Options

Samsung Galaxy always has the memory full

Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
Forum Member
✭✭
I've deleted all messages and cleared the web history, and there are only about 4 photos on there. It tells me to delete apps but when I try to, they're all the ones that came with the phone and I can't. :confused:
Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do about it? Other than restore it to factory settings and lose all my contacts?

Comments

• Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    restoring factory settings should not lose your contacts if you are signed in to google.

what storage exactly is full?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    restoring factory settings should not lose your contacts if you are signed in to google.

what storage exactly is full?
    The internal memory when I go online with it, also the text messages are full if there are more than two on there. And I mean my phone numbers, not Google contacts. I can write them down then try it though.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    The internal memory when I go online with it, also the text messages are full if there are more than two on there. And I mean my phone numbers, not Google contacts. I can write them down then try it though.

i know you mean phone numbers. on android phones they are sync'd to your google account. if you have it turned on.
    go here:
    https://www.google.co.uk/contacts/

and if you can see all your contacts you're grand. they will be restored after a reset when you sign back in to google.

text messages are tiny in the scheme of things. sounds like you have something saved that is taking up a lot of space. but without seeing it don't know that i can help you.
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go into settings and then Storage and it should tell you what space is used up by what. Take a screenshot and post it here if you don't understand what it all means.
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which model is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    Go into settings and then Storage and it should tell you what space is used up by what. Take a screenshot and post it here if you don't understand what it all means.
    It's not very specific, it just says how much space is available.