought we'd love Katie, Cher & 1 Direction, and frankly we didn't care. They also thought Wagner would be a one week joke, and missed how popular Mary would be... and they certainly didn't see Matt & Rebecca coming!

More specific disappointments were:
    1) The constant pimping of Katie, 1D and (especially) Cher.
    2) Gamu-gate
    3) Wagner-gate
    4) no big band week!

I missed Big Band week this year too!! :cry: And I agree with the comments about Nicolo - felt quite sorry for him that he didn't even get a sing-off!! It was kind of like "See ya later!!"
  • Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... and they certainly didn't see Matt & Rebecca coming!

Oh they did.
    deanieboy wrote: »
    And I agree with the comments about Nicolo - felt quite sorry for him that he didn't even get a sing-off!! It was kind of like "See ya later!!"

It was the same for Storm who also went out with the lowest vote in a double elimination.