Wow. Amazing.
  • WhoMadWhoMad Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    THAT WAS BRILLIANT.

A good few classic pieces played too which was just lovely to hear. :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was amazing and makes me feel really sorry that it's already over. Too bad we had no video to go with it, would have been even more epic if we knew what was happening there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Aside from not knowing WTF was happening on stage, twas a brilliant Prom and so nice to have Peter and Carol Ann Ford there. Murray Gold is a composing god and even the children's compositions were pretty good. All in all a fantastic way to get ready for the 50th.

But I have some stuffed shirts on my facebook page who are shocked-shocked! that Doctor Who is a Prom. With all the classical Proms, there can be room for more modern composers! Sheesh.

ETA loved the humor-especially with the Daleks. Wonder if the "conductor overacting" line was ad libbed
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Loved the classic suite. Identified every story and quoted bits from each of them
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to find as many videos and photos from it as I can ... XD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hearing a Dalek say "I can't hear you!" made me want to go outside and kick that cat that's been lying under the car for the best part of 3 hours.

Apart from that it was a fun listen! :D
  • ryanellisryanellis Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Was it the Timelords singing "Song for 50"?

Will the Time War be in the 50th?

Definitely hopefully yes!
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Thanks a lot for these. :)

Well, it's not a Samson situation then! Matt is just The Doctor...seems almost effortless. So funny, and what about that high kick as he and Clara run off the stage!

Going to miss this Madman in a Box...
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My niece and I were there last night and had an amazing time :) Whomever put the event together did a fine job in managing to provide something for everybody in the audience. My niece was delighted by the Daleks and the Ice Warrior in the crowd, I adored the classic series suite and was thrilled by the appearance of Peter Davision (what a lovely surprise :) ), we both loved the pieces of music taken from series 7 (definitely bumps up my excitement for the series 7 soundtrack) and All The Strange Strange Creatures (which had the pick of the videos to accompany it). An absolute treat :)
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    My niece and I were there last night and had an amazing time :) Whomever put the event together did a fine job in managing to provide something for everybody in the audience. My niece was delighted by the Daleks and the Ice Warriors in the crowd, I adored the classic series suite and was thrilled by the appearance of Peter Davision (what a lovely surprise :) ), we both loved the pieces of music taken from series 7 (definitely bumps up my excitement for the series 7 soundtrack) and All The Strange Strange Creatures (which had the pick of the videos to accompany it). An absolute treat :)

Glad to hear you had a good time
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Thanks a lot for these. :)

Well, it's not a Samson situation then! Matt is just The Doctor...seems almost effortless. So funny, and what about that high kick as he and Clara run off the stage!

Going to miss this Madman in a Box...

Having watched the clips I'm afraid to say I had the opposite reaction. I won't be sorry to see the back of Smithy with his shouty gibbering. It's way too clownish for me and has been for the last couple of series.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My niece and I were there last night and had an amazing time :) Whomever put the event together did a fine job in managing to provide something for everybody in the audience. My niece was delighted by the Daleks and the Ice Warrior in the crowd, I adored the classic series suite and was thrilled by the appearance of Peter Davision (what a lovely surprise :) ), we both loved the pieces of music taken from series 7 (definitely bumps up my excitement for the series 7 soundtrack) and All The Strange Strange Creatures (which had the pick of the videos to accompany it). An absolute treat :)

I was there too and it was great,the whole thing had a terrific atmosphere. Matt, Peter Davison and Carole Ann Ford were amazing, it was so good to see them and the video sequences were awesome. The various creatures popping up in the crowd were great, you didn't know quite were to look next. I absolutely loved the Daleks...as always the acoustics at the RAH were superb and the choice of music very good, even Vale Decem (known locally as 'come in number 10, your time's up:))
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched the clips I'm afraid to say I had the opposite reaction. I won't be sorry to see the back of Smithy with his shouty gibbering. It's way too clownish for me and has been for the last couple of series.

Ridiculous. How can you *possibly* suggest that Matt Smith has been "too clownish" when you consider his performances in episodes like... nah, I can't pull this off. Fair enough, just totally disagree with you! Sorry, this blinkin' weather's making me skittish! ;)

Glad to hear above posters enjoyed the experience. Looking forward to seeing it on telly. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you guys who were there live had a grea time (though I'm just a bit jealous of you) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    So would the proms be canon? Since the missing hair has been explained maybe they will just let him have whatever hair length it is, I do know moffat said he wouldn't go without his signature do but still thinking of the possibility
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

Brilliant. Well done! The reception Davison got was lovely. it came across very well on the radio and the atmosphere was caught. But I'm looking forward to the tv broadcast later in the year. (whenever that is).
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Brilliant. Well done! The reception Davison got was lovely. it came across very well on the radio and the atmosphere was caught. But I'm looking forward to the tv broadcast later in the year. (whenever that is).

I'm sure Davison got the largest applause of the night, much longer than any other, even for Matt! I know I had a massive grin on my face when he came on stage, and I'm one of those he was talking about that wasn't even born!
    It was quite funny really because there was silence as he came onto the stage until he got close enough for people to see who it was and then the place just erupted!!

Best. Concert. Ever :D:D:D:D:D