Front Runner TV

tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What does it show as it not the same as the sky channel that I have.

Comments

• tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • BoolianBoolian Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV Guide on Sky and Freesat website advertises Greyhound Racing but when I put channel 91 on it was showing some motorbike show I think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no Greyhound Racing :(
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boolian wrote: »
    Still no Greyhound Racing :(

Very odd I get the greyhound racing on sky but this would be good for all with freeview as it not cover at all.Oh and its live.
  • LouHLouH Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi there,

I'm working with Front Runner TV and found this thread through our alerts.

There's a Front Runner on Sky that shows greyhound racing - the new Front Runner channel on Freeview airs alternative sports shows. These include skateboarding, surfing, MMA, poker etc and live sports are coming soon.

Here's a link to a story about the channel's launch.

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/10/front-runner-announces-freeview-sports.html

Hope that helps.

Louise.
  • dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems pretty stupid giving the freeview channel the same name when it's different to the existing Sky version. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta say I am disappointed Greyhound Racing ain't on the Freeview version :(
  • duffman25duffman25 Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame its not a full UK 24 hour sports channel showing a mixture of things it would have done do e well compare to only half the country like it is now and it's not even available through the internet like showcase tv is
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah a full 24 hr sports channel would do ok, however guess we don't know the costs. Motors TV had a fairly big increase in viewing figures when on Freeview, however maybe it wasn't enough to pay the bills as such.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    Shame its not a full UK 24 hour sports channel showing a mixture of things it would have done do e well compare to only half the country like it is now and it's not even available through the internet like showcase tv is
    clewsy wrote: »
    Yeah a full 24 hr sports channel would do ok, however guess we don't know the costs. Motors TV had a fairly big increase in viewing figures when on Freeview, however maybe it wasn't enough to pay the bills as such.

Frontrunner TV is now 24/7 on satellite.

Have their broadcast hours increased on Freeview too?
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LouH wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm working with Front Runner TV and found this thread through our alerts.

There's a Front Runner on Sky that shows greyhound racing - the new Front Runner channel on Freeview airs alternative sports shows. These include skateboarding, surfing, MMA, poker etc and live sports are coming soon.

Here's a link to a story about the channel's launch.

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/10/front-runner-announces-freeview-sports.html

Hope that helps.

Louise.
    You are breaking broadcasting etiquette by having the same channel name on different platforms but showing different content. Stop it at once!
  • Drizzle73Drizzle73 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Not sure I like the description of this - if it's anything like the 24-Hour Series 60-minute 'highlights' packages they've been showing up to this point, it's almost all interviews and pretty much zero actual on-track action
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seemed that racing was on at 4.30pm today. Looked ok.
  • zeebre12zeebre12 Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the satellite channel stil different from the Freeview channel? Why dont they have different names if so?
  • Drizzle73Drizzle73 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    clewsy wrote: »
    Seemed that racing was on at 4.30pm today. Looked ok.

Yes, there was indeed actual racing - it's just a shame they missed the end of the race due to technical problems. On that note, poker really isn't a spectator sport...
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Is this channel still showing a different schedule on Sky as it is on Freeview?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching it now and it's deffo getting better. Now has motor sport on and maybe could become established.