Does PS4 Wins 2014?

2»

Comments

• Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I'm not bothered about reviews (too biased & rigged imo) I'm talking about my personal preference.... They are **in another league** as far as I'm concerned & I've bought / played all the PS4 exclusives! ... Nowt compares! ;-)

Hurry up tombraider!!! :cool: :D

Hurry Up Uncharted :D

lol this topic is pointless. OP came in and ran away. People prefer uncharted to tomb raider and vice versa. Who wins?
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »

lol this topic is pointless. OP came in and ran away. People prefer uncharted to tomb raider and vice versa. Who wins?

Aye! ... It's all personal preferences (we ain't kids on here! ... live & let live!) ;-) ... I'm looking forward to LBP & uncharted aswell! :)
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye! ... It's all personal preferences (we ain't kids on here! ... live & let live!) ;-) ... I'm looking forward to LBP & uncharted aswell! :)

I am looking forward to both Tomb Raider and Uncharted, a pity Tomb Raider is an exclusive though...

My issue with buying an Xbox one is most of the games come to the PC so I can just play them there, because of that my next console will be a Wii U but only when it comes down a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I am looking forward to both Tomb Raider and Uncharted, a pity Tomb Raider is an exclusive though...

My issue with buying an Xbox one is most of the games come to the PC so I can just play them there, because of that my next console will be a Wii U but only when it comes down a bit.

Yep! ... If you've got a PC then an X1 isn't really necessary! :) ... BTW ... Bayonetta is class & well worth getting a WiiU for! :cool: ... By God nintendo can fire out some magnificent exclusives! :D
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wii U has been the most desirable console so far with games like MK8 and Bayonetta 2, but the next month has some of the biggest releases of the year so PS4 and Xbox One will have a stronger library by the end of the year, making debate slightly redundant until then.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wii U has ONE game I have any interest in. Bayonetta 2. I cannot abide Nintendo own IP's, except Zelda anx that's been poor since Gamecube days.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Wii U has ONE game I have any interest in. Bayonetta 2. I cannot abide Nintendo own IP's, except Zelda anx that's been poor since Gamecube days.

That'll be one more than PS4 and XboxOne, unless Remastered games float your boat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll be one more than PS4 and XboxOne, unless Remastered games float your boat.

Second Son. Multiplats. Unity.
    Don't mention PC, can't be bothered with PC gaming unless it's an MMO.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    Who won can be fairly subjective depending on what you were after.

For me I brought a PS4 in January & am extremely happy with it, Its got plenty of playtime this year with what I felt were some great AAA exclusives, Multiplats & Indies all of which I enjoyed.

There has been 2-3 times through the year where I could have got an XB1, But I've held off simply because there's nothing over there which I feel I really want right now & nothing really coming until Halo 5 (Don't care about MCC as I already own/have completed SP on all those games & don't really care about MP).

Meanwhile on PS4 both Pre-launch & since then there have been a dozen exclusives which i've wanted to play & to be honest none have really disappointed me. People keep going on about how the PS4 has no games or whatever, Yet I see a shelf/console full of games, Good games which I've enjoyed playing & I just don't see the supposed lack of games?
    Its the same with the PS+ titles, I now people complain about Indies & the retro/pixel-art look of a lot of them, But there have been quite a few of the PS4 PS+ games which i've really enjoyed through the year.

A friend of mine has an XB1 & i've played it a few times & its done nothing to really make me want one. Yes there are more features due to the regular updates but for me most of those things I don't really care about as all I want my console to do is play games so all those XB1 snap features, voice commands & all that are of no interest to me. Plus as i've said since it was unveiled I still cannot stand the look of the XB1 ui & I hate the way it works. The PS4 Ui isn't perfect but I prefer it to the XB1's in pretty much every single way.

I'll buy an XB1 next year, Probably a Halo 5 bundle but until then I don't see any reason to rush out & get one given how everything I want is on PS4 right now & how the PS4 doesn't what I want it to do & does all of that well.
    I plan to get a Wii U before the XB1 as there's already quite a few games I want for that with the recently released Bayonetta 2 topping the list.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep! ... If you've got a PC then an X1 isn't really necessary! :) ... BTW ... Bayonetta is class & well worth getting a WiiU for! :cool: ... By God nintendo can fire out some magnificent exclusives! :D

Yeah not to mention Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Shovel Knight... I certainly hope Santa is very good to me this year :D:p
  • RunawayGroomRunawayGroom Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say sales and thats about it. The ps4 and the xbone are both a joke for consoles that have been out a year.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »

Cant wait for Uncharted 4, massive fan of the series and wont be missing out :)

Tomb Raider and Uncharted are so similar I don't know how anyone could like one and not the other, both excellent adventure games. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah not to mention Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Shovel Knight... I certainly hope Santa is very good to me this year :D:p

They all look like crap to me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    They all look like crap to me!

:o ... Gameplay over graphics man! ;-) ... Mario3D was 1 of the best games of last year without a shadow of a doubt! :cool: ... You could argue the WiiU is technically shite but the exclusives are anything but! :p
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say sales and thats about it. The ps4 and the xbone are both a joke for consoles that have been out a year.

I wouldn't put it quite so hypercritically, but I largely agree.

As the owner of a PS4, there is little on it to shout and scream about. Most of the big titles have been multiplatform, and unfortunately none of them have been triple-A games. Destiny, Watch Dogs, Alien Isolation...they're good games, don't get me wrong. But they're not killer IPs. And they're all available on last-gen as well.

In terms of PS4 exclusives, there's not a lot to choose from. Driveclub is broken. Killzone is largely terrible. inFamous Second Son is enjoyable but can be 100% completed in less than 8 hours. It says it all that the best game currently available for PS4 is just a shinier version of the same game on PS3 (The Last of Us).

I fully expect both consoles to hit their stride in 2015 with both looking to have great line-ups (and the PS4 likely to launch Project Morpheus at some point as well). But as for 2014? The last-generation has more than held its own against both the PS4 and Xbone.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I think those who didn't buy an XB1 at launch will be happy of the MS ditching Kinect and lowering the price but the rest who got it at launch and paid extra for something that is little more than a paperweight now must be a tad annoying..

Not nessasarily true, those who bought the Kinect (obviouly we didn't have much of a choice) either liked it or didn't from day 1. The point is no games were ever on the radar as making great use of it outside of D4 and the usual suspects (Just Dance, Disney Fantasia and Kinect Sports Rivals). The best thing about Kinect IMO is the integration into the OS and the support is always being improved upon. For others it might be skype, or TwitchTV broadcasting.

I think once people got over the psychological barrier of anyone actually snooping in on them they could enjoy the device for what it was.
    Forum Member
    Id rather have the media player tbh! 👍 ... I bet shareplay will be next on microsofts firmware agenda tho! 😉

I hope not! I hope MS have nothing to do with game streaming. I think it's an idea full of fail. I hate it.

Glad you enjoyed Ryse though, it was a top game that was criminally underrated, I enjoyed it as much as I did Uncharted 2 and I don't care what anyone says. Dead Rising 3 is a modern day classic, considering how much of an evolution it is over 1&2 it should also of been better recieved. The fantastic "Super Ultra" DLC is also worthy of being a game in it's own right.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Killzone is largely terrible.
    I actually really liked Killzone. Thought the gameplay was solid, The story was fairly decent & I still occasionally jump onto the MP which is fun.
    Glad you enjoyed Ryse though, it was a top game that was criminally underrated, I enjoyed it as much as I did Uncharted 2 and I don't care what anyone says.
    I played it on my mate's XB1 earlier in the year & didn't like it but got given the PC version last week so have been playing through it.

Story is interesting, Graphics are stunning but the gameplay is just dull & repetitive. I feel like after the 1st hour i've already experienced every element of the gameplay & an hour later have not done anything new or different.

Only thing keeping me going through is the story which as I say is interesting & I want to see where it goes. But I can't see myself every playing it again once i've completed it.
    Forum Member
    Yep! ... If you've got a PC then an X1 isn't really necessary! :)

Unless you want to play Killer Instinct, D4, Sunset Overdrive, Forza motorsport 5, Forza Horizon 2, Halo: MCC.. etc. (and "etc" does mean something since there are plenty of other games next year like Platinum's upcoming Scalebound, Fable Legends, Forza 6, Crackdown, Gears of War, Quantum Break, Halo 5: Guardians, Phantom Dust, Screamride, Tomb Raider: RotTR)

Not to mention DR3 wasn't the best port and the "Super Ultra" DLC is also permanent X1 exclusive.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually really liked Killzone. Thought the gameplay was solid, The story was fairly decent & I still occasionally jump onto the MP which is fun.

I've only kept it for the multiplayer, which I thought was decent.

The single-player was diabolical. Poor story. Boring weapons. Punishingly difficult. I am the first to admit that I am not the best at FPS games but I found Shadow Fall the most frustrating one I've ever played. Simply not enough save/checkpoints and directions are totally unclear sometimes.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed shadow fall, didn't find it to difficult although some of the enemy AI was to canny for my liking, those spider things were very good at sniffing you out, which could be annoying.

Very enjoyable FPS that I played to the end, which is quite an achievement for me :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o ... Gameplay over graphics man! ;-) ... Mario3D was 1 of the best games of last year without a shadow of a doubt! :cool: ... You could argue the WiiU is technically shite but the exclusives are anything but! :p

I meant the games not the graphics! I cannot stand Mario.