Pixels

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
Forum Member
✭✭
So there is a new film coming out called Pixels and upon looking at the trailer it looks so bad that it might actually be worth watching. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wonder how many ten pee's we'd have to put in :D
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    wonder how many ten pee's we'd have to put in :D

Standard 3D film would probably cost about a tenner, so 100 for the movie, and about another 80 for Popcorn and Drink. :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this earlier - even though it's Sandler (and Kevin James I suppose), I might have to give it a look for the potential retro value.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the plot for an episode of Futurama
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the plot for an episode of Futurama

You're not wrong there at all ..
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like it's based on the short film by Patrick Jean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8vRWTSsJo
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks absolutely awful. It's almost like they're banking on the gamers and nerds to look at it and go "ZOMG VIDEO GAMES" and put all their money into seeing it. Which if that is what they think, will backfire massively.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the trailer was released on the 1st of April, I'd completely believe it is a piss-take. I'm not saying they shouldn't, but I find it bizarre that someone is funding a feature-length film based around the idea of an evil Pacman.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see this being a huge hit at the box office. The 'jokes' in the trailer are kind of corny but the concept itself is sounds great. Could have the same novelty as Wreck It Ralph.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    ^Wreck-It Ralph had some wit to it. This just looks witless.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like an interesting film, but Adam Sandler and Kevin James in it? No thanks. Can't stand either of them.

I suppose as it's a Sandler film all his buddies will be in it too? So expect David Spade, Chris Rock, and Steve Buscemi in there as cameos too.

As someone on another board said "The worst star imaginable for an interesting premise"
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not as pessimistic as some in this thread.
    I like the concept that we send one of these probes out into space to proudly show off our culture. An alien race learns from the video games that we like conflict and killing, so contact us in that manner.

I think if you take it in the tongue in cheek manner it is probably intended to be it could work like Ghostbusters or Mars Attacks and I can see it being very popular.
    It seems better than ideas like this that come across as po-faced and take themselves seriously like the Transformers films.

The premise is pretty good I think.
    It's going to depend on the execution and whether the actors can carry it.
    I'm just not sure if the casting is right. Adam Sadler? Hmm, I don't know.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the trailer was released on the 1st of April, I'd completely believe it is a piss-take. I'm not saying they shouldn't, but I find it bizarre that someone is funding a feature-length film based around the idea of an evil Pacman.

Not too different from Ghostbusters in that respect when you had characters like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Meh..I do like Adam Sandler not sure why myself!, I am in the minority here, could be a good bit of fun! Little Nicky was a laugh, and we all loved Bedtime Stories..on dvd of course..not sure if I would see it at the cinema, however rainy days and all that! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, not sure about this one. Looks like they tried to do some weird rip-off of Wreck It Ralph! Still, if Sandler plays it off well I reckon the film could be in for some success. Could be one of those 'it's so bad it's good' films :P I'm more excited for Avengers Age of Ultron to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every review i've either read or heard about this is saying it's a turkey of absolutely mammoth proportions.

I still want to see it, but it's being made out to be one of the worst films in the history of cinema at the moment :o
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Product Placement.

Whats not to not like?
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've yet to read a good review, but I'll probably see it. I was hoping it wouldn't be an Adam Sandler movie, if that makes sense. I know he's the main actor, but I was hoping that he had little to do with the writing or that it would at least be reminiscent of his good stuff. What happened to him?
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like it's based on the short film by Patrick Jean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8vRWTSsJo
    If they made a film based around this concept, this could have been brilliant. Brilliant little video.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    It looks awful, the reviews have been awful. Apparently its full of giant plot holes and nonsense. I was considering seeing just to waste some time but after all I've heard, no way.
    One review said the only half decent character, Q-Bert, gets turned into a woman and is literally given to one of the characters as a trophy
  • Chris197800Chris197800 Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Adam Sandler but I get he's not to everyone's taste, on the whole though while he will certainly never win a Oscar and every character he plays is identical I have found nearly all of his films at least watchable, a Sandler flick is always good if you want something that's easy to watch without requiring you to think to hard about the plot and normally raises a couple of laughs.

This film looks ridiculous but I've seen the trailer twice now and both times have thought I want to see this film, it looks perhaps the biggest budget film Sandler has ever been attached to. I noticed Kevin James has a part in it, I wonder how many other members of the Sandler entourage will appear.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check this review/rant (warning: lots of swearing)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD2293oGvA
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it in IMAX last month with my daughter. We both enjoyed it. :)

I'm not a massive Sandler fan, but I did like Wedding Singer and Click.

Let's be honest, the guy will never be in contention for an Oscar, but I imagine he doesn't give a monkey's. He's rich and making films that look fun; there are worse things to do for a living. :D
  • TARDIS BlueTARDIS Blue Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to see it. It's just a bit of fun. Leave the seriousness and the cynicism at home and you should be okay, but we'll soon see.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I Went to see it this Saturday and it was worth a watch. I think if anyone goes to see it thinking its going to be the best film of the year has seriously never seen an Adam Sandler movie ;-)

Its predictable and silly but a fun watch.