Taylor Swift & Tom Hiddlestone WTF?

1383940414244»

Comments

• Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    He has gone from a quiet, reserved classy actor to an in your face, all dancing, all flirting for the cameras Andre-esque PR stunt. I think he's being very badly advised. Most people seemed to think better of him before all this started.

I guess it's really hard to come down with some grace from that highly embarrassing Hiddleswift three mths. It was such a juvenile moment of his life (no matter how he sees it), I don't think it's something so easy to let down. Before all this, I had a high respect of his work and him as an actor. Now, he risks the reputation of being one of those talented actors who likes to do stupid idiotic things just to up his profile. I hope he lets his talent and work do his talking for him from now on and not his romantic relationships.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    He has gone from a quiet, reserved classy actor to an in your face, all dancing, all flirting for the cameras Andre-esque PR stunt. I think he's being very badly advised. Most people seemed to think better of him before all this started.

Ugh. No fan of Tom's naked ambition but seriously, get a grip on comparing him to the pondlife that is the grimly talentless Andre.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh. No fan of Tom's naked ambition but seriously, get a grip on comparing him to the pondlife that is the grimly talentless Andre.

But that's my point. There was no need for it. He had a huge following as Loki and the new film will go nuclear, his performance in the Night Manager was incredible. He was receiving great reviews and being touted for Bond. He started acting like a wanna be that would do anything to get his name in the papers, his stunts from the Price/Andre school of PR.

I actually wondered if he had signed to CAN at one point!
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »

Poor old Tom, he has no idea who he is and is desperately flailing about in the aftermath of his summer of shame, trying to find an image that will change the narrative and put TayTo to bed!

The Interview Mag pics are hilarious - but they're still a definite improvement on the high comedy that was the Gucci Cruise spread - but the accompanying self-reverential love-in interview between him and Cumberbatch is seriously beyond parody. :D
  • Options
    ThornfieldThornfield Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

Gosh he just becomes even more embarrassing if that's possible. Whoever is advising him should be sacked. He's gone from critical darling to laughing stock in the blink of an eye. I can't remember any celeb doing such a drastic "u-turn" when it comes to the handling of their image.
  • Options
    ThornfieldThornfield Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Interview Mag pics are hilarious - but they're still a definite improvement on the high comedy that was the Gucci Cruise spread - but the accompanying self-reverential love-in interview between him and Cumberbatch is seriously beyond parody. :D

Oh God. I already can't read any Cumberbatch interviews because as much as I love him as an actor I cringe pretty much every time he opens his mouth. It's weird as I'm sure he wasn't like that in the beginning so maybe the fame has gone to his head and he doesn't bother using his filter anymore, who knows.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check out Hiddlestauner's cringy golden globe speech and Joshua Malina (from Scandal) top reply on twitter. :D

The mans a complete idiot! Is he deliberately trying to sabotage his career?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/01/09/tom-hiddleston-criticised-white-saviour-golden-globes-speech/
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually that's not strictly true- his fame particularly for Loki was that he combined being a classy actor who could quote Shakespeare monologues with snake hips dancing and singing in his car. He was serious & dorky.

The problem is, and it's the same thing that's happening to J Law, is that with a global 24 hour media cycle there has to be a new story, a new dorky act that is bigger or different to the last one. Which means they have to be faked rather than as initially relying on the persons personality.
  • Options
    ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Taylor seems to have swung back to obsessing over Calvin Harris. Her latest song with Zayn is screaming about having 'lost the love of my life' and wanting him to 'come on home'. This can't be about Tom, they never lived together, although who knows, she wrote a whole album about a three month relationship with HarryStyles.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check out Hiddlestauner's cringy golden globe speech and Joshua Malina (from Scandal) top reply on twitter. :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/01/09/tom-hiddleston-criticised-white-saviour-golden-globes-speech/

was it all that bad though? I think he was an idiot with the Taylor Swift stuff but to me the knives are out because of that episode. Anything he does not will be scrutinised because he is on the down slide popularity wise.
    the twisting of what he said is almost funny. do people really think he went up there with the intention of making out he is a humanitarian saviour for his performance in a TV programme?
    it was a silly speech but people want to turn it into the lets hate Hiddleson band wagon. the press are clearly encouraging it as well. He should have had the sense to lay low for a long time and just get on with his career. he probably wanted to say something nice but it went kak handed is my guess.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Zarla wrote: »
    Taylor seems to have swung back to obsessing over Calvin Harris. Her latest song with Zayn is screaming about having 'lost the love of my life' and wanting him to 'come on home'. This can't be about Tom, they never lived together, although who knows, she wrote a whole album about a three month relationship with HarryStyles.

Isn't the song for the 50 Shades of Gray movie, I doubt it's in any way personal for her.
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    was it all that bad though? I think he was an idiot with the Taylor Swift stuff but to me the knives are out because of that episode. Anything he does not will be scrutinised because he is on the down slide popularity wise.
    the twisting of what he said is almost funny. do people really think he went up there with the intention of making out he is a humanitarian saviour for his performance in a TV programme?
    it was a silly speech but people want to turn it into the lets hate Hiddleson band wagon. the press are clearly encouraging it as well. He should have had the sense to lay low for a long time and just get on with his career. he probably wanted to say something nice but it went kak handed is my guess.

He's apologised now, but I wish he hadn't. As usual, there are some tweets against him, but many thousands more who were happy with what he said, millions who were indifferent, and a lot who think he said nothing wrong after not being interested in the first place.

Someone criticised him for calling South Sudan the world's youngest country because it's been populated since early humanity. That doesn't affect UN membership though, FFS.
  • Options
    LauraLSLauraLS Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Such an overreaction in my opinion. All he did was repeat what they had said to him. We really are living in an annoying time where you are scrutinised for everything you say and people deliberately misconstrue the slightest thing.

Caity Weaver tweet: "A quick story: I was in South Sudan and everyone said the ONLY thing they care about is my performance in Netflix's The Crown"

Pathetic.

Also what's the point of projecting a race issue onto this by calling it a "white saviour" speech.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LauraLS wrote: »
    Such an overreaction in my opinion. All he did was repeat what they had said to him. We really are living in an annoying time where you are scrutinised for everything you say and people deliberately misconstrue the slightest thing.

Caity Weaver tweet: "A quick story: I was in South Sudan and everyone said the ONLY thing they care about is my performance in Netflix's The Crown"

Pathetic.

Also what's the point of projecting a race issue onto this by calling it a "white saviour" speech.

His intentions were good but unfortunately he did what he's done on numerous previous occasions, failed to edit his own neediness and made it about himself rather than the people he was dedicating his award to. But an over-reaction, certainly.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor old Tom, he has no idea who he is and is desperately flailing about in the aftermath of his summer of shame, trying to find an image that will change the narrative and put TayTo to bed!

I couldn't finish it, it's awful! "My friend..." they are like uber-posh Smashy and Nicey the cringe is strong!
  • Options
    LauraLSLauraLS Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His intentions were good but unfortunately he did what he's done on numerous previous occasions, failed to edit his own neediness and made it about himself rather than the people he was dedicating his award to. But an over-reaction, certainly.

I just hate this current trend of taking something fairly innocent someone says, changing it and in the process being far more offensive than what was said originally. The tweet I quoted being a prime example. Besides which it was aid workers who said they had watched the show. And then to turn it into a race issue on top of that...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just hate this current trend of taking something fairly innocent someone says, changing it and in the process being far more offensive than what was said originally. The tweet I quoted being a prime example. Besides which it was aid workers who said they had watched the show. And then to turn it into a race issue on top of that...

It's a horrible down and dark side of social media where the need for 'likes' and 'retweets' takes precedence over rational and objectives facts.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they do it to Trump and he was offensive to begin with :D
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zarla wrote: »

I think Taylor loved Calvin and she definately loved Harry but they were I think it was a case of too much, too young. The effects of the coverage and being "**** shamed", was the reason she stopped dating for two years.
    I think she and Tom were a fling, and the way it was covered was horrible, the way she was **** shamed, though Calvin had several girlfriends over the summer and Tom is also a serial dater and got none of the shaming coverage or harassment. I thinks she was more into Tom than the other way around and I also think she realised she was better off being single at the moment, because of the chaos and lack of privacy, but she has gone very quiet now after such a horrible year. She seems to be really establishing herself as a songwriter of different genres and is most likely too busy working on new material to be with anyone. It is very tough for successful women to be in a relationship when men often feel threatened by it or use that success to raise their own profile.