It Was Always Obvious...

opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
Forum Member
✭✭✭
that Tom was going to win otherwise he would have been ejected ages ago due to his poor showing on the tasks. What strikes me as ironic though is his complete lack of skill at inventing as well. Ergonomic chairs have been around for years.

I think it may well be revealed fairly soon that the curved nail file is a one hit wonder or has he sold Sugar's company the distribution rights?

Comments

• vanzandtfanvanzandtfan Posts: 8,897
    Forum Member
    TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if the chair never goes into production. All four business plans were poor, but Tom, with guidance from LAS, can come up with something that will work. The other three couldn't
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    opal88 wrote: »
    What strikes me as ironic though is his complete lack of skill at inventing as well.

How do you know this? Judging from the final alone? He has loads of ideas but that was the one he went with for the final. He would have others soon enough as well.
  • opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's probably true but I think Lord Sugar decided that in programme 2 or 3. That's why it feels like a put up job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know this? Judging from the final alone? He has loads of ideas but that was the one he went with for the final. He would have others soon enough as well.

He couldn't design a biscuit that anyone wanted to eat for a start and he also referred to himself as a genius, for latching on to a mis-spelled logo,'MyPy.'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, looks like the nail file belongs to Sralan now. Now we know why Tom was kept in all those weeks.I foresee the straight corkscrew coming next.
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    It was obvious, after a certain point, that Tom was going to be in the final. I wasn't sure he would win though I am pleased he did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    It was obvious that Tom was going to win when he sat in the left chair. The 'you're hired' preview clip from the end of the last episode completely gave it away.
  • flossieblossomflossieblossom Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    It was clear that Sir lan liked him, but I think he was sure all Helen had to do was turn up in the final to win it. He never thought for a minute that she would mess up so badly. Also, if he watched the footage, he would have seen how unpleasant she was about all the others behind their backs during the interview day.
    She let herself down.
  • Mr PoeticMr Poetic Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @opal

I was thinking that myself. Seemed like something too obvious not to already be in production
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    opal88 wrote: »
    that Tom was going to win otherwise he would have been ejected ages ago due to his poor showing on the tasks. What strikes me as ironic though is his complete lack of skill at inventing as well. Ergonomic chairs have been around for years.

I think it may well be revealed fairly soon that the curved nail file is a one hit wonder or has he sold Sugar's company the distribution rights?

He didn't just plan a standard ergonomic chair though - it was one that would measure the stress on the back and adjust automatically accordingly.

I'm not saying it's a good idea. I don't think it is. BUT, it was an attempt to bring an original product to the market which is how new businesses work and is way more than Helen or Jim had in their plans.

I think Sugar saw that although the product was no good Tom had thought out how to manufacture it and bring it to market. Contrast that with Helen who just copied an idea that hundreds of companies already do. We've been offered so many concierge service companies at our company that I've lost count. I said on another thread we've got rid of the one we used as its tough economic times and in times like these people can phone the doctor themselves instead of paying someone to do it.

None of us can comment on how good an inventor Tom is as we haven't seen all his ideas/products/profits/losses etc etc etc.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didn't just plan a standard ergonomic chair though - it was one that would measure the stress on the back and adjust automatically accordingly.

I'm not saying it's a good idea. I don't think it is. BUT, it was an attempt to bring an original product to the market which is how new businesses work and is way more than Helen or Jim had in their plans.

I think Sugar saw that although the product was no good Tom had thought out how to manufacture it and bring it to market. Contrast that with Helen who just copied an idea that hundreds of companies already do. We've been offered so many concierge service companies at our company that I've lost count. I said on another thread we've got rid of the one we used as its tough economic times and in times like these people can phone the doctor themselves instead of paying someone to do it.

None of us can comment on how good an inventor Tom is as we haven't seen all his ideas/products/profits/losses etc etc etc.

He's hardly going to display his best ideas on the show for all the world to see before they go into production!
  • cookie_365cookie_365 Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kellan_x wrote: »
    It was obvious that Tom was going to win when he sat in the left chair. The 'you're hired' preview clip from the end of the last episode completely gave it away.
    Perhaps Helen also sat in that chair when they filmed her 'youre hired' reaction?