Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Met Suggs in April very pleasant, saw Archie Kelly (Kenny Senior from Phoenix Nights) last month on a train, was nice enough and had a photo whilst playing cards with his mates! Went to meet Buster Bloodvessel from Bad Manners on Thursday in Manchester, was supposed to turn up at 3 and still wasn't there at 7:30 so I was very disappointed but the gig was great. Hoping meet Billy Bragg on the 21st of June.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met this fella - kept asking for everyone's autograph. Nasty bit of work. When he found out I wasn't a celebrity he didn't want to know.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,007
    Forum Member
    Met Maureen Lipman once at a booksigning. I loved her books and waited with several others, most of them women who were older than me. She walked in, very loudly said, "Oh, is this it?!" and when she signed was so rude to everyone. One woman asked after her health and got a very brusque answer. I remember vividly how nastily she looked at everyone - me included - and was clearly hating every moment of people turning up to buy her book. Such a shame as everyone else was very polite and quiet!

Not the first time I've read comments like that about her. Clearly thinks she's better than the rest of us.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nicest celebrities I've met are The Prodigy great group and so nice and polite Gentlemen :)
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An aquaintance of my H had a job chauffering people to the Open when it was in Hoylake. He met one guy he thought he knew and said hi to him. He smiled back and said hi, how are you? It turns out he did know him - it was George Clooney.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I know two people, both of whom have worked with Anna Friel (on separate occasions). One said she lovely and very warm to all of the crew, the other said she was snide, condescending and completely cold.

Just goes to show how one person can inspire such polarising opinions.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband's two grandchildren bumped into Harrison Ford at the weekend in a London street, from the photo on FB of Harrison crouched down next to the kids and smiling for the camera I'd say it was a pleasant encounter, I'd always thought he was a rather frosty character but was cleary in high spirits on Saturday!
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband's two grandchildren bumped into Harrison Ford at the weekend in a London street, from the photo on FB of Harrison crouched down next to the kids and smiling for the camera I'd say it was a pleasant encounter, I'd always thought he was a rather frosty character but was cleary in high spirits on Saturday!
    Filming Star Wars :o:o:o OMGOMG
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Filming Star Wars :o:o:o OMGOMG

The kids are aged about 6 and 8 didn't know who he was at the time, their dad had to explain he was 'Han Solo'!
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kids are aged about 6 and 8 didn't know who he was at the time, their dad had to explain he was 'Han Solo'!
    Soon they will know, the force will be with them :cool:.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Soon they will know, the force will be with them :cool:.

Well if they've got piccies - the Face will be with them!
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member

It has been said a few times (probably on this thread somewhere :P) that Harrison Ford is basically a big kid, and is much, much more natural and friendly when he is surrounded by children.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    It has been said a few times (probably on this thread somewhere :P) that Harrison Ford is basically a big kid, and is much, much more natural and friendly when he is surrounded by children.

The last time I saw him on a chat show he ( Harrison ford ) was friendly and great fun . I have just today bumped into Paul Hollywood in Jaguar showroom in Canterbury . He was nice and looks so much better in real life . I could never understand what all the women saw in him , but I can now . Didnt know he smokes , but he was when getting out of his car .
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An American Friends, teenage granddaughter took cancer and was offered a "Wish" thingie As she always adored Bill Cosby she chose to spend a day with him. Well, she came home gutted as she found him very rude and grumpy. Seemingly he showed little to no interest in her, and kept disappearing, hence she spent most of the day sitting on her own.
    She never would watch the Cosby Show again or anything he was in and she put me right off him too.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    An American Friends, teenage granddaughter took cancer and was offered a "Wish" thingie As she always adored Bill Cosby she chose to spend a day with him. Well, she came home gutted as she found him very rude and grumpy. Seemingly he showed little to no interest in her, and kept disappearing, hence she spent most of the day sitting on her own.
    She never would watch the Cosby Show again or anything he was in and she put me right off him too.

That is very sad, and I am gutted too as I've always really liked him! He brings back memories of a very special time for me.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Abi Titmuss in a local hotel after she'd been signing autographs in a pub. Totally down to earth, bought everyone a drink and was happy to talk.

OTOH I saw George Galloway a few months later and he was an arrogant jerk who made some flunky carry his case and the owner of the hotel said he was horrible.
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "OTOH I saw George Galloway a few months later and he was an arrogant jerk who made some flunky carry his case and the owner of the hotel said he was horrible. "

Doesn't surprise me. Complete oik.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »
    "OTOH I saw George Galloway a few months later and he was an arrogant jerk who made some flunky carry his case and the owner of the hotel said he was horrible. "

Doesn't surprise me. Complete oik.
    Horrible man who had a dubious taste in friends ( Saddam Hussein) and an egotist.
    Speaking of very unpleasant politicians, I did read an account of when Ted Heath visited Germany in the thirties and he found Heinrich Himmler totally evil and humourless.
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My aunt was telling me how she once got a couple of runners to knock on the trailer of Rik Mayall, to which he came out straight away and was extremely warm and kind to everyone there which doesn't surprise me as he was renowned for the way he treated his fans.

My dad once collected Boy George in his black taxi as well, he left his phone in the taxi and got his sister to call the phone to get to my dad, my dad dropped the phone back to Boy George and he gave him a nice little £75! My dad was thrilled
  • The SnowmanThe Snowman Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mam works in a hotel & restaurant and over the years she has had a few famous guests.

Roy Walker - According to her he was an OK enough guy though she got the impression he was quietly fuming that no knew who he was (None of them had ever heard of Catchphrase

Jack Charlton - A nice guy but also a bit tight because he doesn't leave a big tip

Liam Gallagher - Kept his head very low, didn't want to be recognised.
  • Bunnygirl66Bunnygirl66 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    I've met a fair few over the years so here is my list of a few of them:

Nice:
    Norman Cook and Zoe Ball- very normal and super friendly
    Peter Andre-One of the nicest guys
    Julie Walters-very undemanding and kept a low profile
    Jason Fleming-Normal and apologetic for the behaviour of his mate Jason (see not so nice list)
    Jonnie Irwin from A place in the Sun
    John Barnes-Very funny and nice
    Glenn Hoddle
    Gianni d'marco from Eastenders Friendly and unassuming
    Clive Owen Quiet and well behaved
    Phil Taylor-very approachable
    Sid Owen-Bit thick but very nice

Not so nice:
    Cilla Black-nothing more to add on this one-just vile
    Gary Linekar_Not much better than the above-so arrogant and rude-nothing like his public image
    Jason Statham-Arrogant A*se
    Beppe de marco (Eastenders) Nothing like his screen brother-loved himself
    Patsy Palmer-hanshake like a wet fish and very unfriendly
    Katie Price-say no more
    Jade Jagger-nasty piece of work
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Just heard from a friend who is a very small cog in the huge machine that is the Game of Thrones Production Juggernaut. He has met just about all the cast, although working on location means that he knows some cast members much better than others. There have been some comments about certain younger, female cast members being "difficult", but he says that actually there isn't a bad word to say about anybody. Sure, people are under pressure, tempers get frayed, people wake up with a headache (there is some serious drinking involved), but people is people. Some people just don't get along with other people, and not everyone likes the same things. He tells me that everyone is totally committed to the project and thoroughly professional.

He gave me his list of favourite people to work with, with the caveat that it really is hard to pick just a handful out of such a great cast (his comments in brackets, not mine):
    Julian Glover (like your favourite uncle), Charles Dance (very funny), Lena Hedley (fantastic, but cannot be trusted when she starts plotting with Dinklage), Peter Dinklage (= a god), Gwendoline Christie (VERY tall).

I have asked, pleaded, even begged for hints about Season 5. I offered my body and, when that didn't work, threatened him with my body. I've even tried the Mystic Sound Engineer's Handshake. Nothing. I am very disappointed with him.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    Just heard from a friend who is a very small cog in the huge machine that is the Game of Thrones Production Juggernaut. He has met just about all the cast, although working on location means that he knows some cast members much better than others. There have been some comments about certain younger, female cast members being "difficult", but he says that actually there isn't a bad word to say about anybody. Sure, people are under pressure, tempers get frayed, people wake up with a headache (there is some serious drinking involved), but people is people. Some people just don't get along with other people, and not everyone likes the same things. He tells me that everyone is totally committed to the project and thoroughly professional.

He gave me his list of favourite people to work with, with the caveat that it really is hard to pick just a handful out of such a great cast (his comments in brackets, not mine):
    Julian Glover (like your favourite uncle), Charles Dance (very funny), Lena Hedley (fantastic, but cannot be trusted when she starts plotting with Dinklage), Peter Dinklage (= a god), Gwendoline Christie (VERY tall).

I have asked, pleaded, even begged for hints about Season 5. I offered my body and, when that didn't work, threatened him with my body. I've even tried the Mystic Sound Engineer's Handshake. Nothing. I am very disappointed with him.

As a big GOT fan it's nice to hear they're all good people - Charles Dance has appeared on a few things recently and he does appear to have dry sense of humour although you've got to love a bloke who's prepared to read an extract of '50 Shades of Grey' on tv with a straight face.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clareiow wrote: »
    I believe my mum met Ted Heath when she was trying to get a housing transfer to where we currently live. He was our local MP and took up her case personally with the local authorities to ensure she got the move she needed ( she was really ill and wanted to be closer to her parents).
    From what I recall mum said he was a lovely man.
    He never created the impression of being nice when he was on television. He always seemed miserable and grumpy.
  • Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got told by someone who works on sets for programmes that jamie bell was defo not a ppl person and robbie coltrane was a arrogant. He said ewan mcgregor was really nice and down to earth