Options

The Walking Dead - Season 4 (UK Pace)

Comments

• Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ....you know what - this has kinda grated on me from the start! Right back when Rick awoke in that hospital bed with zombies walking all over the place!

I've always wanted to know how this whole thing started and how he came to be in the hospital in the first place - but its never been explained (unless I missed something!!:confused:)

Rick was in hospital because he had been shot and was put into a coma.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....you know what - this has kinda grated on me from the start! Right back when Rick awoke in that hospital bed with zombies walking all over the place!

I've always wanted to know how this whole thing started and how he came to be in the hospital in the first place - but its never been explained (unless I missed something!!:confused:)

Watch this first ever episode
  • Options
    SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I'd really liked the prison episodes this season, but the governor episode ranks amongst the worst of the entire series. Awful from start to finish, the Governor is not supposed to be sympathetic, he's the Governor.
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The governor episodes have IMO added nothing to the story. I am hating it ATM.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea - really looking forward to Season 4 tonight. The only thing I can't stand is them annoying Joop adverts in every break....!!!!

Totally agree! Take the ads out! Its the same with American Horror Story.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    aggielane wrote: »
    Rick was in hospital because he had been shot and was put into a coma.
    burton07 wrote: »
    Watch this first ever episode

...still doesn't explain how the zombie outbreak came about though?! He just woke up, and they were there...........?!
  • Options
    batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...still doesn't explain how the zombie outbreak came about though?! He just woke up, and they were there...........?!

No but it does answer one of your questions. I'm assuming you really wasn't paying attention to the first episode as the setup is not subtle. I'd rather the zombie outbreak not be explained. It can ruin things. Trying to explain super powers in Heroes, Flash Forward, even the LOST finale failed to please a lot of people. Any explanation will fail to live up to the very high expectations of people who seem to moan about everything.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

There has only been one!
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you know it hasn't added anything to the story? It is probably a major part of the rest of the series.

I thought it was a great episdode, It looked like the girl brought back the human being within the governor, although you know there still lurks the very black side within him but he's a much more of a multi dimentional character now.

The best episode of the season so far, a story within a story, and a good antidote to the never ending shots of the zombies against the prison fence.on all the episodes before.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Trying to explain super powers in Heroes, Flash Forward, even the LOST finale failed to please a lot of people

.....I remember Flash Forward - I got well into that series - until they decided to can it after just 2 seasons, and they didn't even bother to finish the story! Left everybody hanging..........!!!!

I also watch Revolution on Sky and I often think how that show seems similar to The Walking Dead! In almost every outdoor scene in Revolution, where cars, buildings, property, etc has been vandalized or just left to rot, I can just picture a zombie horde emerging from right around the corner.....!!!
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We were watching events unfold from Ricks' point of view. We don't know any more than he does. That is how stories are.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member

it was a bit boring except for the old folks home bit which made me laugh as the zombies were so dilapidated ...the shows going in a downward spiral since andrea was stupidly killed off the shows not been the same..
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    it was a bit boring except for the old folks home bit which made me laugh as the zombies were so dilapidated ...the shows going in a downward spiral since andrea was stupidly killed off the shows not been the same..

There were some annoyingly inept zombies in that episode , were they supposed to be extra hungry or something ?
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arguably the CDC episode explained too much. It said definitively, with science, that zombies couldn't be cured. If we hadn't already known that, the season 2 arc with Herschel's barn would have been more ambiguous.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Arguably the CDC episode explained too much. It said definitively, with science, that zombies couldn't be cured. If we hadn't already known that, the season 2 arc with Herschel's barn would have been more ambiguous.

Didn't that Wildfire episode appear to show a potential cure before the lab got contaminated then self destructed ?
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ As I recall someone else was mentioned as making progress on it; I think the French; and it may have been an inoculation or some such that you apply to live people, rather than a cure for people already dead and zombified.
  • Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant say Im enjoying this season much. Too many of the old favourites been killed off and replaced with folk we dont really get to know therefore dont give a damn about. Lily was hot however
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Producers have said they'll never explore that & have recommended watching the remake of 'Dawn Of The Dead'

As for what caused the outbreak... That gets done in plenty of zombie films etc. These guys are regular people who will more than likely never discover what caused it. I like it that way.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd really liked the prison episodes this season, but the governor episode ranks amongst the worst of the entire series. Awful from start to finish, the Governor is not supposed to be sympathetic, he's the Governor.

Yes, I'm sure an "he's evil because he's evil" character would be soooooooo much more interesting. I believe he's being set up as the "middle ground" Rick good, Governor/Brian bad guy able to do good, and we're going to get an "evil for the sake of evil" guy as the main bad guy.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martinez and the other chap who abandoned the Governor that night, somehow in a large pick-up that made no sound...well, those two are pretty industrious chaps aren't they?

That hole in the ground was a fair old size for two guys to dig, on their own, with just shovels, out of sight of any approaching walkers.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Martinez and the other chap who abandoned the Governor that night, somehow in a large pick-up that made no sound...well, those two are pretty industrious chaps aren't they?

That hole in the ground was a fair old size for two guys to dig, on their own, with just shovels, out of sight of any approaching walkers.

My immediate thought was that they were back at Woodberry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    My immediate thought was that they were back at Woodberry

The Governer burnt Woodbury to the ground - You saw that in the last episode.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    The Governer burnt Woodbury to the ground - You saw that in the last episode.

but the pits were outside the town.........maybe they were in the general area of Woodberry
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I'm guessing it's those ex-Woodburys' (ones that went with Governor) who've been using the traps to capture walkers them herding them to the fence at the prison in the night. I'm guessing they want the prison? I can't see them re-introducing them without intentions for hostility, I just I hope we don't move into season three 2.0. From what we've seen in earlier episodes and has been mentioned even earlier there's some pretty big walker herds wandering around. You've gotta be living somewhere pretty sturdy to survive that.

Why they haven't found a tower building or something, I've no idea. One with a big roof to grow plants and get sun, with quick escapes fitted, multiple redundancies set in on each floor to block off walker/human hostilities. It's common sense. Likely only brand new walkers could tackle stairs.

I assume the new spinoff will be set in a different state entirely? I'd like to have seen a Walking Dead UK or something, but eh.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    enjoyed tonight's episode, nice to see the old governor that we are used to is back, looks like it going to be a fab mid season finale next week :D