Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK after a few more games I think I can give a reasonable opinion.

It just plays like every other FIFA game except shinier. It could well be a bug ridden mess, you wont find that from the demo. The cut scenes after the ball goes out of play every time are annoying, this is more EA trying to give it a realistic feel but everybody will skip them every time. Its just a waste.

Worryingly I had an offside call against me when I was clearly onside. Now I know that, yes its football and maybe that is what they are going for (more realism) but for that to work the game would have to show me a reply, showing the lino made a terrible call. I stopped the game to look at the replay myself. If it was online I would never have known. Commentators said nothing. So I believe its an error on EA's behalf. If they got the offisde rule wrong then we could be in trouble.

Also another thing, I played a through ball and it was obvious the keeper would get it, so I cancelled my run, R2/L2. Player stopped, ball rolls to the keeper and then the ref calls offside. I was nowhere near the ball nor the keeper. In no way should that have been offisde, the keeper had the ball in his hand the game should have played on. But no, whistle blow, game stop. That is another issue that hasn't been addressed form the past.

All in all the game is ok. I probably will get it as long as friends are.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I will try and address some of your points. I have played 3 games so far all with different teams. Nowhere near enough to find out the game is really like, but I have an early impression.

First up your claim that it is more of the same. It is more of the same. Its football. And you don't expect EA to change its winning formula? They are not the ones losing this race. Come on, use your head.

so thats ok? as end user shouldnt your priority be gameplay? why are you saying use my head? i use my head as a player not as someone who works for the company.

Slow how? I am pinging balls with ease and speed. Really I am. I can slow it down passing it at the back to almost tika taka. Any faster would we would be back to the pinball days.

i find them slower than real life passes, all in a straight line too, leads to zig zag passing football

You can set passing to manual if you want, you cant get more freedom that that. Also what is wrong with passing to a player behind you?

nothing wrong with passing behind you, but when your on a counter it makes sense to pass ball infront of a team mate to not lose momentum, this is sort of REAL football stuff that EA AI doesnt do well

I doubt any player feels "realistic". Every player is the exact same model with their stats adjusted.

yeh in fifa........in pes they move the same way, they looks the same and most importantly you feel like you are controlling the real life counterpart. if i get ball with messi i know i can try a jink and shot ala argentina vs iran in WC. however if i got the ball with biglia i would probably try to pass it to messi or someone like aguerro to try a long ranger, in fifa you can run and shoot same with everyone. try it in demo, xavi is like usain bolt.

I agree there isn't much to tweek, but its the demo. I don't know what will be in the full release, but knowing EA you wont be getting anything near Football Manager's level of Micromanagement. But then FIFA is supposed to be a pick up and play Arcade style football game. If we had a realistic football game it would be boring.

i owned fifa 13, the tactical options are slim, its a headache to even move a player an inch to left or right on pitch screen. PES you can change so much stuff from high/deep lines to wingers swapping to centre backs going up front and having people cover them etc.

Shooting was fine for me. Hitting them with all sorts of power and direction.

fair enough, i felt shots were underhit personally.

Yes it will be end to end stuff and that is what EA want. Excitement for the whole match. Realistic? Not really but then again you are playing a 90 min match compressed in 6 minutes.

so can we agree pes is for football connoisseurs then? who want to build up and score satisfying goals? not saying pes is super realistic either but build up play should never be ommited. variety of goals is a great thing to have.

Well you are playing AI on a fairly easy setting. I would try it on Professional or World Class or wait until you played onine before saying how easy dribbling is. Yes you can just wiggle the right stick and you may luckily pull off a skill move but more often than not if you try it on a harder setting you will be dispossessed.

world class on fifa has an almost cheating by AI feel to it as others have noted. you dont get beat by a better team, you get beat cos every tackle you make is scripted to bounce back to the computer etc

I care what you think. As for it being a top seller, have you seen the opposition? (of course you have). There is no competition. Everybody bar the hardest of die hard fans will recognise FIFA overtook PES at the start of the last generation. You can sit there and tell yourself PES was better last year or the year before but from somebody who has played every PES from ISSD up to PES 6, it is not the better game. It was once, id really did make FIFA look like it was for kids while adults played PES, but sadly not anymore. Well I havnt played the PES demo yet so there is hope.

fifa overtook in sales. yet to do so in gameplay

OK after a few more games I think I can give a reasonable opinion.

It just plays like every other FIFA game except shinier. It could well be a bug ridden mess, you wont find that from the demo. The cut scenes after the ball goes out of play every time are annoying, this is more EA trying to give it a realistic feel but everybody will skip them every time. Its just a waste.

Worryingly I had an offside call against me when I was clearly onside. Now I know that, yes its football and maybe that is what they are going for (more realism) but for that to work the game would have to show me a reply, showing the lino made a terrible call. I stopped the game to look at the replay myself. If it was online I would never have known. Commentators said nothing. So I believe its an error on EA's behalf. If they got the offisde rule wrong then we could be in trouble.

Also another thing, I played a through ball and it was obvious the keeper would get it, so I cancelled my run, R2/L2. Player stopped, ball rolls to the keeper and then the ref calls offside. I was nowhere near the ball nor the keeper. In no way should that have been offisde, the keeper had the ball in his hand the game should have played on. But no, whistle blow, game stop. That is another issue that hasn't been addressed form the past.

All in all the game is ok. I probably will get it as long as friends are.

i agree with alot of this, its a 6/10 game but will sell out, way of the world.

fifa is x factor
    pes is breaking bad

in terms of quality and UK audience.

thank you for your post btw.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Been playing the demo as I'm off work today. Last gen, so don't get all arsey with me. PS3, Professional and up level.

For those of us out there still very much happy with the last gen for gaming, for me this FIFA is pretty much the same as the last one, and I didn't care for that much. I play single player, don't venture online, and it seems to me that there is little change for those of us who game solo. AI has seemingly seen little to no improvement at all. Player switching still hasn't seen any change in how many years, and can kill the game stone-dead. So maybe worth it if you play online a lot and all your mates have it. For us Billy No-Mates gamers, stay with the FIFA you last liked best, and maybe take a look at PES this year.

Cue PS4 snobs having a go...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Been playing the demo as I'm off work today. Last gen, so don't get all arsey with me. PS3, Professional and up level.

For those of us out there still very much happy with the last gen for gaming, for me this FIFA is pretty much the same as the last one, and I didn't care for that much. I play single player, don't venture online, and it seems to me that there is little change for those of us who game solo. AI has seemingly seen little to no improvement at all. Player switching still hasn't seen any change in how many years, and can kill the game stone-dead. So maybe worth it if you play online a lot and all your mates have it. For us Billy No-Mates gamers, stay with the FIFA you last liked best, and maybe take a look at PES this year.

Cue PS4 snobs having a go...

Nobody is going to have a go for still having last gen. I wish I still had mine. Sold it to fund my PS4 and I have now I have no good games to play. Well I got Destiny today so maybe that changes.
    Forum Member
    Nobody is going to have a go for still having last gen. I wish I still had mine. Sold it to fund my PS4 and I have now I have no good games to play. Well I got Destiny today so maybe that changes.

It's only because someone had a go at me last time I mentioned it, and accused me of "holding back development".

Sheesh...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    fifa overtook in sales. yet to do so in gameplay

i agree with alot of this, its a 6/10 game but will sell out, way of the world.

fifa is x factor
    pes is breaking bad

in terms of quality and UK audience.

thank you for your post btw.

If FIFA is Xfactor then PES was Breaking bad in 2005. Not any more though. Everybody agrees its nowhere near what it was or should be these days. You cant compare todays PES to Breaking Bad. A realistic comparison would be Xfactor and Big Brother. Used to great many years ago, a shambles today.
    so thats ok? as end user shouldnt your priority be gameplay? why are you saying use my head? i use my head as a player not as someone who works for the company.
    Of course my priority would be gameplay. Every year I say FIFA could have been better, and every year I have a list and I'm certain if you went into the old FIFA threads I would be there complaining. And Im sure the Devs would agree but the next thing they would ask is, How do I suspend time to work on all these features because the game has to be shipped by X date. You see Im realistic, if you gave them enough time Im sure the Devs would make a far better game, but EA wont give them that time. Is it wrong? Yes. Are EA greedy money hungry *****? Yes.
    i find them slower than real life passes, all in a straight line too, leads to zig zag passing football
    I can play simple short pases with the outside of my foot and watch it curl. Not every pass is straight, if the player is in front then yes it will be.
    nothing wrong with passing behind you, but when your on a counter it makes sense to pass ball infront of a team mate to not lose momentum, this is sort of REAL football stuff that EA AI doesn't do well
    Yes EA just cannot get a proper counter attack going, they never could. I would be breaking and my players would stand still. Off the ball AI has been shocking. Which is why on clubs when you have 4 people on the same team the AI has to cheat to keep things fair. Like making you miss simple lay off passes or missing form 2 years out unmarked.
    yeh in fifa........in pes they move the same way, they looks the same and most importantly you feel like you are controlling the real life counterpart. if i get ball with messi i know i can try a jink and shot ala argentina vs iran in WC. however if i got the ball with biglia i would probably try to pass it to messi or someone like aguerro to try a long ranger, in fifa you can run and shoot same with everyone. try it in demo, xavi is like usain bolt.
    Pace has always been an issue in FIFA and they just cant work out how to fix it. Like I said earlier they even resorted to cheating a few years back by completely ignoring pace stats and have players like Demichelis actually catch Messi. Not keeping up with him but actually catching him after he has a yard headstart.
    i owned fifa 13, the tactical options are slim, its a headache to even move a player an inch to left or right on pitch screen. PES you can change so much stuff from high/deep lines to wingers swapping to centre backs going up front and having people cover them etc.
    Tactics are not EA's strong point. They never will be. They seem to want to make an Arcade style feel, which is fine but not very realistic. I'm also pretty sure if you could put your players where you wanted you could totally destroy the AI and they wouldn't know who to defend.
    so can we agree PES is for football connoisseurs then? who want to build up and score satisfying goals? not saying PES is super realistic either but build up play should never be omitted. variety of goals is a great thing to have.
    No, it was the game for football connoisseurs, years ago, back in the PS2 days. Its not anymore its simply not a good game. PES on PS2? Absolutely. There is no game for for football connoisseurs anymore its not PES nor FIFA, in fact it would probably be Football Manager.
    world class on fifa has an almost cheating by AI feel to it as others have noted. you dont get beat by a better team, you get beat cos every tackle you make is scripted to bounce back to the computer etc
    Oh yes, EA love to cheat their players. Its how they develop. Every problem in the previous FIFA was fixed by a cheat in the next one. When people complained about pace they just ignored the stat and made the slow player just catch the fast player. When people complained about breaking down the wings and passing to an unmarked player in the box, they made that pass simply miss the player. Which resulted in what should be a bread and butter pass going straight to the keeper. It didn't matter who passed it.

In fact writing the above paragraph gave me deja vu. I was certain I wrote something similar years back. So I dug this up from 25/10/2012 (Which is a month into FIFA 13) From the FIFA forums
    Pace is so great because EA simply are not smart enough to balance the game. They just cannot do it. They are simply incompetent. Look at some of the previous problems.

In FIFA 10 people complained about the simple sweaty cutback goals. So what do EA do for FIFA 11? Better AI to cut out the pass? Defenders who actually stay goal side/ball side? Nope, they make passing around the box have a much higher chance to misplace the pass. Which results in absurd 2 yard passes to an unmarked player miss. Unrealistic feature by incompetent Game developers

In FIFA 11 when people complained about through ball and over the top through ball abuse, what do EA do for FIFA 12? Make the AI stay close to attacker to cut out the pass? Make the AI track the runner force him away from goal? Nope they make 95% of through balls go straight to the other team. You could be 2 on 1 on the counter attack your team-mate makes a run and he is clear with half the pitch to him himself, there is just one defender between him and you. Your grandmother could make this pass, in fact you cant not play him in on goal, the ball just has to go anywhere on the whole pitch except the one defender standing between both of you. This isn't your grandmother this is Pirlo he cant * this up. Through ball----> straight to the defender, he didn't even have to run to intercept. Unrealistic feature by incompetent Game developers

Also in FIFA 11 people complained about pace abuse, (much like this one), what did EA do for FIFA 12? They made defenders catch the attackers irregardless of what their pace stats were. John Terry would easily make 2 yards on Messi and catch him before he reached the goal. Unrealistic feature by incompetent Game developers

So expecting anything intelligent from EA in terms of a proper football solution to any of their problems wont happen. Just expect the easy fix all the time. "Our defensive AI is as good as team of blind players so we will introduce bad first touch to balance it" Unrealistic feature by incompetent Game developers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If FIFA is Xfactor then PES was Breaking bad in 2005. Not any more though. Everybody agrees its nowhere near what it was or should be these days. You cant compare todays PES to Breaking Bad. A realistic comparison would be Xfactor and Big Brother. Used to great many years ago, a shambles today.

Of course my priority would be gameplay. Every year I say FIFA could have been better, and every year I have a list and I'm certain if you went into the old FIFA threads I would be there complaining. And Im sure the Devs would agree but the next thing they would ask is, How do I suspend time to work on all these features because the game has to be shipped by X date. You see Im realistic, if you gave them enough time Im sure the Devs would make a far better game, but EA wont give them that time. Is it wrong? Yes. Are EA greedy money hungry *****? Yes.

I can play simple short pases with the outside of my foot and watch it curl. Not every pass is straight, if the player is in front then yes it will be.

Yes EA just cannot get a proper counter attack going, they never could. I would be breaking and my players would stand still. Off the ball AI has been shocking. Which is why on clubs when you have 4 people on the same team the AI has to cheat to keep things fair. Like making you miss simple lay off passes or missing form 2 years out unmarked.

Pace has always been an issue in FIFA and they just cant work out how to fix it. Like I said earlier they even resorted to cheating a few years back by completely ignoring pace stats and have players like Demichelis actually catch Messi. Not keeping up with him but actually catching him after he has a yard headstart.

Tactics are not EA's strong point. They never will be. They seem to want to make an Arcade style feel, which is fine but not very realistic. I'm also pretty sure if you could put your players where you wanted you could totally destroy the AI and they wouldn't know who to defend.

No, it was the game for football connoisseurs, years ago, back in the PS2 days. Its not anymore its simply not a good game. PES on PS2? Absolutely. There is no game for for football connoisseurs anymore its not PES nor FIFA, in fact it would probably be Football Manager.

Oh yes, EA love to cheat their players. Its how they develop. Every problem in the previous FIFA was fixed by a cheat in the next one. When people complained about pace they just ignored the stat and made the slow player just catch the fast player. When people complained about breaking down the wings and passing to an unmarked player in the box, they made that pass simply miss the player. Which resulted in what should be a bread and butter pass going straight to the keeper. It didn't matter who passed it.

In fact writing the above paragraph gave me deja vu. I was certain I wrote something similar years back. So I dug this up from 25/10/2012 (Which is a month into FIFA 13) From the FIFA forums

great post. i was worried my demo thoughts would lead to arguments but its actually been a very good debate.
    Forum Member
    Turned the game speed down a bit to slow, and am having a bit more fun with it now. See how we go.
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be long until PES community releases a patch which will have the proper names, kits etc.

I think I'll give PES the benefit of the doubt this year.

Has it even been confirmed yet, PES release date?
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be long until PES community releases a patch which will have the proper names, kits etc.

November the somethingth, demo out later this month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nov 13th release

demo out on 17th (maybe xbox get it 16th i dunno)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would use the fake names and kits if the game was as good as the old PS2 days. Never bothered me that Von Mistelroum was Van Nistelrooy.
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both FIFA and PES series but this may be first time I wouldn't buy FIFA game as I only got last gen console and FIFA15 seen to be same as 14 version just kit and squad update, I might change my mind once I play on demo but from what I read it seen I just wait until I get PS4 until I get FIFA15.

As for PES2015 again I'm in two mind into getting it as 2014 version was first time I didn't like PES game and I wish I didn't trade in 2013 version as I thought it was lot better then 14 version, I hear they got more teams in PES2015 (not too sure if that true?) and believe Championship division is in new one too which I think is good news (hopefully they have League one next season so I can use Oldham on PES) again I probably see what demo like for PES 2015 but if it same as 14 version then I probably wouldn't bother getting that game too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've now spent over 10 hours playing the Fifa 15 demo (PS4) here are my thoughts:

I've been playing with random teams for the most part but have played more with PSG than anybody else (I like Ibra).

My control setup is as follows:

Player Switching: Air Balls
    Pass Assistance: Off
    Passing: Semi
    Through Balls: Manual
    Shooting: Semi
    Lobbed Passing: Manual
    Defending: Tactical

Difficulty: Professional

Positives:

- EA have done well to improve visuals throughout the game
    - The pitch is incredible to look at
    - Noticeable pitch wear during games
    - Ability to control receiving players for both corners and throwings is a great addition
    - Crowd looks better and sounds amazing (especially chants)
    - Crowd animations are vastly improved over 14
    - Half time and full time match highlights are really well done and add a great deal of immersion to the whole big match feeling.
    - Nice little touch during the commentary before kick off where the commentator runs through the starting line up, new to Fifa and once again adds to the 'watching the game on tv feeling'
    -Through balls have been nerfed
    - The new tactic and team management screens are an improvement they are also clean and snappy when used.

Negatives:

- Shooting doesn't feel natural, as others have stated it almost feels as if the shooting system is predetermined or on rails, something is certainly wrong with the shooting system in the demo. It's certainly not a patch on it's predecessor.
    - Tackling doesn't feel weighty or physical anymore.
    - Computer AI seem like they are once again protected by some invisible force field.
    - The new goalkeeping AI is broken, keepers rush out and make silly decisions most of the time. They also seem to get caught out of position a lot especially when dealing with back passes, shots and chipped through balls.
    - Passing and through balls are very weak.
    -Matches often get bogged down in the centre of the park
    - Slide tackles are a waste of time
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you guys get many crashes on your Fifa 14?

For me, sometimes after a game in career mode it just crashes out of the blue and I lose all progress. It is quite the pain in the proverbial.
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I'll be trying PES 15 demo when it's released then making my decision on what game I'll be getting. Not sold on FIFA tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »

-
    - Ability to control receiving players for both corners and throwings is a great addition

-

taken from pes 2013

although pes have now taken weekly form updates so its to be expected that good stuff will be copied.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    taken from pes 2013

although pes have now taken weekly form updates so its to be expected that good stuff will be copied.

I'm sure FIFA have done it before, long before 2013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA cannot complain if PES take their features. Most of FIFA's controls were copied from PES.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Anyone like using the voice commands on the demo ? I like them. Great for subs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I don't like much is sliding tackles to me there doesn't feel any weight to them what so ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Tried out the demo for Fifa 15 and I think the game flows better than compared with PES2014, I found on PES that it was really difficult to ever get some space to run at the defence and players never made decent runs when trying to pass and move outside the penalty area.

On Fifa 15 it's great when I've been able to turn and run at the defence and actually be able to get past players with speed alone, it was always difficult to do that on PES 2014. Sometimes it's far too easy but better than constantly being caught by defenders despite having much better speed and dribbling stats.

Likewise it means I can pass to teammates who will get the ball and move ahead of their markers, rather than having to pass backwards because their marker keeps pace with them unless you can pull off a load of tricks. The demo still has flaws but pleased with what I've seen so far.
    Forum Member
    Despite my earlier opinion, I've spent quite a bit of time with the demo (PS3), and it's really won me over. At first it just felt like a rehash of 14, which I didn't care for at all, but now I'm finding it hard to go back to my beloved 13 after playing it. I play on slow, and I think it feels better for it personally. Pre-ordered it anyway. Will likely be my last FIFA for some time.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Despite my earlier opinion, I've spent quite a bit of time with the demo (PS3), and it's really won me over. At first it just felt like a rehash of 14, which I didn't care for at all, but now I'm finding it hard to go back to my beloved 13 after playing it. I play on slow, and I think it feels better for it personally. Pre-ordered it anyway. Will likely be my last FIFA for some time.

Pes 2014 was a joke of a game but 2015 has gone back to what made it so good on ps2, try the demo on Wednesday and see the difference.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care what you think. As for it being a top seller, have you seen the opposition? (of course you have). There is no competition. Everybody bar the hardest of die hard fans will recognise FIFA overtook PES at the start of the last generation.

The biggest myth in the gaming world. FIFA has never overtook PES despite what various Sheeple may say. FIFA got better, yes. PES got worse, yes. But it's never been the better game. Even the really bad instalments of PES were still better.

It is funny all my casual footballing friends who blindly buy the game every year moaning how hard it is to score :D

Casual footy fans play FIFA.
    Real footy obsessives play PES.

So which is the better footy game? My vote is with the real footy fans here. But you are free to make your choice. Maybe FIFA is better as it's more suited to a casual, mass audience?