Nicki Minaj Appreciation Thread

delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Think it's time we need one for all Nicki news. She's on every track these days.

Your Love is no.14 on the Hot 100!

No.85 on iTunes here, without airplay or the video being on Tv! Word of mouth...namely Queen Nicki's!

Whether her album will be a big hit, I'm unsure. But one thing is for sure, I lover her! :p

Comments

• delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yo Sean, you Mr Kingston...love this tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upNo6Ef2gcg
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Love Nicki. I think her album will do well as she has had so much hype and collabs like Drake has but whether i like it or not is a different story.

She reminds me of Lisa Lopez. Eve has been MIA from the scene in quite a while and the rap scene has needed a good shake up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome thread! Nicki is the shit. Hopefully she gets promoted over here well and becomes well known enough in the uk for a tour!
  • timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost-boy wrote: »
    Awesome thread! Nicki is the shit. Hopefully she gets promoted over here well and becomes well known enough in the uk for a tour!

If "2012" does well in the UK it should be good for here. Thats what cash money/young money are trying to do slowly take their acts outside america
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 is the only Nicki featured song I hate! Even she can't save Jay Sean...can't polish a turd!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's no kim, try as she might.

if kim forgives her then i might also, but until then get your own style love.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's no kim, try as she might.

if kim forgives her then i might also, but until then get your own style love.

Why do people compare her to LiL Kim, look she is just another female rapper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timperry26 wrote: »

she stole her look (colourful wigs, slutty clothes) and even kim herself is annoyed that her image has been stolen, that's what their arguement is all about.

if kim herself thinks that her style's been pinched then who are we to disagree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Love, love, love Nicki! Hope she makes it as big in the UK as she is the US. I love her collaboration with Usher also her collab with Sean Kingston.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timperry26 wrote: »

Well i don't think she should be compared to lil kim but boy it is nice that a female music artist is being compared to someone other than lady gaga :)
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicki is amazing she is my star od 2010 she really has amazed me and in a short space of time too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she stole her look (colourful wigs, slutty clothes) and even kim herself is annoyed that her image has been stolen, that's what their arguement is all about.

if kim herself thinks that her style's been pinched then who are we to disagree.

I can see this getting really childish now, just like 50cent beef with rick ross.

Well rick ross's album did not flop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I only listen to songs because of her. Like, 2012 with Jay Sean and Bottoms Up with Trey Songz. I absolutely love her verse on Up All Night, too.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I love Nicki Minaj. She's made a huge impact. A lot I of people like some of the features she's in soley because she has a verse in it. She hardly ever disspoints to. I love Massive attack and think it should have done a lot better than it has.
    Forum Member
    She totally steals Woo Hoo for me by Xtina and she made Up out my face an improvement for Mariah.

Your love is a solid track from her but for me isn't enough to buy the album so with her album out in November, we should be getting a second single soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicki is the QUEEN of rap end of. Actually, she's just the supreme ruler of rap - shits all over half the male rappers! Hope YL gets top 10 here and the US
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    She totally steals Woo Hoo for me by Xtina and she made Up out my face an improvement for Mariah.

Your love is a solid track from her but for me isn't enough to buy the album so with her album out in November, we should be getting a second single soon.

Your love is the second single, massive attack was the first single. Promo single Right through Me is due for release soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Do you think anyone could put together a list of all her featured appearances? Or maybe I can find one on Wikipedia or somewhere like that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    medulla_86 wrote: »
    Do you think anyone could put together a list of all her featured appearances? Or maybe I can find one on Wikipedia or somewhere like that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicki_Minaj_discography
  • GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for her album. My Love is :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her, especially on WooHoo and Up Out My Face. But none of her solo material has got me excited yet, I'll definately give her album a listen though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it lives up to expectations.
    Forum Member
    Nicki Minaj has married drake?
    What the hell is with that
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Nicki Minaj has married drake?
    What the hell is with that

so i heard good luck to them i suppose.