Options

DELL W2600 & SKY HD problem with pic

swillsswills Posts: 4,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi
Can anyone help? I am on my 3rd Dell W2600 26" TV, whilst the problems with the first two seem to have been sorted, an ongoing issue is that when I watch HD, there are two feint lines of distortion at the top of screen, mainly when it is a bright scene or a sudden move, otherwise the picture (in 720) is great.
I do not seem to get this in 1080, but then the picture goes all wishy washy and very pale which is no good either, I could adjust the picture, but then if I went back to any other transmission the picture would need adjusting 'again' !
DELL are not sure what the issue is, but I imagine it's quite a 'small' problem as I reckon not many have a DELL 26" and SKY HD !

If I watch an SD transmission via HDMI/DVI it is the same distortion at the top.

anyone give some guidance please
thnaks

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,518
    Forum Member
    Perhaps you should get a better TV?, Dell are hardly known for making quality TV's! - presumably this is just a cheap set bought in and badged?.
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you should get a better TV?, Dell are hardly known for making quality TV's! - presumably this is just a cheap set bought in and badged?.

It was actually won in a competition about a year ago, when tghe price was checked at that time it was about £1200, and also quite a few reviews were quite favourable, but I think it is a Philips, as the SKY+ remote worked 'out of the box'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    swills wrote: »
    It was actually won in a competition about a year ago, when tghe price was checked at that time it was about £1200, and also quite a few reviews were quite favourable, but I think it is a Philips, as the SKY+ remote worked 'out of the box'

The Philips RC5 remote control system is used by lot's and lot's of different TV's - including most of the cheaper ones, it's cheaper to buy your remote control system from Philips Components than make your own.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liteon seem to be the manufacturer according to this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Philips Components manufacture the RC5 remote control system, this is the world's most common remote control - with many of the cheap manufacturers buying it from Philips.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philips Components manufacture the RC5 remote control system, this is the world's most common remote control - with many of the cheap manufacturers buying it from Philips.

sorry, I meant that Liteon appear to make the actual LCD TV, not the remote codes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorry, I meant that Liteon appear to make the actual LCD TV, not the remote codes

Yes I know, I was just explaining why it uses a Philips remote.