Options

Options Hot Chocolate

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
Forum Member
I'm trying to track down the new caramel flavoured one that is advertised on TV, but I haven't seen it anywhere. It's not mentioned on their website either.

I've seen the new fancy flavoured ones (higher in calories) in larger sachets, but I don't think it's part of that range.

Has anyone seen them? I've looked in Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, etc. Are they advertising something that they don't actually make?!

While I'm on the subject, they've withdrawn the white hot chocolate one in the large tubs! :cry:

I have a bit of a hot chocolate addiction :o

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    is the Options range nice? Thinking of getting a few sachets when I go shopping.

I like the sound of the orange, vanilla, mint, and white ones.

:)
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too small and I expected too much from it. Now sticking to highlights or Galaxy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    I used to love Options hot chocolate. I made myself sick of them though as I used to drink them every day. My favourites were orange and mint :) Quite in the mood for one now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Could you used these with just milk and make a flavoured milk or do you have to have them hot?
  • Options
    DevoidDroidDevoidDroid Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I think i saw these in morrisons who seem to have the biggest range of all the supermarkets here. Didnt realise caramel was new.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bought a few sachets recently. :) They were nice, I think I have one left.

I've been looking for the vanilla one though..can't find it anywhere :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought the Caramel flavour from Morrisons a few weeks ago, so they might do them in a larger store. Hope you are able to find them!
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you used these with just milk and make a flavoured milk or do you have to have them hot?

They are designed to be made with hot water so probably wouldn't mix well into cold milk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the only ones I can find in supermarkets (I've checked sainsburys and morrisons) are orange, mint, belgian chocolate and caramel.

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I forgot I made this thread! :o

I've since found them. Caramel wasn't as exciting as I thought, lol.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    They turn into cake mix with cold milk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can make them in to a cold drink. Put the powder in to a mug, add about a teaspoon of boiling water to dissolve, mix well, them fill up the cup with cold milk. Et voila, Options milkshake. :)
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My family like these. Locally we can only get Belgian Chocolate, Choc & Mint & Choc & Orange in large jars. However, in sachets there are lovely flavours like Hazelnut, white chocolate, choc & banana, carribbean coconut etc. All of which are lovely!
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say i find all these instant hot chocs horrible, powdery and watery. if i do want a hot choc then i always make the proper stuff which is essentially just chocolate melted into milk.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy Hot Chocolate >
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Options. I think it's the best of the low fat hot chocs because it still tastes creamy. I only use 1 heaped teaspoon though. I always find the instructions of any drink tell you to use more than you need.

Don't really like the different flavours though, just stick to belgian choc.
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I must say i find all these instant hot chocs horrible, powdery and watery. if i do want a hot choc then i always make the proper stuff which is essentially just chocolate melted into milk.
    I have to admit I sometimes indulge in a sickeningly sweet dose of nutella mixed with hot milk.

With added sugar :o