The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Watched Charlie Brookers screen wipe...last night which was funny, And a taped edition of Games of Thrones...

but im finding it really hard to find anything I want to watch. I ve watched so little TV recently, its almost like I dont know where to start any more....
    Forum Member
    The love of my life was too busy at work this week to even buy me a card......

I wasnt too bothered.....but just a bit sad .........and thought he should have made a bit more of an effort..... He is taking me out to dinner tonight to say sorry....

now should I accept this as a peace offering and forgive him? (cos he does usually remember these things)?????

in a few days time I will be laughing about it....

decisions decisions.......
    Forum Member
    oh dear.......

I couldnt resist this little ditty....

Roses are red
    Apples are fruity
    Watch your lasagne
    It may be Black Beauty.
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »

I wasnt too bothered.....but just a bit sad .........and thought he should have made a bit more of an effort..... He is taking me out to dinner tonight to say sorry....

now should I accept this as a peace offering and forgive him? (cos he does usually remember these things)?????

Know what you mean augusta.....but I'd go with the peace offering, myself....and enjoy it :) You might be out already as I type this....have a great time :D

PS Your dots are catching! :p;)
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    All the SCD sounds lovely..........

so we need to sort out a date in may.......and then work out where we are going to go....

its sounds good.

I m sitting in front of a lovely warm fire....relaxing...Half term has started.

When do you stop working full time Lindy? I thought you were meant to be retired?

Yep, I'm looking forward to some light-hearted dance! :)

I retired from salaried employment in December 2011, but since then have been offered, and accepted, so much work on a self-employed basis, that I am actually back to fulltime work....hope that makes sense!

Early in 2012 I did start to enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle, going to exhibitions etc - and out to lunch :cool: . However, over the last six months I've taken on a bit more than I meant to. My current projects run until July this year (mostly) so I aim to review the situation in the summer :).

And I am keen to see you guys again.....will have to stop here as I don't have my reading specs with me :eek: Back later, Lindy xx
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Yep, I'm looking forward to some light-hearted dance! :)

I retired from salaried employment in December 2011, but since then have been offered, and accepted, so much work on a self-employed basis, that I am actually back to fulltime work....hope that makes sense!

Early in 2012 I did start to enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle, going to exhibitions etc - and out to lunch :cool: . However, over the last six months I've taken on a bit more than I meant to. My current projects run until July this year (mostly) so I aim to review the situation in the summer :).

And I am keen to see you guys again.....will have to stop here as I don't have my reading specs with me :eek: Back later, Lindy xx

Its so hard to get a decent balance at times isnt it...

We did have a lovely meal last night. Very civilised.

Nyannie how are you feeling?

I like the dots, But its so hard to go back to normal punctuation on emails...especially !! Im ok with most other forms. But I went to school at a time when you were meant to use expressive punctuation, so my knowledge of some of the niceties of grammar is frustrating. I spent years trying to work out when to use and when not to use commas and semi colons. dots are much safer.......:D

I still need TV and books advice...
    ;)
    We are getting into The Followers on Sky atlantic with Kevin Bacon, which is very clever...but I need a few more light entertainment programmes. My girls still watch endless repeats of shows like Friends,, and its that kind of programme, Im trying to find a more up to date version of....
  • CrazyChickCrazyChick Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He lives lol. :D

John James ‏@uk_JohnJames_oz

@annaloneb I'm So Sorry To Hear Your Not Well, My Thoughts Are With You & Your Family At This Tough Time Lots Of Love John-James x x x x x
    Forum Member
    CrazyChick wrote: »

@annaloneb I'm So Sorry To Hear Your Not Well, My Thoughts Are With You & Your Family At This Tough Time Lots Of Love John-James x x x x x

what a lovely thing to do........he lives and he cares about his loys......:D:p:D

ps I do really hope that she does get better.......It sounds like a really tough time.....
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Off to London shortly to meet friends for lunch and do some shopping.

Nice of John to tweet his support. I am sure it was much appreciated.

Work-life balance is difficult, I find I have almost no time to do housework - try to keep kitchen and bathrooms clean - the rest is intellectual clutter.

I made dinner and bought my o/h a rasper! Very romantic!

Well, hope everyone has a lovely day. I am getting so busy I don't know whether I'm coming or going - at least it keeps my mind off the constant pain I have from my feet.
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Hi all :)

Sorry I'm away so often ....am v busy, plus I do sometimes post elsewhere! :o

Would love to meet up. Looks like May is turning out to be the favoured month. I can do most days but not 9th to 18th as am going to see Pasha Kovalev from SCD in his show :cool:, then going away for a few days (events not related to each other, honest, guv!) Am also going to see Vincent and Flavia in Midnight Tango on 4th. You will gather I loved SCD this year! :D

Weekends are much the best for me as I pretty well work full time at the moment (retirement, what's that? :p ). I am happy with any meal ......perhaps brunch or lunch would be best?

Anyway hope we can sort something out, sure we will :D

Lindy xx

Bib No :o Never :D

Good on you, looks like
    you have lots of great strictly things coming up
    i know they are no longer on the show
    but we always see Darren and Lillia in the village
    big dance studio here :D

Good Morning JJat :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all

Off to London shortly to meet friends for lunch and do some shopping.

Nice of John to tweet his support. I am sure it was much appreciated.

Work-life balance is difficult, I find I have almost no time to do housework - try to keep kitchen and bathrooms clean - the rest is intellectual clutter.

I made dinner and bought my o/h a rasper! Very romantic!

Well, hope everyone has a lovely day. I am getting so busy I don't know whether I'm coming or going - at least it keeps my mind off the constant pain I have from my feet.
    Morning Annie - I love that expression Intellectual clutter - going to get that in a convo today - it was indeed lovely of him - have a great day xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Forum Member

i would go with the peace offering Augusta
    and just enjoy your meal out
    don,t want to spoil it with any ill feeling
    and he is trying to make up for it :D

i have to say its one day we really
    don,t bother with, no card, no gifts
    just a happy val day in the morn and a kiss :o:D
    Forum Member
    oh dear.......

I couldnt resist this little ditty....

Roses are red
    Apples are fruity
    Watch your lasagne
    It may be Black Beauty.

well if you couldn't resist... here goes.....one bad joke coming your way :D

did you hear
    Birdseye are happy to confirm
    no Sea horse
    has been found in their Fish Fingers :D
    Forum Member
    CrazyChick wrote: »

Now thats just lovely really happy for her

and a big get well Ann
    from the JJat :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Now thats just lovely really happy for her

and a big get well Ann
    from the JJat :D

That was rude of me just saying morning to annie - sorry ladies so here you go a big good morning to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Forum Member
    Deeferone wrote: »
    That was rude of me just saying morning to annie - sorry ladies so here you go a big good morning to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well i would forgive you anything Deefs

well nearly anything
    eating my last choc
    finishing the last of the wine..... not so much :o:D
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning all, hoping you are well.

I see John (I'm not sure it was John) tweeted to Ann, which is nice.

I say I'm not sure it's John as he's hyphenated his name - he's never done that before - and tweeted in a completely different style (all caps at beginning of words). However, it's lovely for Ann and I'm sure she's very pleased :)

edit: As somebody has pointed out to me, phones often auto-capitalise and hyphenate ... I wasn't doubting just questioning :D

Forum Member
    ✭✭

The question is ... did YOU bother buying him a card or anything - Valentines work both ways :D;) it's not just for the women :)
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased John did that. Ann is a lovely lady hope she gets well soon we miss her x

Morning JJat i just got up had a lovely lie in. x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellemay wrote: »
    Really pleased John did that. Ann is a lovely lady hope she gets well soon we miss her x

Morning JJat i just got up had a lovely lie in. x
    It really does sound like she's having a terrible time, she must be so scared.. I bet she felt very special :)
    Forum Member
    well if you couldn't resist... here goes.....one bad joke coming your way :D

did you hear
    Birdseye are happy to confirm
    no Sea horse
    has been found in their Fish Fingers :D

:D:p:D

nice to see everyone so busy........and happy xx
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the jokes,they did make me giggle,just a bit mind:p

Nice message from John to Ann,i wish her all the best.xxx

Hope y'all doing great.

Arsenal lost,:cry:Depressing,we need a new manager with fresh ideas.:(
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello to you all on this lovely sunny day. :)

Had a busy week knee deep in material, as I've been making curtains for my son's campervan. Been on a deadline as his partner is camping in it for the next nine days as she was invited to take her animal business to a top children's attraction in W.Sussex for half term. :)

Rather her than me, I heard last night that she was nestled inside a sleeping bag wrapped in a 15tog double quilt with a single quilt over that and that it was COLD!! :eek:

Now have some catching up to do on here, back in a bit.......:D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well join in........

Horse walks into a bar, barman says 'Sorry mate we don't serve food in here.' :D

or

Told my mate I had a hot date with an Italian Stallion - sounds a lot better than saying I'm sitting at home eating a Findus Lasagne for one. :p:o:o
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Deeferone wrote: »
    Morning Annie - I love that expression Intellectual clutter - going to get that in a convo today - it was indeed lovely of him - have a great day xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My mother always used that expression - our house always had newspapers, books and magazines cluttered around - and then there was the piano with loads of sheet music on it.

We had a lovely day but my feet are dreadful. Need to see GP about seeing a consultant - really don't want the hassle of persuading insurance company I need treatment. Honestly, you pay heaps for company insurance and then the insurance company puts you through to a third party to deal with the claim. The people are supposed to be 'medically trained' but they don't know what the planar ligament or talus bone are!!! What a waste of money!
This discussion has been closed.