Options

Robinson's Orange Squash

Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I see Robinson have stopped production of 'normal' orange squash. From now on they'll only be selling 'no added sugar' squash...which is incredibly annoying. Some of us want added sugar - as opposed to horrible sweeteners.

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,926
    Forum Member
    Presumably the sales weren't high enough to justify selling it.
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the orange barley water is the only one worth drinking the squash has a terrible chemical taste to it :( why is the barley one hard to get in a lot of places ?
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a lot of these sugar free drinks have Aspartame in, I rather have the sugar to be honest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    a lot of these sugar free drinks have Aspartame in, I rather have the sugar to be honest

Nothing wrong with Aspartame for most people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Aspartame for most people.

I suggest you do a bit of research then.
  • Options
    spikejspikej Posts: 3,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be really hard to get fruit squash that does contain sugar now! Sainsburys recently discontinued my favourite full sugar Lemon squash :-(
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »

So you think because the NHS says it is safe i should believe them? Not going to happen. The NHS only goes by what information they get.

Too much crap in our food and drinks anyway, i thought we was getting out of this artificial this and artificial that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you think because the NHS says it is safe i should believe them? Not going to happen. The NHS only goes by what information they get.

Too much crap in our food and drinks anyway, i thought we was getting out of this artificial this and artificial that.

I doubt you'll believe anything about anything that does not fit your personal agenda; you've got some issues.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I stopped buying Robinsons years ago and swapped for Blossom Cottage.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer no sugar drinks sainsburys basics orange is my favourite but I think they should have the alternatives available, many people don't get on with aspartame and other artificial sweeteners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Make your own cordials, its not hard and they taste good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt you'll believe anything about anything that does not fit your personal agenda; you've got some issues.

I could say the same about you. It goes both ways.

I do have food and drink with aspartame, but I do try and avoid it if I can. There are alternatives available, but no doubt the suppliers of Aspartame gives a good discount to keep it on the market.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    I prefer no sugar drinks sainsburys basics orange is my favourite but I think they should have the alternatives available, many people don't get on with aspartame and other artificial sweeteners.

It is about choice at the end of the day.
    The problem is people just buy and buy and never look what chemicals they are digesting.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Thing is these drinks are still sweet - only sweetened with disgusting artificial sweeteners.
    It will do nothing to prevent children etc craving sweet things.

For me if I'm having something sweet like a glass of squash I want it to be honest about what it is - honest and natural and consumed in moderation.
    What's wrong with that philosophy??

Far better than the 'drink how much you like becuase it's no added sugar' idea implicit in these decisions.

I do not knowingly touch anything containing aspartame in any case.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Thing is these drinks are still sweet - only sweetened with disgusting artificial sweeteners.
    It will do nothing to prevent children etc craving sweet things.

For me if I'm having something sweet like a glass of squash I want it to be honest about what it is - honest and natural and consumed in moderation.
    What's wrong with that philosophy??

Far better than the 'drink how much you like becuase it's no added sugar' idea implicit in these decisions.

I do not knowingly touch anything containing aspartame in any case.

Well I drink squash a lot, it's nothing to do with craving sweet things much more to do with not liking the taste of our tap water, and the doctor said I need to keep hydrated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I drink squash a lot, it's nothing to do with craving sweet things much more to do with not liking the taste of our tap water, and the doctor said I need to keep hydrated.

Yes, only now your choice of having normal squash and squash filled with chemicals is gradually being withdrawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suggest you do a bit of research then.

No, I suggest you stop believing every crackpot thing you see on the internet. Aspartame is one of the most tested food substances in history and it has been proven safe again and again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, I suggest you stop believing every crackpot thing you see on the internet. Aspartame is one of the most tested food substances in history and it has been proven safe again and again.

I have a reaction to it and therefore avoid it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    I have a reaction to it and therefore avoid it.

Indeed. I acknowledged that in my original post, like anything there are people who are allergic to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I got myself a jug filter from Argos 6 months for £12.99 and that includes the jog, cheaper than Brita and does the same job.
    I got to drink lots of water as well and hated the taste of ours until a mate of mine recommended this product.

It does make a difference, a couple of friends that have been up notice that their cup of tea or coffee is nicer and have now got the same product.
    I noticed my coffee is far better now and the water do not have a nasty taste to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They say that about a lot of things and then a few years later they say oh we was wrong, it is bad for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got myself a jug filter from Argos 6 months for £12.99 and that includes the jog, cheaper than Brita and does the same job.
    I got to drink lots of water as well and hated the taste of ours until a mate of mine recommended this product.

It does make a difference, a couple of friends that have been up notice that their cup of tea or coffee is nicer and have now got the same product.
    I noticed my coffee is far better now and the water do not have a nasty taste to.

Those cheap filters are no good really. Save your pennies and buy
    http://berkey-waterfilters.co.uk/products/big-berkey-water-filter-system?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0fOoBRDn88Pol8bqhN0BEiQARGVJKk6rCJBihtjqHkLA65H1huLPFMz2Q30KSkla0MH2D2IaAg6P8P8HAQ

We've used one for years as our supply can run a bit cloudy at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They say that about a lot of things and then a few years later they say oh we was wrong, it is bad for you.

So are you avoiding every single food and drink out there just incase?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you really think I would drink that much water? With the smaller ones at least I can renew the water everyday or sometimes trwice.

I have no complaints about the filter, the water taste a lot better. We do not have cloudy water, just horrid taste. Maybe it is because if comes from Wales and have to travel so far. :)

Anyway that thing you have got is far too expensive.