Options

Hawaii Five O

eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive always thought one of the best TV opening credits was Hawaii Five O. The camera on the helicopter zooming in on Steve/Jack as he turns, the hip-shaking girls, the close-ups on the statues, the great full-orchestra sound.
So I was interested to see what they would do for the 2010 series. Ye Gods!! The pilot is on you tube,,and the orchestra has been replaced by a old twangy guitar. Its terrible. Would it be changed for the full series?
Well, Ive just seen the first 5 minutes of episode 2.
Good news - the full orchestra is back! Hurrah.
Bad news. Originally 60 seconds, the opening is now only 30 seconds (why do TV companies hate opening credits??). They try to pay homage to the original but in only half a minute it looks messy and rushed.

Comments

• Options
    PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was addicted to this show as a kid, I doubt the new version will be as good - no Jack Lord. I wonder if they keep saying "book 'em, Danno".
  • Options
    TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my daughter was little I used to bath her, put her in her cot and then settle down with a cuppa to watch it on a Friday night. It is one of my happiest memories.
    I'd love a re run of the original.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw some of it on Youtube and I liked it. I must admit I'm a bit biased since Alex O'Loughlin (from the vampire series 'Moonlight') is playing the role of Steve McGarrett (sp)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Im following at US Pace and loving it. Like the blend of action comedy and drama. Also, beautiful Hawaii shots and sexy beach girls. Its easy viewing too. It has definitely become my "Fun TV Show" for the new TV season.

We have a US Pace thread on the Cult Boards in case any of you want to join us on there.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supposed to be launching here on Bravo in October (they keep plugging it).

But Sky have bought and axed the channel along with Channel One (both closing January apparently).

In doing so they have said that programming will be moved to Sky's channels (including Living, which they also bought but are keeping on.)

So not yet clear if it will start and vanish mid series on Bravo (its doing well enough in the US to suggest it might get a full series run).

Or be put onto Sky 1 instead.
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good show so far. Plenty of action and also light hearted scenes.
    Great locations too.